- File Size: 409 KB
- Print Length: 39 pages
- Publisher: William Morrow (October 9, 2012)
- Publication Date: October 9, 2012
- Sold by: HarperCollins Publishers
- Language: English
- ASIN: B009M9V60S
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#457,112 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #114 in Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Politics & Social Sciences
- #183 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics
- #211 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Campaigns & Elections
This price was set by the publisher
47 Percent: Uncovering the Romney Video That Rocked the 2012 Election Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
If you are into politics, buy this book! It should be a lesson to any future wannabe politicians no matter what office that they seek... today is a youtube world, one bad comment and you could be done as a candidate.
Stupid is as stupid does. Raymond A. Cox
Although Mother Jones may be perceived by right wing Republicans as being progressive, in fact it's not. For the past decade, that fact is not a negative, in my opinion. Mother Jones, created in 1974, features investigative and breaking news reporting on politics, the environment, human rights, and culture and has been nominated for 23 National Magazine Awards.
I am strongly in support of women's issues. Take time to look at the Republican platform. I'm a woman and the reading of the platform is so very anti-woman, it scares me, simply scares me to death. It is a blantant assault of the basic rights of women.
The Pew Research Center stated that "67% of the public could identify Romney as the candidate who had made the 47% comment."
The remark was stated by Republican nominee Mitt Romney in May 2012 at a Boca Raton, FL at a $50,000 a plate fundraising event held at a private mansion. It was a secretly recorded video. Romney, very candidly said that 47% of Americans will vote for President Barack Obama "no matter what."
Here is the comment verbatim: "There are 47% who are with him, who are dependent on government, who believe that, that they are victims, who believe that government has the responsibility to care for them. Who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing."
The entire comment jumps out at me but `victims?' Injured military personnel, victims? Social Security recipients who worked their entire lives, victims? Medicare recipients? Romney considers them all victims? Pardon me, but I don't consider these folks victims, myself included.Read more ›
David Corn should be hailed as one of the most effective journalists who say and show the truth to the public. Every person who votes for Romney should read this book so they can see what utter fools they have been to want such a liar in the office of President of the United States.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Romney and his dishonest cohorts doomed themselves in the 2012 election. Romney proved to be a self-righteous and dishonest person whose tactics in trying to win the White House... Read morePublished 9 months ago by OneDirection22
An interesting behind the scenes account of how a journalist broke the story of video that wrecked Mitt Romney's presidential campaign. Read morePublished 12 months ago by Kelley Ridings
David Corn changes 2012 election with a single video clip. Before America thinks of Romney 2016 remember why Mitt The Twit lost.Published 14 months ago by Kindle Customer
David Corn is one of my favorite journalists, I am a long time subscriber to Mother Jones and I watch David on MSNBC all the time.Published 17 months ago by Tim Ivers
David Corn tells the story of how he, with some help from Jimmy Carter's grandson, procured the Romney video and publicized the critical parts. Read morePublished 20 months ago by brandenburg5
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Elections
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics & Citizenship
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > Executive Branch
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > One hour (33-43 pages) > Politics & Social Sciences
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Elections & Political Process > Campaigns & Elections
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > Specific Topics > Civics
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics & Government > United States > Federal Government