Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on April 18, 2011
My husband and I practice attachment parenting. We were cosleeping for the first 6 months of our child's life. During that time we we're sleeping horribly. My son was waking every 45 minutes to an hour every night. I felt exhausted and our son looked tired all the time. I received this sleep machine from a friend, but never thought of using it. We tried the no cry method for several weeks and it wasn't working for us. We finally decided to give this sleep trainer a try. I decided that at 6 months my son could likely go with only one feeding in the middle of the night. Before I was breastfeeding him every time he woke, so he came to expect a feeding in order to fall back asleep. The first night we used this device our son cried for about 17 min, with us checking in on him every 1,3,5 and 7 minutes. We didn't pick him up, but instead offered comforting words and touch. He fell asleep soon after and only had a few wakings throughout the night with less than 1 minute of crying. I fed him around 2am. The second night he fell asleep within the first minute we laid him down. Since then the amount he cries lessens and lessens. Last night (3days into the training) he fell asleep without crying. I think parents have to be ready for this to work and their child needs to be age appropriate. 4 months does seem young to start sleep training. At 6 months our son seemed more than ready! The key to this working is to have a calm 1 hour nighttime routine that takes place an hour before bed, one that your child can predict. We all feel more rested!
on December 1, 2009
This little device is simple. It keeps track of how long baby sleeps, wakes, and cries. When baby is crying it has a countdown timer that helps you space out your visits to comfort and support the baby. Each day the visits are spaced a little further apart, so by the time 10 days have gone by, your baby should have learned to self-soothe, which helps her sleep longer and healthier stretches without crying. I just started using it and the only thing I don't like it the loud chiming sound when it is time to check on the baby. I wish there was a way to disable the sound or only make it chime once.
on January 13, 2012
So thankful for this tool to help me train my baby to self soothe. I actually created my own problem by letting my baby nurse to sleep for 12 1/2 months. She is my last baby, so I savored every moment of bonding through nursing with her, but in the last 2 months, she got to the point that she would only go to sleep nursing & would only sleep if she could touch me. Talk about some sleepless nights!! Thanks so much to 4moms for this tool. It just helped me schedule her & eased my anxiety as she cried it out. We are self-soothing and sleeping through the night after only3 nights!! WOOO HOOO!!
on November 30, 2015
Changed our lives! My 16 month old was still waking 2 - 3 times a night to nurse and, pregnant with our second, I was exhausted. The bone tired exhausting you get from not having had a single full nights sleep since birth. I bought this little miracle and by the 3rd night he was sleeping for 7 hours without needing a night feed. (Side note - he ended up being diagnosed with sleep apnea and had a tonsilectomy/adnoidectomy at 20 months. I didn't know THAT was why he wasn't sleeping through the night at an earlier age.) But this gem, honestly, changed our lives. I personally think its for those in the 9+ month bracket who are grasping at straws and in need of rest.
on February 13, 2012
Excelent choice!!! The best thing ever! Now we sleep all the night! The second night it works and my child is happier during the day. I recommend this device 100%
on November 10, 2011
I have read tons of books on sleep training, but this product helps put it into motion. I love the count down timer for when the baby is CIO. I also love that it helps keep track of her sleep times. Overall, I would definitely recommend to a friend.
on July 12, 2012
Finally, my 8 month old baby is sleeping through the night which has put him on track to have a regular daytime routine including a daytime nap, he is eating better, he's happier, less fussy, and the added benefit that Daddy and I are getting more sleep now is priceless! One of the best purchases I have EVER made! Very easy to use, saw huge improvement by the 3rd night, he was sleeping through the night by the 5th night.
on August 8, 2011
I absolutely love this concept. I've used the sleep training concepts in The Sleepeasy Solution (GREAT BOOK. SWEAR BY IT.) but I was never very thrilled at the thought of having to take notes in the dark. This little gadget allows you to track your baby's sleep patterns without having to fumble around for your pen and paper in the middle of the night. Alas, mine arrived defective. The super nice lady at the 4moms company sent me out a new product in a few days but by that time we had already finished sleep training! (I couldn't wait any longer. I was literally a zombie mommy at this point.) I'll be returning this for a refund, but I would still recommend this to my friends.
on January 21, 2009
This is so easy to use! Of course, YOU train your baby to sleep, but this little tool keeps track of all of the information for you so that you can see your baby's sleep patterns. At 2:00AM it seemed like my baby was crying for 10 minutes...with the sleep trainer, I would have known it was only a minute and a half :-). There are many books about sleep training, but I was so sleep deprived with my first baby that I couldn't stay awake when I started reading them. This is just a few buttons. Anyone can use it...mom, dad, grandparents, babysitters.
on March 1, 2014
This was a great trainer to help mom let the baby sooth themselves. It also provided some great data as well.

See 1 answered question