1,133 Reviews

1,642 of 1,659 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Love this machine. Great value. Not fancy.
I have a Pfaff quilters machine that died and needs parts. It is going to cost about double the cost of this machine to repair it. So I figured what the heck. I've been sewing since grade school in the 1960s and have used all sorts of machines. I also worked at a fabric store for a number of years. I have some advice for the beginner. Various reviews of this machine...
Published on January 31, 2011 by S. Eaton

1,017 of 1,057 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly "Heavy Duty"
I purchased the Singer 4423 Heavy Duty because I wanted a more powerful replacement for my older but reliable Singer sewing machine. I wanted to able to sew a variety of projects using denim, canvas, leather, or other heavy fabrics with better results than what I was currently getting. I liked the simple design and straightforward operation of the 4423. It has a good...
Published on September 9, 2010 by sew_so

‹ Previous | 113 14 15114 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Save and Enjoy, April 22, 2011
This review is from: SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine with Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate (Kitchen)
I was very happy to find a hundred dollar savings with Amazon. I really like the machine. It sews through layers of denim like I hoped it would.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Machine, March 27, 2011
I do a lot of straight stitch sewing - quilts, costumes, etc. This machine is fast, reliable, sews over many layers of cloth and is very easy to use. I have cut my work time in half easy. I would recomend this to anyone who isn't looking for a fancy stitch machine.

3.0 out of 5 stars ok machine, March 2, 2011
Bought this machine to do alot of mending and sewing but haven't been able to
get a handle on the tension. Makes all the stitches right but very loose. Nothing
in the manual handles this problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great price, great value, February 17, 2011
A Kid's Review
I've used this machine for making a jacket with liner and velvet pants since I bought it. It worked very well with those items. I am going to sew different materials like denim next. This machine works very well for all the types of things I want to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice good quality machine, June 9, 2014
I bought this Singer 4411 to replace a singer my mom had and I inherited when she passed away. My old machine had worked for over 40 years so I looked at different brands but bought this. Its a good quality machine and does everything I want it to do, sewing jeans, light weight upholstery material, t-shirts and any repairs needed to be done. It came with a few accessories needed like sewing needles, cleaning brush, seam ripper and three extra bobbins. It only took a few minutes to figure out how to thread the bobbin and thread the machine and I was sewing. It has a handle that lifts up to carry it which is a nice plus. The price was very reasonable too.

One thing I would like to tell all you ladies something I learned. I had gone to a local sewing machine store to see if my old machine was worth fixing and it wasn't because it was too old. The lady at the store told me that machines sold at sewing machine stores are different from sewing machine sold in big box stores, such as Amazon, K-Mart, Walmart and so on. She said they make a less costly machine for the big box stores using cheaper parts than the machines sold at high end sewing machine stores. I was skeptical so I sent an email to Singer and to Brother sewing machines and they said the information I was given was incorrect. The machines sold are the same. They don't make "cheaper machines" for big box stores. They also said the only difference is that machines bought in a high end sewing machine store cost more because they usually have "hands on training offered" and sometimes a cleaning or two the first year after you purchase a machine. With big box stores you can email for help or questions. Both Singer and Brother said that the lady in the store was probably just trying to make the sale with me. By the way, in the high end store both brand machines were about 40 to 60 dollars more so I was glad to find the sewing machine I wanted at a better price through Amazon.

Shipping took 5 days longer than posted in the shipping information after I purchased the machine and the box was torn and looked like it had gone through a war zone, thanks to the FedEx sure post way of shipping. Luckily the machine was packed in rigid styrafoam and arrived with no defects to the machine. I complained to Amazon about the lengthy wait and the condition of the box and they offered me a 20% discount for my complaints or return the machine if it was damaged and they would have replaced it if needed. I was very pleased with the customer service and speedy reply to my email. Amazon does try its best to keep a customer happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gift for my son, June 5, 2014
I sent this to my grown son. He is putting the finishing touches on a white water raft and was having trouble sewing the layers of straps needed for the project.
He is thrilled..really..at how great this machine is..and especially how fast it is.
He even fixed a bridesmaid dress for a friend of his using the machine.
The apple didn't drop too far from this tree ;-)

Now I want one for the speed and the ability to sew through many layers easily.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of Crap - Don't waste your money., June 1, 2014
So I have actually purchased 3 of these heavy duty singer machines in the past month. Yes, THREE in the past month. The first one died after 4 - 5 days of use. Problem sprang up suddenly with the bobbin and the whole thing would not budge or work again. I thought the first one was a lemon so I returned it to Amazon and went out to purchase a new machine.

Sadly everywhere around where I live only sells Singers so got another one hoping for the best. After 5 days of constant use, the same thing happened. I returned this one and now being stuck in a place where I cannot get another brand quick enough I exchanged it for another of the same machine. But after 5 days this one is also now completely broken with the same problem in the bobbin. Now also a piece of metal has come off as well. Total piece of junk.

I'm not a professional seamstress but I am sewing a lot for my job and on all 3 machines I was sewing appx 6 - 8 hrs a day with basic materials - cotton and jersey. Nothing special or heavy duty and never more than 3 layers, most of the time it was just 2 layers. I am so pissed off and frustrated. This is the 3rd time this machine has caused me to fall behind on my deadlines.

All I can say is DO NOT BUY IT. I will never buy another singer but going back to the Brother I had used for the same job for 6 months and never even had a hiccup. I let my mother take it when I got the first crappy Singer (wanted to try it because it was supposed to be fast) but now I'm getting the Brother back from her. It will be a 6 hour drive to retrieve it so thank you Singer for causing me to lose yet another day of my life dealing with your piece of crap machines.

Seriously, DO NOT buy this machine.

I felt I had to come on here and leave a review because having owned 3 of them in the same month (2 different models of the heavy duty Singer, the 4423 and the 4411) I can say with 100% accuracy that these machines are junk and will not last. Even if you just use it a couple hours a week, in about 2 months you'll have to return it or suck up the cost of buying a new one if you can't return it. Total piece of crap and a huge time waster. Singer should be absolutely ashamed and I plan on taking this to social media - they should not be selling this machine or really any machine if this is the junk they produce.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this machine, May 27, 2014
I am so glad that I did not read the reviews on this machine before I purchased it - I would have missed out on a real great deal! The threader is a blessing - with these old eyes it really helps me. All this business about the bobbin jumping out - I don't know how they got it to do that because I have not seen a problem with it yet. It is fast and rather quiet, does a great job and was a good deal.

1.0 out of 5 stars BROKEN, May 22, 2014
MACHINE i RECIEVED NEEDED TONS OF WORK . TIMING WAS OFF BY A GOOD 30 DEGREES. SENT BACK SAME DAY SADLY

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this machine!, May 16, 2014
I didn't even use it once and it already needed a bobbin adjustment. Then I had to wait 56 mins on the phone to be told that since Singer don't have a service center in my area, I have to send it, on my expense, to GA. I just packed the machined and returned it to Amazon. I'm done with Singer.

‹ Previous | 113 14 15114 | Next ›