5.0 out of 5 stars Great Patrol Bag
Published on September 28, 2011 by Polcha

3.0 out of 5 stars Well made bag with a major design flaw
Great daily use/service/range bag that is well constructed with plenty of pockets. However...

The pockets and pen holder sewn into the lid are upside down when the the lid is in the open position. This renders those pockets pretty much useless unless you always have a wall to prop the lid against. If this had been put together "correctly" then this bag would...
Published 8 months ago by jdk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Patrol Bag, September 28, 2011
I use this bag every day on patrol. Everything fits in it: flashlight, gloves, manuals, rain jacket, traffic vest, clip boards, supplies, lunch... etc. What I am trying to say is that there is plenty of room in the bag. It is made of durable material that has held up for months so far without any sign of wear. The inside has nice dividers (held in place by velcro) that stay in place if you pack everything correctly.

I really do not have anything negative to say about this bag. The velcro straps (on the back of the bag), I have found to be kind of useless, but I use them for my zip tie handcuffs.

If you are looking for a patrol bag or for just a heavy duty bag for any other type of job, this is it. Excellent quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars One tough bag., February 26, 2012
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical Patrol Ready
I'm over a year now owning this bag. Im a driller on an oil rig. This bag gets used big time, I'm talking hard use and for the money I have yet to find it's equal. Maxpedition makes a similar bag for 200.00. Great bag but I.M.O not affordable. The only reason I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is because it's not make in the U.S.A.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely Satisfied!, January 4, 2014
As a Deputy Sheriff, working 12hr shifts, it was difficult finding a duty bag that could hold everything I need. I noticed a lot of my fellow deputies owned this particular bag. Most of my gear is 5.11, so I am familiar with the quality of the product. I found the bag on Amazon for an amazing price and had doubts that it would be in a flawless, new condition. But boy was I surprised!!!! The bag came with all the manufacturers labels still attached and packaged in protected plastic. I am completely satisfied with my purchase and am already attached to my new bag. It is large enough for all my gear with room to spare. Great product!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Range Bag, May 6, 2011
I'm using the Patrol Ready Bag as a range bag and it works just fine. These are the items I am able to carry in it:
2 Glock Pistols in their Glock boxes, 1 Ruger Mark 1 in a pistol rug, various paper targets, 4 pairs eye protection (stored in the waterbottle pouches), 4 pairs hearing protection, 3 smaller sized tupperware type containers for various caliber ammo,staple gun, 2 rolls of tape (duct and packing), baggie of disposable ear plugs, 3 extra Glock magazines, 1 extended Glock magazine, and clamp on bipod. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but the point is that I usually going shooting with the family so I need to pack extra gear and this bag does that admirably. I was using a gym bag before and it felt flimsy compared to this bag. The material is heavy duty and the zippers are sturdy. As a patrol bag, this should work fantastic. As a range bag, I think this is excellent as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag., January 25, 2013
I know the dimensions were posted for this bag; however, it's much larger than I anticipated. I thought it would be too small. It's perfect. Really deep. Sturdy. Stands on it's own.

The water bottle holders fit 1 liter poland spring bottles completely. The side pockets are alright. Small, but good for holding things like screwdrivers and tools. I haven't found a use for the front outer pocket. It's a bit tight. Maybe some folded documents.

The maglite holder is useless. It will fit on a 4D+ maglite which is fine; but, it won't hold it secure and it slips out from the back end and hangs.

The pockets and pen holders on the inside of the flap are great. I have pens, phone charger, batteries for flashlight, and medicine in this part.

The larger interior pocket is great. Very deep and wide enough to fit a Cold Steel Trench Hawk in. (Or SOG Tactical Hawk). Right now with the dividers I have a Trench hawk, Gerber LMF 2 in the longer section. 4 boxes of 9mm (50rnd) ammo in the smaller section. A change of clothes and a box of (200) nitrile gloves.

There is plenty of room for more stuff. I purchased this bag as a "go bag" for my car for everyday. Still have to fill it with more stuff like medical supplies, etc.

The construction of this bag is great. I'm really liking the 5.11 brand. (I haven't tried their boots; but seeing them on other people after use and hearing them complain about comfort I doubt I'll be switching from bates any time soon.)

The only complaint I have is the divider on the inside is a bit hard to attach properly. It's great that it can be removed but it's a little tricky getting the velcro seated perfect. Not really an issue just anal about it.

Perfect size to hold a lot of gear and still fits perfectly on a front seat. Highly recommend this bag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super spacious, questionable quality, March 16, 2013
Ok, I have had this thing for almost a year now. It is still here, so my quality issues are somewhat mute, but still important. I keep my bag pretty weighed down between all of the mumbo jumbo paperwork, policy handbooks, and state/municipal code books as well as my college books for when there is downtime. There are places for water bottles, end caps for random things like bug spray or sunscreen and various pouches for all the extra crap a cop might drag around. If I put anything else in here I would be out on medical leave for my back.

The only reason a 4 instead of a 5 is because within a few weeks of getting it there was slight tearing on one of the seams on the lid. Nothing else since then, and the strap has held up to all the weight I have in it. Just was a little surprised how fast it tore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Bag!, January 22, 2013
I got this for the use of a SAR(Search And Rescue) team. I am the owner of a K-9 and i can fit all of our things in this and it has a great frame so it doesn't "deflate" if its not jammed packed. One thing i already noticed is the fur... I love this bag for the fact that i can almost just brush the fur off. I couldn't be any happier wit this product as of having it for 2 days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Patrol Bag, December 18, 2010
This is a great bag for police officers or anyone else who keeps equipment in their vehicle. Seems to be durable, I have had it holding various equipment and paperwork in my patrol car for about a year now and rummage through it everyday that I work. I have a take-home, but it would be great for cops that use fleet cars and have to move their stuff from car to car daily. Plenty of room for the essentials. Worth the $50 in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Patrol Bag, October 19, 2012
Too many pockets to count on this bag. I previously used a larger duffle bag for my patrol duties but this bag is perfect and compact enough to be placed in the passenger seat but large enough to hold a change in uniform, traffic gear, misc patrol items and it even has a nice velcro attachment at the top for a large mag light. this is a great patrol bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5.11 Patrol Ready Bag, August 7, 2012
Bag is well built. I use it every day for patrol. Has enough compartments to store everything in an orderly manner. The inside divider keeps the bag rigid so you don't need to dig around for stuff. The size is perfect. It is not too large and so far the straps have not given out with the bag fully loaded. The bag also makes a great range bag as well.

5.11 Tactical Patrol Ready