5.0

4.0 out of 5 stars Way better than Brass Knuckles
Published on November 28, 2010 by Enlightened

3.0 out of 5 stars Im a big fan of Nelly but....
This cd is a perfect example of what Hip Hop has come to nowdays, when you got Hip Hop icons like Nelly not bringing the hits anymore. The only song I like on here is Just a Dream but besides that this cd kinda sucked. Hip Hop hasnt been the same since the early 2000s.
Published 16 months ago by Alex777

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Way better than Brass Knuckles, November 28, 2010
This review is from: 5.0 (Audio CD)
Nelly releases his 5th studio album and is a return to the usual good music that he delivers. After his last album, I was the main one calling for his retirement simply because of how unbelievably bad the album was. Luckily, Nelly got back in the studio and was able to refocus for this effort. While, Nelly has never been much of a lyricist he did excel in the harmonizing and melody driven records that seem to be the norm these days most notably done by Drake & Kid Cudi. However, Nelly shows on 5.0 that he still has some tricks up his sleeve.

One such instance is Long Gone ft. Chris Brown & Plies. When I first heard this song I thought it was wack. But then I started jamming to it and it's one of those feel good grooves that's catchy but not corny or lame. Polow Da Don delivers a smooth beat that's worthy of any summer jam, pool party or sunny day cruising. T.I. nearly steals the album on She's So Fly in which he rides the beat so effortlessly as only an elite rapper like himself can do. If there were any doubts or any whispers about T.I. falling off then they should be immediately silenced after that verse. In all its pop glory, Just A Dream is actually a pretty good song.

On 5.0, basically Nelly stays in his lane. When he first came out his content really contrasted his style (he was like a melodic gangster on Country Grammar and subsequent albums had a fair balance) and now after all the money and Apple Bottoms he's more focused on having fun and women which there's absolutely nothing wrong with. I'm just glad he stuck to hip hop instead of going the Flo-Rida route. Anyway if you like Nelly then you can't really go wrong with this album. That's not a blank recommendation either since this is the time of the year when it seems like every major artist drops an album (and most on the same day). So pick it up if you like Nelly's vibe. 3.5 stars.

*make sure to get the edition with the bonus tracks*

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome back Nelly, November 30, 2010
Just love Nelly, glad to see him back and hope he continues to make music. This is a good CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars He's full growed now!, November 23, 2010
Nelly has always had the best pipes of the thugamagicians of the last 10 years in this business. From his beginnings he has always been able to do more with the music than his digitally sampled rivals. While he's been quiet recently, and in the bargain CD category for the last few years, he's not been in prison or re-hab. He's now trying an "adult" push, with well crafted production, and his still formidable stage/video presence have produced the perfect holiday re-launch CD album.

3.0 out of 5 stars Im a big fan of Nelly but...., September 10, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, May 5, 2013
This review is from: 5.0 (Audio CD)
this cd is totally awesome, I can listen to this all day everyday. all the songs on this cd are awesome

4.0 out of 5 stars Missed Nelly!, November 28, 2010
I'm a big Nelly fan - I actually loved Brass Knuckles. 5.0 does have a few tracks I'm not crazy about - I mean "Just A Dream" sounds like Usher should have done it, not Nelly. But it is what is hot right now, and I can't blame a man for needing to make some $$$. Tippin' In Da Club is probably one of my favorite tracks - and sadly it was not released on the album! From what I understand it was an album promo. I don't understand for the LIFE of me why it was then not released on the album! Nor can you download it as a single - anywhere! But all that aside, there are some good "Nelly" tracks on 5.0. I just hope he doesn't disappear for years again before his next release - and HOPEFULLY it will have more dance tracks!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nelly, July 7, 2013
This review is from: 5.0 (Audio CD)
As always, I have no complaints. All my purchases from Amazon have met or exceeded my expectations. I shop thru Amazon, more then anyplace else.
Thanks. Justice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift, June 2, 2013
This review is from: 5.0 (Audio CD)
I ordered this cd as a gift for my mom. She was so excited. She said she only knew a few of the songs on the cd when I bought it for her and has now grown to really like most of the tracks.

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, April 17, 2013
This review is from: 5.0 (Audio CD)
i enjoy the cd has great music and i enjoy adding it into my music collection. higly recomend the cd

3.0 out of 5 stars Just ok for Nelly, March 26, 2013
This review is from: 5.0 (Audio CD)
I much prefer both Country Grammar and Nellyville over this CD. I do love the one song "It was only just a dream" But the CD overall doesn't seem like classic Nelly.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0
5.0 by Nelly (Audio CD - 2010)