Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 2, 2013
I wear a medium, in most shirt even other 5.11 tactical shirts, this is cut like a huge box easily the Medium is the size of a XL. I like the material but the cut is way too big. I'll send it back and shoot for the XS to fit like a medium. I know the fit is different in their pants depending on where they were made, vietnam and cambodia fit way different. My other 5.11 tac shirt is made in bangladesh this one indonesia ...so outsourcing isn't working 5.11 for consistency in sizing.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 7, 2012
I really like this shirt. It is well made, durable, feels great, and looks cool. As with most 5.11 merchandise, it is a bit on the pricey side. A similar shirt made by Propper goes for cheaper. However, it is a good shirt.
on March 22, 2013
You pay for what you get, quality cost more.
The attention to detail, and the quality of this shirt is very high, cost vs value.
In this case, for me, the value exceeded the cost.

The collar stays, the numerous pockets, the hidden document pocket, etc.. very well done.

One review took away points for style, because "looked like you were off to go fishing" where beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I like the cross of tech geek, outdoorsy look, the shirt even looks "tough"

I gave this a 5, and I don't usually give 5's,because it totally met my expectations for a very high quality, well made shirt that is going to serve me extremely well here in the Arizona heat, the mesh in the shoulders, the breathable back, are exactly what I was looking for.

I ordered the classic white to start with, and very, very happy with it.

Sizing, I ordered a large, and in looking at it, before I put it on, I thought it was going to be huge, but after slipping it on, it's good, I have a very fit physique, so it is a little large around the waist, but not too bad. If you right on fence between Med / Large, I would go medium, and believe I might order Med when I get another color.

Bottom line = FIVE (5) Great shirt from 5.11, everything I have ordered from them has met, or exceeded my expectation, of course you pay more, as you should.

Update > Lost a few more pounds, I'm 6ft 195 now, and this shirt is just too big, going to order another, but in Medium size, very unusual.
on January 23, 2015
Outstanding. Looks good and the teflon coating worked as advertised. Red wine beads and rolls off. It even stayed remarkably clean after crawling through a cave and crevasse. The sizes do run a little large. I'm 6'1", 220 and a Large fit perfectly. It is a little sheer, so people will notice if you have stuff in the pockets. Recommend a white t-shirt, that makes is big difference. You might get noticed. I was coming back from a couple weeks of hiking in Peru and was in the DFW airport train and some older gent asked if I was a "contractor". I'm a Government guy but this question comes up a lot because I work with contractors and we always need to keep track of who's who. I asked why he asked, and he responded, "Well, you're wearing the uniform." And I was in 5.11 shirt and pants, with hiking boots and a pretty dirty Tenba daypack.
review image
on April 28, 2013
As a big guy (6'1 270 lbs) I normally wear a XXL but after reading other reviews and trying on a different colored one in a store I knew that I should order a size smaller than expected. I did and I'm happy with how it looks, fits, and feels. But take that with a grain of salt because manufacturers are subject to changing without notice.
on November 18, 2012
Nice shirt, the pockets are well done and double stitched.

The fabric is ripstop, but you have to look closely to see it.

The Description stated that a free "Card Wallet" was included, but did not ship with the item.

I use it both as a regular shirt and light jacket.
on May 21, 2013
just got this the other day and immediately you can tell its very well made. i had ordered a medium and it definitely runs a little large i have to say but not too large where its completely the wrong size. you definitely can wear something underneath perhaps a vest or so forth depending on youre occupation. i really do like this shirt though, very nice quality and the white is very nice.
on July 24, 2013
Lucked into one of these shirts when I was looking for an "Indiana Jones" style shirt to complete a halloween costume. After purchasing one in Khaki, I had to get one in every color. The large "map" pockets on fit an iPad that is not in a case for easy carry an access during the day. I can't recommend this product highly enough!
on April 27, 2014
This shirt has met and exceeded all my expectations! I like the pockets and pen holders, which also double as small tool/flashlight holders. The material washes well and in a rain shower, it sheds water drops which surprised me. I hope the velcro pocket closures last, as I open and close the pockets many times a day.
on May 28, 2013
I ordered this shirt because of its quality, the amount of pockets it has, and because the fabric is nice and cool to wear during hot summer days. Nonetheless, I was very disappointed when I received it because it was too big. I normally wear a size L and this shirt fit like an XL. I ordered from out of the country, so now I will have to sell it locally. Otherwise, I would have given it 5 out of 5 stars.