5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal Light!, May 23, 2011
This review is from: 4Sevens Quark 123˛ Tactical, R5 Flashlight; Black; 230 lumens; 2xCR123A (Electronics)
Well this was a nice experience.

2-3 Days (excluding Sat/Sun, since it was standard 2 day shipping to my door. Shipped in typical folded over cardboard box that's become common. Much better packaging than the Nebo Redline light I ordered previously.

Came from the distributor in full "retail" 4Sevens packaging, including handstrap, 2x 4-7's CR123's, lanyard, pocket clip, and a case. Instruction manual, and obviously, the flashlight.

My light had a very small nick on the bezel. Absolutely not a big deal. The build quality is great, very well built light, and it's going to be a EDC WORK LIGHT. Having it replaced would be a waste of gas and shipping. Since this light has good anodizing, it's not going to chip or spread (or shouldn't!).

The box is nicely made for what it is (not quite Apple, but nicely done).

Manual is direct and to the point. I will point out, for programming the modes, they REALLY mean it when they say twist the head QUICKLY, the entire tighten-loosen cycle should take no more than a second, you need to do 4x to enter programming mode in a row, then wait for the light to flash.

This is a pretty solid feature, I can leave it on strobe (tight) and Medium (22 Lumens OTF) (loose) or whatever is suitable for work that day.

Once more I must mention of completely solid the build feels and well constructed everything is. Clipped in my front pocket, I originally thought it was going to ride a bit high, since the clip looks low, but it's just right and perfect to use to pull it out.

Light quality is very good. Smooth and even spread with a good tight center. The light is absolutely stunning on it's Max 230 Lumen OTF setting. Both it and strobe hurt the eyes mildly to see bounce off a white wall even in normal overcast daylight at close range.

Candlelight mode is quite dim, but what do you want from a mode that gives you a 30 day runtime?

Low and Medium are about what you expect, I'm currently using Medium as one of my settings. Solid good directional light.

High more than keeps up with my Pelican M6 incandescent, with whiter, smoother light.

Max is just amazingly bright. Great throw!

I'm very satisfied with my purchase, and I also did have email contact with the company beforehand with a few random questions, and they were pretty prompt, friendly and knowledgeable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Flashlight EVER, August 30, 2012
Previously I was using a more expensive, less lumen light for my business as a Home Inspector, until I saw the 4 sevens flashlight at a gun show, and was quite happy with the price. When I began using it, I was even more delighted with the beam and the brightness! I could see everything! My only complaint is that on max power, it will wash out water stains on the ceilings if pointed directly at it. I lost mine about a week ago, and had to go to my back up light, which was a surefire, and wow, I felt like I was using a candle compared to the 4 sevens brightness!
Absolutely love this light!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing EDC (every day carry) light, February 29, 2012
This is an amazing EDC light. It's powerful, versitile, solid, and light weight. I carry mine clipped to my belt. Since I carry a gun all the time my shirts are untucked and it's completely hidden. If you were to clip it into a pocket it does ride a little high.

Once you decide what your primary setting is and get it set you are ready to rock. I use the stobe function because it will disorient an attacker and give me the tactical advantage. Then the second function is the Moonlight setting. Good for navigating in the dark without killing your own night vision and fronting off your position Most of my lights have a strobe function and IMO this little bad boy has the fastest and brightest.

It's a shame 4Sevens isn't a better known name in the Law Enforcement Community. Thier products are superior to the big companies at a fracton of the cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars shazam!, February 5, 2013
although pricey when compared to streamlight, 4sevens is cheaper than surefire, and will perform with either of them. i like the feature that allows you to pick two settings. i have mine on low and high. i never need moonlight, medim low, medium high, strobe, or any of the other ridiculous ones. but they are there if you really want to annoy someone with the strobe or whatever it is you want to do. s.o.s.? really? who speaks morse code nowadays? anywho, this one has earned five stars in my book. very sweet light and it seems to have a decent battery life too. nice thing about that is that when the batteries get low, the light still works, but in low only so you can tell its time to change them.

update: after a few months of everyday use and carry i have the following observations: firstly, the holster has a hook and loop closure. while the hook side manages to attach itself to every soft shirt, jacket, blanket or seat cover in reach, it also manages to NOT attach to the loop side of the holster. therefore the flap is never closed and although i have not yet dumped the light out, the opportunity is imminently there. secondly, i have noticed that if you run the light in high mode, turn it off, twist to low mode, then turn back on, there will be the flash. awfully annoying if you are not expecting it since it is usually when you need low light and you can flash yourself momentarily blind (not just an old wives tale). thirdly, a positive! batteries last as long as or longer than my streamlight pro tac 2L, and the 47 is slightly brighter, although only noticeable when side by side.

upadate 4/18/14: i also own the "pro" version of this light and prefer it to this tactical model. the tactical model requires you to choose two modes, one for tight bezel and one for loose. the pro model allows you to choose group 1 with tight bezel, then scroll through modes by consecutive tail cap presses; or group 2 with loose bezel, then scroll through .2 lumen on up to 350 lumens, then if you like, on through the useless strobe and signal modes. but this is still a 5 star light with a 1.5 star holster.

5.0 out of 5 stars 230 Lumens more than enough, March 11, 2014
I must say compared to the sure fires i own p3x fury and p2x fury defender and r1 lawman. This quark is 10000x more EDC'able lol. Very small very well made, best $65 ive spent so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice light!!!, November 5, 2013
HOLY SMOKES!! It's like having a Q Beam in your hand!!! Awesome flashlight!! I really like the strobe feature too. Great line of back-up defense, if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sun at night? No sweating, January 28, 2013
This itty bitty one will light jp a neighborhood with the brightest white. Great for outdoors or when urgently needing the sun at night. I believe it can be attached to your defense weapon. Totally worth the $$$$$$

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, January 7, 2013
Christopher Harrell (Northville, MI United States) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my brother-in-law as a gift. He loved it! I bought the mini123 for myself, and it is also a great light. Highly recommend both 4sevens products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing device!, December 31, 2013
Just love it! Very bright and lasts a long time. Still on original batteries. Nice and light perfect for EDC or your workshop.

Rate and Discover Movies