‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantasitc flashlight at a great price!, April 19, 2012
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
The Quark X 123^2 Tactical is a fantastic flashlight!

* The materials and build quality of the life are far above average.

* The number of modes available is impressive -- some of which are not found in lights that cost twice as much!

* The relatively short length of the light produces an amazing maximum output of 360 lumens. This light is bright!

* The use of two CR123A batteries provides higher maximum output while increasing overall run time.

* The size and weight of the light are great. The length of 4.5 inches is long enough without being too long. The weight of 1.8 ounces is barely noticeable inside pants pockets.

I honestly cannot complain about much of anything. The programming of the light was a little confusing and difficult before I got the hang of it. Now, its a non-issue.

Something else great about the light are the number of accessories included. I had never considered the use of a hand grip, but it's nice to have. The nylon holster, small keyring, and lanyard are nice additions. Also included are a pair of replacement o-rings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Flashlight, January 20, 2013
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
The product that arrived was QT2L-X (after checking elsewhere online the part# appears to match what is listed as the X123). The "max" brightness is excellent lighting our entire living room. As a tactical it fits the bill.

Optional Flashlight Settings
1) Moonlight: .3 lumens 25 days (useful if you don't want to draw attention but still read)
2) Low: 3 lumens for 5 days
3) Medium: 65 lumens for 11 hours
4) High: 160 lumens for 4 hours
5) Max: 360 lumens for 1.7 hours
6) Strobe: 360 lumens for 3.4 hours
7) SOS: 360 lumens for 6 hours
8) Beacon: 0-360 lumens pulse for 16 hours Operation
Programming the flashlight is a bit cumbersome so you really only have 2 of the modes above at any given time.

Pros
* Multiple brightness levels give you 8 options
* Brightest "Max" setting is excellent (truly blinding)
* Good size
* Black anodized aluminum body feels excellent
* IPX8 rating - water resistant/submersible to 3 meters
* Impact resistant to 1 meter
* Maximum beam distance of 119 meters (390 feet)

Cons
* Two C123 Battery, wish it was AA
* No Beam Focus

Even with the few cons, it is an excellent flashlight for the money, overall impressive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Light, May 19, 2012
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
I have EDC a Surefire E2DL for the past 3 years. I got this light as a gift for my roommate. It is noticeably smaller, both in length and diameter, as it does not bulge out at the head or tail like the E2DL does. It is basically a slightly larger diameter than a CR123 battery, 2 batteries long, with a small LED and reflector. It's a great size light, and you don't even feel it when you carry it. It feels like a 1 cell light almost, being so small. It's fantastic.

The beam and smooth, but it is more of a flood light than the E2DL, for sure. Apparently this is unavoidable, being a large LED in a small reflector. It puts out a lot of light and throw is decent, but there is lots of light "lost" in spill. This is a great general purpose light, not so great a pocket thrower.

The pocket clip is great, and easily reversible. To switch from head up to head down, you just switch the tailcap and head locations. What could be simpler?

Overall, a great light and I am quite happy with the purchase, as is my roommate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, January 31, 2012
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
All I can say is wow, I've looking for a smaller but poweful tactical flashlight and this is the one. I bit pricy but no regrets, quality, size, performance, accessories its all good. To be honest I'm not the type to write reviews but this product its amazing, the brightness of this flashlight is incredible not to mention the program to max at 360 lumnes. I'll would strongly recommend this product congrats 4Sevens.

5.0 out of 5 stars great light, January 6, 2013
michael grimm (MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
Bright, well made, nice box, and accessories. Nice controls ok instructions but it helps to go on line to understand them better.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product, December 9, 2012
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
take some getting use to but once you have it mastered you wont take it off your hip, pricey but worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Backcountry Flashlight, April 27, 2012
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
I've had a lot of flashlights fail over the years, usually the switches and contacts, and some failed when I needed them most in remote areas. Situations arise where a flashlight failure coulde even be life-threatening. There are a few brands of high quality LED lights that I'm now pretty comfortable depending upon, Coast/Lenser and Fenix, and now 4Sevens. Unfortunately I've had Mini-Maglights fail.

It would be hard to imagine a more versatile flashlight than the 4Sevens Quark X123(2).

I'd previously used a red LED beam for general use during the night when I didn't want to disturb my night vision, but the white "moonlight" mode of this flashlight seems equally useful in that it is dim enough so that it does not disturb night vision and bright enough to see things that aren't too far away.

Each of the steady beam modes, of increasing brightness, has its usefulness. I can see how in an some emergency situations the full 360 lumen beam could be very handy, but I'll mostly use the two dimmest modes for long battery life. I'll also carry a couple of spare CR123A batteries, which are very small and light.

For the wildest backcountry use, plus general household use, this is now my flashlight of choice. The lithium cells should provide good illumination and battery life even in cold weather, unlike alkaline cells.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Bright, Lots of Features, Very Low Cost, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
I feel bad for police officers when their surefire and other high end tactical flashlights that are larger and roughly 2-3x the price of this one. Several times I have used my light while theirs is illuminating an area and it looks like someone actually turned a 'real' light on.

If you feel the max light output is too much you can use the lower setting by programming it. I use the max brightness and the flashing max brightness as my 2 settings on the bezel position. Rotating the front bezel one direction gives me the steady, max brightness output and rotating it the other way gives me the max brightness flashing light.

The switch is on the back of the flashlight's tiny body, and it comes with a belt clip, as well, and a lanyard and storage pouch.

The brightness outperforms any high end tactical light I have seen so far, and for much less money.

Additionally, I know the owner of the company who designs the flashlights. He is very down to earth and listens to customer input. No large bureaucratic organization to suppress design improvements.

Very highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising bright, May 23, 2014
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
Well made, very durable little torch. Batteries seem to last quite awhile with regular use. Multiple modes are very handy and useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tactical Flashlight, May 31, 2013
This review is from: Quark "X" 123˛ Tactical (Electronics)
This is a great tactical flashlight. Light weight, adjustable light; works as advertised! I carry this with me all the time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›