4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, comfortable, but a bit on the frumpy side.
Typically I'll wear out a pair of EMS pants in around a year. I've been wearing these 5.11s for about two years and they've held up quite well.

Published on December 29, 2011 by Mr. H

3.0 out of 5 stars run small
they ran a little small and I had to send them back to the manufacturer for replacement. I would recommend these for anyone on the job though.
Published 16 months ago by Brian

4.0 out of 5 stars Durable, comfortable, but a bit on the frumpy side., December 29, 2011
Mr. H (Middle of America) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5.11 #74363 Men's TacLite EMS Pants (Dark Navy) (Sports)

I like the dual utility pockets. If you carry supplies on the leg, like a scissor or pens, you can put it either right or left side. Few pants have scissor pockets on the left which is handy if you're a lefty. The thigh pockets have a small divider in them which makes carrying paperwork or gloves easy to seperate from other items.

There's two small pockets barely visible in the picture down by the ankles. I never use these. But they are at least positioned in a decent spot, which is not so low.

The waist has the "I just stuffed myself with China buffet" comfort belt setting. It gives perhaps up to two inches of expansion. The rise is a bit longer than typical and they sit at the waist.

On the rear, there's some odd super deep pocket on the back right. I have never understood it's purpose since the pocket is far too deep to be useful and far too big for a flashlight

The knee pads are a joke. They look absolutely bizarre when in place and they don't fit at the knee. They always want to sit to either side. I tried them once for one shift and threw them out. They're way too hot to wear.

As the pants have worn, they've become a bit baggy and more frumpy looking. The fabric seems to stretch and relax a bit. There's generous amounts of fabric on the pant legs and in the seat which looks a bit sloppy as they age.

So long and short, a good quality pant that has lasted almost two years of full time daily EMS work. No rips, no velcro failures, and no holes in the pockets. The color has begun to fade but still is servicable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful design, but they run small and aren't made short enough for me., July 14, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 #74363 Men's TacLite EMS Pants (Dark Navy) (Sports)
Our department just started issuing these pants for our duty uniforms. They are all around excellent pants, with many good features. Unfortunately, I have 2 issues: First, they run about one size small (I normally wear a 38 waist, but I really needed a 40 for these to fit comfortably); and second, 5-11 seems to have decided that no one in EMS has a 28" inseam, and with the 30" inseam the point where the legs are designed to flex at the knee (between the pockets) is below my actual knee, causing it to pull down on my pants whenever I sit or kneel. Considering how often we in EMS are kneeling, sitting, and so on, that's a big issue. Put simply, I cannot wear these comfortably because they don't make them in my size.

It's too bad, because if they would actually fit right, I would love them.

3.0 out of 5 stars run small, March 29, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice material and features for EMS work, March 7, 2012
This review is from: 5.11 #74363 Men's TacLite EMS Pants (Dark Navy) (Sports)
These were definitely created with the EMS worker and volunteer in mind. There is a pocket for everything. I bought a pair of the Taclite pants for myself (outside of our uniform buys which uses the regular 5.11 5.11 #74310 Men's EMS Pant which have a heavier material and are just heavier all around. The TacLite material is a ripstop fabric and if you look closely, you can see the pattern in the material. But they differ so minimally from the regular 5.11 EMT pants that you really won't be able to tell the difference, but they are substantially lighter when coming to wear.

I like the TacLite material and it is Teflon treated and holds well up to repeat washing and drying. I have washed these about 10 times thus far and have had no fading to date.

A ton of pockets for many different gadgets from stethoscopes to penlights and pads of paper. You can carry a lot in here. My uniform consists of these pants, the 5.11 #41060 Short Sleeve Professional Polo Shirt with my specific agency information and the 5.11 TDU 1.75-Inch Belt

Pricey but worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars They seem durable, June 24, 2014
The pair I ordered did not run true to size. I've worn the same size for years and had to send these back for a larger size. They are light & comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, June 22, 2014
My boyfriend is a paramedic and has 2 pairs of these pants. He loves them - they're absolutely perfect for what he needs. The ample number of pockets give him all the storage space he needs for his tools/equipment and they don't fade too quickly (we wash them almost every day). Great quality and value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality though a bit baggy, June 1, 2014
The quality is great - my only negative is they are a little baggy. I like mine to fit closely so they do not catch on anything. If you like yours to fit a bit less baggy the solution is to order one size smaller than you normally would wear.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best work pants so far, May 22, 2014
These are probably the best performing pants available for the EMT/Paramedic right now. They are extremely light weight and comfortable. They are easy to squat, twist, and lift in. The pocket setup allows for you to carry as much little gadgets as your heart requires- knives, shears, pens, flashlights, etc. The teflon coating is the real deal, as it will repel rain, blood, vomit, etc in light amounts. They come clean very easily too.

Cons

First off, the teflon coating is a double edged sword. Yes it repels liquids, but my God it attracts animal hair and lint. I have to lint roll completely prior to every shift and sometimes midshift. Second, the longevity are questionable as with any 5.11 pant. They fade and will begin to fray at some seams after about a year. The teflon coating WILL wear off. That being said, I still have two sets that have been in service 2-3 years despite this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pants, May 22, 2014
These are clearly well thought out and very comfortable on my long days. More pockets than I thought I'd ever need (and since I have them I've managed to find a daily use for each) and plenty of comfort by design. I notice that they tend to attract some dirt, mostly in the thigh area, primarily due to the coating that repels liquids. Nothing a little water won't wash off.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pants, April 19, 2014
JRP (Fort White, Fl) - See all my reviews
I've used multiple brands of pants for ems, and these 5.11's continue to dominate. They never seem to wear out or fade in the wash. They're tough and perfect for ems. The only brand I wear anymore.

5.11 #74363 Men's TacLite EMS Pants (Dark Navy)
$64.99 $53.50 - $71.47