Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 5.11 Tactical #71175 TacLite Pro Short Sleeve Shirt (Black, X-Large)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: X-Large|Color: Black|Change

on January 23, 2015
Outstanding. Looks good and the teflon coating worked as advertised. Red wine beads and rolls off. It even stayed remarkably clean after crawling through a cave and crevasse. The sizes do run a little large. I'm 6'1", 220 and a Large fit perfectly. It is a little sheer, so people will notice if you have stuff in the pockets. Recommend a white t-shirt, that makes is big difference. You might get noticed. I was coming back from a couple weeks of hiking in Peru and was in the DFW airport train and some older gent asked if I was a "contractor". I'm a Government guy but this question comes up a lot because I work with contractors and we always need to keep track of who's who. I asked why he asked, and he responded, "Well, you're wearing the uniform." And I was in 5.11 shirt and pants, with hiking boots and a pretty dirty Tenba daypack.
review image
on October 2, 2013
I wear a medium, in most shirt even other 5.11 tactical shirts, this is cut like a huge box easily the Medium is the size of a XL. I like the material but the cut is way too big. I'll send it back and shoot for the XS to fit like a medium. I know the fit is different in their pants depending on where they were made, vietnam and cambodia fit way different. My other 5.11 tac shirt is made in bangladesh this one indonesia ...so outsourcing isn't working 5.11 for consistency in sizing.
on December 7, 2012
I really like this shirt. It is well made, durable, feels great, and looks cool. As with most 5.11 merchandise, it is a bit on the pricey side. A similar shirt made by Propper goes for cheaper. However, it is a good shirt.
on March 22, 2013
You pay for what you get, quality cost more.
The attention to detail, and the quality of this shirt is very high, cost vs value.
In this case, for me, the value exceeded the cost.

The collar stays, the numerous pockets, the hidden document pocket, etc.. very well done.

One review took away points for style, because "looked like you were off to go fishing" where beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I like the cross of tech geek, outdoorsy look, the shirt even looks "tough"

I gave this a 5, and I don't usually give 5's,because it totally met my expectations for a very high quality, well made shirt that is going to serve me extremely well here in the Arizona heat, the mesh in the shoulders, the breathable back, are exactly what I was looking for.

I ordered the classic white to start with, and very, very happy with it.

Sizing, I ordered a large, and in looking at it, before I put it on, I thought it was going to be huge, but after slipping it on, it's good, I have a very fit physique, so it is a little large around the waist, but not too bad. If you right on fence between Med / Large, I would go medium, and believe I might order Med when I get another color.

Bottom line = FIVE (5) Great shirt from 5.11, everything I have ordered from them has met, or exceeded my expectation, of course you pay more, as you should.

Update > Lost a few more pounds, I'm 6ft 195 now, and this shirt is just too big, going to order another, but in Medium size, very unusual.
on May 21, 2013
just got this the other day and immediately you can tell its very well made. i had ordered a medium and it definitely runs a little large i have to say but not too large where its completely the wrong size. you definitely can wear something underneath perhaps a vest or so forth depending on youre occupation. i really do like this shirt though, very nice quality and the white is very nice.
on November 18, 2012
Nice shirt, the pockets are well done and double stitched.

The fabric is ripstop, but you have to look closely to see it.

The Description stated that a free "Card Wallet" was included, but did not ship with the item.

I use it both as a regular shirt and light jacket.
on March 4, 2015
Wish they still made tall's, I got a 2xl its baggy and comes untucked all the time. Now I'm not a little guy 6'5" 290 but xlt is may size had one from a few years ago and it was great. I really wanted long sleeve but no chance of that every fitting.
on April 27, 2014
This shirt has met and exceeded all my expectations! I like the pockets and pen holders, which also double as small tool/flashlight holders. The material washes well and in a rain shower, it sheds water drops which surprised me. I hope the velcro pocket closures last, as I open and close the pockets many times a day.
on July 24, 2013
Lucked into one of these shirts when I was looking for an "Indiana Jones" style shirt to complete a halloween costume. After purchasing one in Khaki, I had to get one in every color. The large "map" pockets on fit an iPad that is not in a case for easy carry an access during the day. I can't recommend this product highly enough!
on March 5, 2014
I have a few of these for casual work and travel wear. They're smart enough for work (west coast business casual), while being tough, fairly stain resistant, etc. They seem to breath well and have good pockets without being obvious about it. (The chest pockets are great for holding passports, airline tickets, etc). They don't shrink in the wash, and they're easy to iron.

I don't think you have to buy into the "tactical" applications of this stuff to find value.

Note on sizing... I think it runs large. I usually wear an XXL T-Shirt, and an XL shirt fits just fine.