4.0 out of 5 stars No more watching the clock
Published on December 1, 2009 by Dunning

3.0 out of 5 stars Mine was defective.
Published on August 8, 2011 by Michelle A. McDonald

4.0 out of 5 stars No more watching the clock, December 1, 2009
Dunning (United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
This little device is simple. It keeps track of how long baby sleeps, wakes, and cries. When baby is crying it has a countdown timer that helps you space out your visits to comfort and support the baby. Each day the visits are spaced a little further apart, so by the time 10 days have gone by, your baby should have learned to self-soothe, which helps her sleep longer and healthier stretches without crying. I just started using it and the only thing I don't like it the loud chiming sound when it is time to check on the baby. I wish there was a way to disable the sound or only make it chime once.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really helped us, April 18, 2011
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
My husband and I practice attachment parenting. We were cosleeping for the first 6 months of our child's life. During that time we we're sleeping horribly. My son was waking every 45 minutes to an hour every night. I felt exhausted and our son looked tired all the time. I received this sleep machine from a friend, but never thought of using it. We tried the no cry method for several weeks and it wasn't working for us. We finally decided to give this sleep trainer a try. I decided that at 6 months my son could likely go with only one feeding in the middle of the night. Before I was breastfeeding him every time he woke, so he came to expect a feeding in order to fall back asleep. The first night we used this device our son cried for about 17 min, with us checking in on him every 1,3,5 and 7 minutes. We didn't pick him up, but instead offered comforting words and touch. He fell asleep soon after and only had a few wakings throughout the night with less than 1 minute of crying. I fed him around 2am. The second night he fell asleep within the first minute we laid him down. Since then the amount he cries lessens and lessens. Last night (3days into the training) he fell asleep without crying. I think parents have to be ready for this to work and their child needs to be age appropriate. 4 months does seem young to start sleep training. At 6 months our son seemed more than ready! The key to this working is to have a calm 1 hour nighttime routine that takes place an hour before bed, one that your child can predict. We all feel more rested!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes!!!!!!, February 13, 2012
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
Excelent choice!!! The best thing ever! Now we sleep all the night! The second night it works and my child is happier during the day. I recommend this device 100%

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!, January 13, 2012
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
So thankful for this tool to help me train my baby to self soothe. I actually created my own problem by letting my baby nurse to sleep for 12 1/2 months. She is my last baby, so I savored every moment of bonding through nursing with her, but in the last 2 months, she got to the point that she would only go to sleep nursing & would only sleep if she could touch me. Talk about some sleepless nights!! Thanks so much to 4moms for this tool. It just helped me schedule her & eased my anxiety as she cried it out. We are self-soothing and sleeping through the night after only3 nights!! WOOO HOOO!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really helps with sleep training, November 10, 2011
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
I have read tons of books on sleep training, but this product helps put it into motion. I love the count down timer for when the baby is CIO. I also love that it helps keep track of her sleep times. Overall, I would definitely recommend to a friend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great trainer for the mom, and baby too, March 1, 2014
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
This was a great trainer to help mom let the baby sooth themselves. It also provided some great data as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth its weight in gold!!!, July 12, 2012
Busy Mom 19 (North Carolina) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
Finally, my 8 month old baby is sleeping through the night which has put him on track to have a regular daytime routine including a daytime nap, he is eating better, he's happier, less fussy, and the added benefit that Daddy and I are getting more sleep now is priceless! One of the best purchases I have EVER made! Very easy to use, saw huge improvement by the 3rd night, he was sleeping through the night by the 5th night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use...faster than the books!, January 21, 2009
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
This is so easy to use! Of course, YOU train your baby to sleep, but this little tool keeps track of all of the information for you so that you can see your baby's sleep patterns. At 2:00AM it seemed like my baby was crying for 10 minutes...with the sleep trainer, I would have known it was only a minute and a half :-). There are many books about sleep training, but I was so sleep deprived with my first baby that I couldn't stay awake when I started reading them. This is just a few buttons. Anyone can use it...mom, dad, grandparents, babysitters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and so convenient!, February 2, 2009
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
I have always felt that when my child was ready to learn to sleep through the night that I would use the cry-it-out method. It's what my pediatrician recommended so I knew it was a safe and certain way to go. My first attempt was not very successful. After a few days of trying to keep track of what my daughters habits where, in my sleep deprived state, I found that I had to constantly reference the book and jot down notes to keep track of things. What a mess! With the Goodnight Sleep Trainer all I had to do was push a button and everything was right in front of me. And seeing my daughters sleep patterns laid out in a simple graph on the sleep trainer website was fantastic. I could see her getting more sleep and was assured that what I was doing was working. And her getting more sleep meant I was able to get more sleep which made our time together even more enjoyable. I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking to apply the cry-it-out method it's a great product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Mine was defective., August 8, 2011
Michelle A. McDonald (Arroyo Grande, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray (Baby Product)
I absolutely love this concept. I've used the sleep training concepts in The Sleepeasy Solution (GREAT BOOK. SWEAR BY IT.) but I was never very thrilled at the thought of having to take notes in the dark. This little gadget allows you to track your baby's sleep patterns without having to fumble around for your pen and paper in the middle of the night. Alas, mine arrived defective. The super nice lady at the 4moms company sent me out a new product in a few days but by that time we had already finished sleep training! (I couldn't wait any longer. I was literally a zombie mommy at this point.) I'll be returning this for a refund, but I would still recommend this to my friends.

4moms Goodnight Sleep Trainer - Gray