4.0 out of 5 stars Economical and great replacement, well worth the cost...
Published on November 29, 2010 by Philster

1.0 out of 5 stars laptop battery
Published on August 9, 2011 by david

1.0 out of 5 stars laptop battery, August 9, 2011
Very unhappy with supplier of the laptop battery. Had battery two weeks and then it doesn't keep a charge. Sent this battery back to Cuiping Wang in hoping to get an exchange for a new replacement. This was on July 25,2011 it is now August 9,2011 and still no replacement. Decided to use the tracking number to see if it was on the way. Messeage came back that there is no record of this number. To whom it concerns I am very upset with the service this may make it tough on future sale.

4.0 out of 5 stars Economical and great replacement, well worth the cost..., November 29, 2010
Purchased this battery for $36 as a replacement battery for my HP notebook computer, G60 series. The battery fits perfectly, and charged up well. I ran the calibration for the battery after charging the battery a couple of times. The battery seems to hold a great charge, seemingly lasting as long as the original battery did when the computer was first purchased, providing at least 2 hours of use with moderate use when using the HP recommendation power settings.

I don't know that there was an issue, however, about a week after installing the battery, my HP Total Care Advisor indicated problems with the battery. I recalibrated, and all has been good, and have checked the battery several times since then.

I noticed the battery dropped to $29 about a week or so after I bought it, which makes it an even better deal. I was even tempted to purchase an additional battery for that price. If this battery is still going strong in a month, and the price is below $30, I will more than likely do this, as even at less than $70 for two batteries, it is a steal, as I expected to pay $50 - $75 for a replacement battery when my original started going bad.

As a prime member, my 2-day shipping came on schedule, and the battery was well packaged.

1.0 out of 5 stars Started with simple glitch, but ended with inability to hold charge, January 20, 2011
Amazon Customer (Detroit, Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
UPDATE, April 19, 2011: It is about 3 months later (since I initially reviewed this product) and I am back to change my rating from 4 stars to only 1 star. Unfortunately, the battery will no longer hold a charge above about 1/3, even with recommended recalibrations. It worked well until about a week ago. It was about then that I also started noticing freezing issues with my laptop, requiring hard reboots (forced power downs). Maybe I simply got a dud; however, I will not be buying another one from the same vendor (Superb Choice); I'll be buying one from a difference vendor via "Amazon Fulfillment (LaptopMate)." I'll be back to append this review is the return does not go well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

INITIAL REVIEW: I have not had any problems with this battery, except for one, minor glitch, which is why I only gave it 4 stars. My HP notebook did not readily acknowledge the new, non-HP battery at first. After a second reboot, it did. But then, a few days later when I ran the batter test program, it reported "Replace" in the condition results.

Having some experience with this type of thing in the past, I re-calibrated the battery, via allowing it to drain completely while using the notebook without A/C power, then using A/C power to recharge it completely. After running the battery test again, it reported "Good" for the condition.

Since then, several weeks ago, it has consistently reported the condition of the battery as "Good," and I have not had any issues. The charge lasts as long as the old HP (the one I replaced) battery did when the notebook was new.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Purchase, October 27, 2011
Do not bother trying to save money by purchasing this item. The first time I charged the battery it held the charge for about 1.5 hrs then died without warning. After that, it NEVER held a charge again, not even for brief periods of time. I'm returning it in hopes to get a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, October 24, 2011
Danielle Rowe (Cameron Park, California United States) - See all my reviews
I must say, I try to give every company a fighting chance, especially if I can save some money. But, unfortunately, it didn't work out for me this time. I purchased this battery after the original HP battery went out after 2 years of good service. When I received this one, it didn't hold a charge for longer than 30 minutes. I tried to "calibrate" my computer/battery to no avail, because the "manual" had instructions that did not work for Windows 7. I even tried to charge it couple of more times, "just in case." But no, still less than half an hour. It's just a generic battery, no manufacturer contact information. It even states in the "manual" that should a problem arise, one should contact the vendor(Amazon, I would assume). I was very disappointed. I am in the process of requesting a return/refund. Let's hope that works.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery did not hold charge, July 23, 2011
To Whom It May Concern;

I purchased a "new" battery for my Hewlett Packard Laptop computer - original battery was numbered 484170-001 - a generic battery was sent. The first battery sent did not hold a charge at all. Amazon replaced this battery - the second battery held a charge one time for 80 minutes & then shut the computer down. I recharged the battery & it did not hold a charge at all. I want to return the product & receive full refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great battery for a great price, February 3, 2011
I installed the battery and it works great. It does get pretty hot when charging but not much different than the OEM battery that came with the laptop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Prefect replacement for HP battery, December 26, 2010
HP wanted about $125 for same battery. It worked perfectly the first time. Fits laptop with precision. Holds strong charge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we needed, February 20, 2011
My wife's battery died that came with her laptop. We hesitated buying a new one because hp.com sells them for $60 plus. Luckily we found this battery at an amazing deal and have been happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not fit HP Pavilion dv5 laptop, August 31, 2011
I purchased this item to replace the battery in my HP laptop model # dv5-1235dx. The original HP battery model # is 484172-001 which this battery claims to be able to replace. Unfortunately, it does not. Although the battery fits into the laptop, it does not lock in. This HP laptop does not have a battery locking mechanism slider - the original battery just clipped in and held. This new battery does not hold and can be disengaged without sliding the battery release mechanism and if the laptop is turned right side up, the battery falls out. So I will need to return this back to Amazon.