Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 4pc Medium Size / MEDICAL ALERT - FIRST AID container PILL CASE Set - Key Chain - Water Resistant
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 22, 2009
These are very nice, well constructed pill carriers. The Medium size is good for a moderate number of pills. It will fit about 8-10 round aspirin-type pills, or about 4-5 gel caps, as there is an inner plastic lining which takes up some of the interior space. Large vitamin pills need to be put in along the long axis, to allow space for other pills. I'm using one to carry a few Advil gel-caps in my purse, as the little containers are shatterproof, and seal well (no more picking purse fuzz off your Advil when you've got a headache). The screw-tops make a bit of metal-on-metal noise, and if not lined up correctly, can give you a moment of that nails-on-blackboard sound, but after the first few uses, this seemed to dissipate. I may try a touch of wax or even mineral oil (it doesn't break down) on the one I use most frequently. I assume they're anodized aluminum, as they're very light weight, and the colors are nice and vibrant. My only wish is that they had a few other colors. I expect them to wear well, as they are very sturdy and nicely made.
33 comments|54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2011
delivery was timely and well packaged, but I was surprised at how large theywere for a "medium size" it easily fits nickels. I would have preffered a more discreet size, but it is strudy, easy to open and close.
VINE VOICEon July 4, 2012
There are three sizes to these things plus from what I see from other reviews everyone seems to get something different.

Originally these were $12 so I just stuck them on my list until they went to $5 but they came without a liner another reviewer said they got. I don't know if the paint comes off of these things but I still wrap any pills in plastic wrap first.

And what you receive may be different from the advertised description or picture. I have all three and this is what I got:

Small - mine came with a liner. The liner diameter is just smaller than a #2 pencil. Without the liner it is about a #2 pencil and a half.

Medium - no liner but a penny just fits (may not get it out if you push it all the way in).

Large - no liner. A quarter fits easily.

Occassionally they can make a slight "finger nails on the chalkboard" sound when screwing on the lid. But it does fit well and the O ring should prevent moisture from getting in although I wouldn't take them in the bath with me. They look good too, much better then those orange containers the pills come in...

Even without the liner they work and overall the quality is great. I have had a few for about a year and I haven't noticed any paint coming off yet but I wrap my pills.
on October 20, 2008
These things are much better than your average pill container. I've always had problems with pill containers opening in my pocket. These don't and they never get lost because you can attach them to your key chain. Very good idea.
on December 25, 2013
It's just one of those things you never think to buy, but then end up using it all the time. These are great quality. The threads work smoothly and don't get stuck. The largest pills I carry regularly are 200mg ibuprofen gels. This fits 8 of them comfortably. That may not sound like a lot, but there's still air space between them for little pills like Benadryl.
review image review image
on June 21, 2011
These things are great for carrying important medication on the go, I've been using them for months now and still going strong
review image review image
on April 29, 2010
I suffered a heart-attack last year 2009, and was given alot of pills to carry to take at my lunch times, saw this and gave it a try, I travel alot, and this little vile fits perfectly in my pants, and I can carry all my necessary pills plus large mulitvitamin.
Highly recommend this for those using zip lock baggies.
on September 13, 2011
I ordered these items to replace having to carry plastic baggies w/me to carry a multivitamin, 2 Tums, a chewable fiber pill, and maybe a potassium supplement/a Tylenol or two. I'm not sure what I expected, but the items I reieved were much smaller than I had pictured. Previous reviews bragged about having so much space (I believe someone said there was enough space for 5 gel-caps or even 17-18 aspirin--and mentioned the inside fit a Nickel. The batch I received had an *exterior* diameter of a Nickel and the plastic interior took up even more precious room. After removing the interior plastic...the interior *will* hold something the diameter of a standard Tums (which is fine), but then only 1 vitamin and maybe a gel cap or two. I was hoping for something slightly larger that I could put all of my daily pills/supplements into--not just some.
on June 18, 2015
I'm really not sure how to rate these. Reading all the reviews I thought these had the plastic liners (but it must have been in the small ones). I actually wanted those liners to protect my medications while traveling. I only gave it 2 stars because now I'm going to have to find some kind of food grade sealant before I will be able to use them as I don't want my medications contaminated by metal/paint flaking.
on October 2, 2012
These are simply small aluminum bottles. They are water tight and should float if dropped in the water (provided you haven't first filled them with sand or lead pellets ;).

They don't hold much and they don't do anything that a small plastic pill bottle from the pharmacy won't do except that they are sturdier, if you need that, and they can float. Although I'd attach a float if I was going to take them on a boat -- if the o-ring gest nicked or the cap is slightly loose, it might slowly leak.

The container internal volume is 1 1/4" x 5/8" or about 0.38 cubic inches. If that's not meaningful, it will hold a stack of about 25 dimes or six standard size gelatin capsules.

Note that amazon might show the product from one vendor one day and another the next even if you click on the same link. Also, vendors might substitute with stock on hand. So the product you get might not be exactly what's pictured. Also expect a wait as these ship by mail from as far away as China.