5.0 out of 5 stars Just ordered my second pair
I just ordered my second pair of these... after wearing the first pair for nearly 4 years straight, no other boots! I have been absolutely satisfied and impressed with these boots. The longer I wore them, the softer and more comfortable they became.
Published 8 months ago by nate

3.0 out of 5 stars They squeek but are quick to put on!
Published 23 months ago by Tom Bui

5.0 out of 5 stars Just ordered my second pair, April 11, 2014
nate (Las Vegas, NV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5.11 HRT Haste 6 Inches Boot (Apparel)
The only reason I had to buy a second pair was because the outsole on the fron t of the toe, on both boots, seperated from the leather. I stuck with them for several months before I decided they didn't look too professional. In uniform, with not a lot of work, they'll shine up pretty well. I love that the toe is so plain, makes shining them nice and simple.
The zipper makes these so quick and easy to put on and take off. I've learned/decided that the angle of the zipper makes a big difference in how easy they are to slip on and off. I tried several boot brands (Rocky, Bates, Original SWAT, Under Armor, etc.) and none of the zip-side boots met what is now my standard, which was set by my first pair of these.
These are great, comfortable, long lasting boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars 511's are awesome..., October 18, 2012
D. Young (Bear, DE United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5.11 HRT Haste 6 Inches Boot (Apparel)
First off, I must say that these boots are one of the most comfortable and durable work boots I've ever owned. I work in Law Enforcement and I am constantly on my feet, I need comfortable footwear and these boots are it. I highly recommend them for anyone who may stand on their feet for long periods or walk/stand on hard surfaces. This is my second pair of 511 boots. I will always recommend them and as an added bonus they have an easy slip on zipper on the inside of the boots. These boots are worth the money and they are insulated for colder weather as well. You cannot go wrong with any 511 Tactical footwear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boot, March 14, 2012
EKFL (Melbourne, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5.11 HRT Haste 6 Inches Boot (Apparel)
I've had a pair of these boots for several months now and they have to be the most comfortable out-of-the-box boots that I've ever owned. I wear them in an office environment because I have trouble with dress shoes being uncomfortable when I have to walk a lot. These feel like they are already broken in the first time you put them on and the ability to use the side zip feature means that they are always tied just the way that you like them. I'd highly recommend them for people who want a boot that feels like a high-top sneaker and one that is able to be polished for a professional look.

3.0 out of 5 stars They squeek but are quick to put on!, January 22, 2013
Maybe I just got one of those unlucky pairs but mine squeeks every time I walk like a baby's pair of shoes. No matter what kind of surface I walk on, they squeek. I've tried stamping it out like some people suggested, bending it back and forth, putting pressure on it...nothing works. One thing I really like though is how you can unzip and slip your feet in real quick for times when you're really in a rush. The squeeking cost these boots 2/5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and Reasonable price, December 5, 2012
This is a rugged product that seems like it will last a long time. It's made with quality products and I believe it will last a long time. They are also very confortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sturdy boot for Garden and field work, May 16, 2012
I selected these boots to work in my garden. I needed something to keep out the dirt while supporting my feet well without letting my ankles get hyper-extended when walking on soft tilled dirt. I know thats not the usual job for these boots, but they are great and I highly recommend them for rough work.
7-3-12. The more I wear these boots for other tough work jobs, the better I like them. They provide excellent support and are very easy to get on and off, using the zipper closure. Once you lace them up to fit your feet you don't have to touch the laces again. Great boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable shoe, September 7, 2014
I had to buy more shoes and they were at a nice price so I got 2 pairs. My old pair are still holding up ok. My feet are exactly 8.5 men's so I buy half a size up. My feet are also very wide so I buy the 9W. The fit is very comfortable and there isn't a long break in period. I stand a lot so I use Dr. Scholl's work inserts. I do some bending often and after a while the soles were slowly coming apart near the front right by my small toe. Also I'm kinda heavy so after a while my shoes were making a squeaking noise on both sides when I walk on any surface just like the other gentleman said in his review where he compared the noise to baby squeak shoes. The noise would come and go but was mostly there if you were thinking about it. So forget sneaking around unnoticed with ninja style techniques. Anybody would hear you coming a mile away. So the soles kept separating from the side and also my heels eat up the rear part of the shoe inn the inside back portion. ( I've tried getting size 10 shoes but my heel still digs in the back and wears out most types of shoes. Pointy heels?) So after a couple of years I sent my shoes in for repair. The man sewed the sole sides with black yarn like thread and sewn on leather squares on the back heel parts because they were worn and had holes and that was about $33. The squeaking is still there and the thread he sewn on ripped thru the rubber Sides of soles and my heels ripped thru the leather patches he sewn on but the shoe is still holding up. I think it's been around 3 years. The bottoms are getting worn too but I still use them. My dad has a similar pair of 5.11 shoes and his soles came off also so I think that's the first thing to go. I own a pair of Oakley SI assault 6" boots in size 9w. They don't fit me well, I think they aren't wide because my feet get sore after a while but it is built really well with stitching all around. So this shoe is very comfortable and can be worn without breaking it in but beware that they can come apart if you squat or kneel down often. I am also on my 4th pair of laces. The 5.11 laces tend to rip and then the elastic just comes apart. I still use these shoes for work because they are super comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still feeling them out, March 5, 2014
Soles are garbage. Sketchy in snow and still slip here and there. Other than that its a good boot. Laces could be longer but hey what do i know. Have yet to test in puddles and lakes. Gonna see if these weigh me down any in the water

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, March 1, 2014
These boots are a repeat purchase for us. My husband is in law enforcement and will only wear these boots. They hold up great, even under the conditions of his daily wear. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, lightweight boots, February 18, 2014
This review is from: 5.11 HRT Haste 6 Inches Boot (Apparel)
I've owned these boots since June, 2012. These were my only footwear worn while on patrol.

Pro's:
-Solid toe build is usually a dept. requirement (won't hold a KIWI shine well out of the box, it has a water repellant feature that will make it flake off, just FYI)
-Extremely light-weight, helps you feel light on your feet if you have to chase someone
-Cool, breathable
-Dry relatively fast
-stitching material/zipper seem high quality, zero issues
-The ankle construction is perfect for my feet, I don't have any ankle rubbing problems that I've had with other boots
-Price isn't bad for a mid-range boot

Con's:
-The rubber sole (if that's what it's called) seems pretty soft. I had a chunk fall off after hopping a chain link fence. That was about a year ago though, and it hasn't enlarged or torn more off since. But since the tops of those fences are so sharp...not sure if any other boot would have fared any better!
-From what I'm told, you can't put new soles on these like high grade military boots. So once you use them up, you got to buy some new ones.

Summary:
Almost 4000 hours in a variety of conditions.....they are still extremely comfortable. As you would expect, the tread is worn down...there is some slight separation starting between leather and sole, but nothing major. I'm going to try and drag them out till June before I start wearing my new pair.

Also....looks like I got the last size 13...hopefully these aren't discontinued!

5.11 HRT Haste 6 Inches Boot