Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Price:$15.09 - $51.73

on November 27, 2010
It wasn't until I received the product that I was able to find out what the exact sizes available are. They're listed on the tag, and are as follows:

S 28-30"; M 32-34"; L 36-38"; XL 40-42"; 2XL 44-46"; 3XL 48-50"; 4XL 52-54".

I bought a size too big, so I'll do what another reviewer suggested -- cut off the excess and burn the end with a lighter. As for the quality, it appears to be rugged. I also bought a few 5.11 pouches to attach to the belt, so it is something you can build upon.
1414 comments| 1,018 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2013
I ordered 3XL first and felt it was to long, then ordered 2XL and was just right. As stated in the title, I measured both 3XL @ 57.5 inches long and 2XL @ 53.5 inches long. I was looking for a belt that was not heavy and always like "webbed" belts but the teeth in the buckle would eventually mess them up over time. These 5.11's feel great, sturdy but extremely light compared to my leather belt with heavy buckle. I'm wearing these now with my Nike Golf Cargo Dri-Fit Shorts (super light material) and this belt just goes so well and again, it's light. =_)

For everyone's convince, I also took a photo of both measurements. If this review and my 2 photos help you out, please rate this quick review as helpful with 'Yes' along with 'Yes' for my pictures under 'Like it'.
review image review image
22 comments| 242 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 25, 2010
Having owned several "travel" belts, this is my new favorite. It doesn't sport any spiffy features ... no hidden money compartment or anything like that. It does one and one thing only ... it's a belt. Having said that, though, this belt has three features that all the others do not:

1) Extremely Sturdy Plastic Buckle: A plastic buckle means you're breezing through the airport metal detectors without having to take it off. Usually, plastic buckles leave something to be desired, but this one is great. It's a tension buckle, so you thread the belt through -- you get the gist by looking at the picture I'm sure. I find this much better than the "fold-over" style of buckle that vendors like Eagle Creek use because it tends to wear out pretty quickly. This belt has a sturdy plastic buckle with no moving parts and, hence, nothing to wear out.

2) Doubles as a Compression Strap: If you find yourself needing to secure some piece of gear on the move, no problem. This belt would work perfectly (and has) as a makeshift compression strap, clothesline, etc. Normal belts with teeth or cheap plastic buckles leave you worried that your gear will come loose, but not this belt. It's not going anywhere.

3) 1.5 Inch Nylon Belt: I saved this for last, but it's soooo important. Most nylon travel belts on the market have a 1-inch nylon belt. In my experience, that's not wide enough. Things that you clip to your belt (like your cell phone) tend to rattle around and thin belts tend to slide around in the belt-loops. You end up looking and feeling silly. A 1.5-inch belt solves ALL of those problems. Gear stays put and it feels like a real belt.

My only quibble with this belt is that it tends to come a bit longer than you'd expect for the size you ordered. Of course, that's better than being too short. If you're on the small size of a size range, though, you might want to consider getting one size smaller. Otherwise, the belt is Nylon, so you can just cut off the excess length and burn the end with a lighter to keep it from fraying.
11 comment| 249 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2011
I basically wanted a tactical belt, similar to the one I had in the Army for mountain biking. This belt is better than the Army issue one. It seems stiff, and rugged.
Sizing: order carefully; I wear a size 34W in pants, and I opted for the Medium belt and it is ok, but there wasn't much overlap to spare.
on December 12, 2014
Seems like a great belt but - Maybe its me but when you buckle this thiing it sticks out from your body really far.
review image
55 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2015
Love it, I wear it everyday with my Tru-Spec pant. Merica!
review image
on May 7, 2015
I've had and worn this belt almost 2 months. I'm an overweight trucker and this belt has been solid so far. You look at my other belts and can see where the weak spots are. At this point I'll not buy any other belt.
review image review image
on November 28, 2009
This belt is awesome because it's relatively inexpensive, virtually indestructible and LIGHTWEIGHT. Fellow FF's are always sporting these large heavy metal buckles. Looks like they are about to repel off a mountain. Silly looking. This simple high density plastic buckle does not pull my pants down, looks sharp and is easy to clean. Excellent product.
on July 28, 2010
Good product for the money - the stiffened lead of the belt makes threading through the buckle easy.
The width fits most shorts, jeans, pants, etc. The extra width and strength from the ballistic nylon is a plus if carrying a belt sheath or other gear on your belt.

I wear mine almost every day and it has proven comfortable and well-designed.

The belt is not overly-tactical looking, so can be worn with casual clothes out and about town, but rugged enough to wear with a pair of hard-use pants or shorts in the woods or adventuring.
on April 23, 2012
Not the typical ACU Belt that im used to, but the vertical tension is enough to hold up a compact pistol and a magazine along with a pair of decently well fitting pants. I was worried at first but after testing the vertical tension i feel it will be adequate for what i need. if you want something more sturdy though, go for the double-duty as its dual thickness.