Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 13, 2011
Simply put, these are the best boots I've ever owned. I currently own 2 pair and rotate them and will soon be buying another. Out of the box they feel more like sneakers than boots. The zipper on the side has held up on my pair for 3 years now and they are still as waterproof as the day I bought them.

I've been a State Patrolman now for 3 years and had the same pair since I went through skills and the academy. I've ran and marched for miles and somehow I never got blisters with these. I've tried bates and Danners, but I personally like these best. The waterproofing is great, you can literally just stand in water up to about 8-10 inches and be high and dry. The soles on my boots are warn, but for 3 years use, I'll call it a victory. I know alot of LE people love the Danners. They brag about how they can be resoled etc.. and it is true, you cannot resole these boots. But they will last long enough, and since no one is handing out awards for longest worn pair of boots, I'll just by another pair of these when they die.

Most importantly I should mention the leather on the toe and sides takes polish extremely well. Get a large tin of Kiwi Parade Gloss and hit it with some cotton balls for a mirror shine. I can get a inspection worth spit shine in no time at all and look better then anyone in bates or rockies. I've only seen Danner's shine as well as these. I will be retiring my oldest pair with a high polish as my dress pair.

For a negative, the pocket is useless and stupid. A handcuff key... Really? You'll also be dead long before you could get the 1 inch knife you could fit in there out. Also, there is velcro at the top to hold the zipper down that is really good at ripping out my hems. Either a snap or if they switched the hook and loop would be better, but I also had my hems rather sloppily done and after a professional redid it it hasn't been an issue.

Best boots I've ever owned.
on April 6, 2012
These are by far the best boots that I've ever owned. All of the other side-zip models fail on me due to my orthopedic condition on one of my ankles that requires my wearing an internal brace. This puts a tremdous amount of stress on the zipper. BUT these boots are amazing. I've worn them every day without any problems with the zipper, which is proof that these boots are bulletproof. The heals and soles are extremely grippy, and give you a very secure feeling. I'm a cameraman, and have to carry lights, cameras, tripods, etc., etc., across fields with rocks, dirt, mud, grass, etc., as well as up and down hills and extensive stairs. I've been on my feet all day today, wearing these boots, and I'm feeling just great. In short, there is no more extreme case than mine. And if these boots work for me, they will work for anyone. I can't say enough, so I'll just give another five stars: *****
on May 6, 2011
I have flat feet, these did wonders for me compared to those I was issued in Basic Training. The zip is a genuine idea and works as expected, the leather is so far great, the shank helps the support of my arch, the tread is slightly off in terms of grip but still handles well, and the sizing was perfect, the military sized me at a 10, and all their boots are wide, I went with a 10EE and they fit literally perfect, far better than the Vibrams issued.

The downsides are, the toe is slightly tight width wise, even worse than my cowboy boots, this aggravates a slight ingrown toenail on my small toe. Also there is a lack of lacing towards the top, the boots I have been used to for years laced to the top with very little to spare, these have a good inch or so to spare, and thus bulge out at the top especially when worn over or below garments, which looks unprofessional.

Final conclusion, best boots I have, highly recommend, but if your in an icy area, I suggest purchasing a good pair of cleats to go with them.

Update (2011/10/24): Still going strong.

Durability 5/5
Warmth 5/5
Sizing 5/5
Feel 5/5

By far worth the money, I will never buy any other boots other than 5.11 again.
on November 18, 2014
This boot even though is wide size, does not mean it's wide. The length was just right but Its very tight around the foot. So far, my feet are sweating in it during my 8 hours on shift. Other than the tightness around my foot, I love the fact that I can stand straight up with my feet not hurting over a period of time. But overall, for what I paid for these I'm not very impressed.
on December 15, 2009
I LOVE THIS BOOT!!! For anyone who is on their feet all day you cannot go wrong with this boot. I went from a pair of BATES which are an okay boot, but the moment I put these ATAC's on I knew they were a great boot. They are noticably lighter than my BATES. They feel like a running shoe. I haven't been this happy with a pair of boots in a long time. I wear these boots anywhere from 10 to 18 hours a day. I will never own anything but 5.11 again!
on August 10, 2012
I just purchased my second pair of these boots here on Amazon. Amazon's cost was half that of a local "specialty shop", so I couldn't pass up on these boots. My first pair has lasted almost three years and aside from some outer component separation around the toe of the boot they have done well. I would give them five stars if the out-sole was stitched to the body of the boot instead of just glued around the toe. I did make them last a little longer using glue around the toes and when the separation started again it was time for a new pair. Overall they are a good, comfortable, long wearing boot and I look forward to my new pair! Also in reference to the zipper: I have never had a problem with the zippers on these boots; just remember to zip them all the way down when putting on / taking off and the zipper should not break or bind.
on November 2, 2014
As a street cop in a location known for heavy rain and poor drainage, I learned early in my career that working with wet feet is a miserable experience. But I really like the convenience of a side-zip. I'd bounced from brand to brand until 5.11 ATAC Storm. I can best describe my satisfaction with a story, rather than boring bullet points. One summer afternoon a couple of years ago, it had been raining hard all morning and the south side of town had widespread flooding. As a K9 handler, I was called to a scene where officers saw three suspects flee into the woods from a burglarized house. The wooded field was totally covered by six inches of muddy water. I took two patrolmen with me and we set out into the woods behind my dog. We tracked a few hundred yards, sloshing through the water as we went. One of my back-up guys made a comment about his supposedly-waterproof boots were leaking. We found our crooks, took them into custody and walked them out. The other guy's socks were soaked and he said he had another five hours of his shift left. My feet were bone-dry. I ran into him a couple of months later and he was wearing 5.11 ATAC Storms.

I can't recommend these boots enough. I've been wearing them for years and can't see switching to anything else.
on December 17, 2015
This is my 4th pair of these boots in 2 years. I work 60+ hours a week at a fire fighter, EMT, and soon to be paramedic. I have an absolutely destroyed pair that I wear if I know i'ts going to be rough and dirty and 2 pairs for normal shift use, and the 4th pair for more formal occasions. I love these boots because the look like boots, work like boots, but feel like comfortable running sneakers. You can comfortably do a 10 mile hike in these every day until the shoes are destroyed and never suffer from a blister. I wouldn't call them "water proof" in the sense that you can stand in 5 inches of water... because they will for sure let in water. But you can cross that puddle of water and stick your feet all the way in it for a few seconds and not worry at all.

I have several pairs of other brands including every major name brand and off brand ranging in price from 100 to 400 dollars and I still think these are my best pair of boots. Unless there is a particular feature you NEED in another boot that is missing from this one then your search is over. This is hands down the best boot for the buck.
on April 2, 2016
These boots are comfortable and they fit nice.
I definitely would like to have a pair of these on if I was ever in any tatical situation. The quality of these boots are well constructed and it seems very durable. I highly recommend these boots.

****** If you enjoyed my review please vote this review as helpful and feel free to ask me any additional questions and I'll answer them to the best of my abilities ******
on January 27, 2014
I have owned many 5.11 products over the years and loved them all for there durability and comfort. As such i decided when i wanted a pair of boots to give this brand a try. Fit perfectly on arrival, very true to size, comfortable. So far they run decently, good for a boot. I haven't yet put them through there more trying moments, but that twill come, no signs of weakness so far with just daily use. No rubbing, the side zip make them very secure. The laces work very well for back lasing and sinch up firm easily. Haven't subjected them to much water yet, minor puddles, but I'll see how Florida treats them.

Trust the amazon sizing guide, I usually would have bought bigger in other brands-but that would have been loose on me.