First the boots:
Published 23 months ago by eppo37

Published 18 months ago by JRod

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I wanted in a combat boot, more than I ever expected from customer service!, March 23, 2013
First the boots:
I am in the Army, and in the past 12 years I have owned several brands of boots. I have been wearing these boots every day for about two months. Before purchasing these I had been wearing a pair of Oakley tactical boots. The 5.11 boots are better in every way. The 5.11 boots are lighter, more comfortable, and far cooler than my Oakleys were. These are the best pair of boots I have ever owned, without question. Several other reviewers have commented on the "break-in" period for these boots. Specifically that there is not one. I would disagree slightly. While they were very comfortable right away, I did have a couple of hotspots near the ball of my right foot and some slight irritation around both ankles. The discomfort only lasted for the first two days I wore the boots. And was most likely only an issue because I wear very thin socks. My favorite feature is the pocket located on the front of the tonge. It is great to never worry about my laces sticking out from under my ACU pants.

Military specific point: I work at a 1-star command. My CSM (like most) is particularly fond of correcting any detail he can find regarding uniform regulations; as are many of our officers. No one has questioned whether my boots are within Army regulations. In fact, several MAJs and LTCs have asked what kind of boot I'm wearing because they like how they look so much.

Customer service experience:
About a week ago I had an unfortunate incident involving my left boot and a sharp piece of metal. The metal tore a piece of my boot sole off. (The top portion on the side of the sole is slightly soft. Like cork.) I contacted 5.11 customer support to inquire about any replacement/repair options. In my email I informed them that I was currently deployed and must be contacted by email and not by phone. I received a reply the next day. The service rep just needed my size information and an address so they could ship a pair of replacement boots. I didn't even describe the damage in detail and they were ready to ship me a new pair.

To make a wonderful situation even better, 5.11 instructed me to keep both boots for now. I should contact them when I return home so they can initiate a return authorization. I happen to be in a location where sending mail is not a problem, but that is not true for many deployed members of the military. The fact they are willing to wait months before receiving their damage product is amazing.

I really cannot recommend these boots enough. Great job 5.11!

5.0 out of 5 stars best boots at SOPC, August 30, 2012
This review is from: 5.11 Men's Taclite 8" Boot (Apparel)
I purchased these boots about 2 months ago for the Special Operations Preparation course, the second I tried them on I knew I was going to buy them. I wore them for all the ruck runs(longest was 12+ miles) and land navigation courses. Very, very comfortable in all situations. When a lot of other people wearing Nikes, New Balances, and Rocky's were getting blisters, no one that had these 5.11s had any foot problems whatsoever. Not only are they lightweight, but they have good ankle support whereas a lot of the lighter boots,especially the C4's, don't. Which is good because you need that support as you stumble through the woods at night. If I had been wearing my C4s, I think that I would have gotten a broken ankle during the night land navigation courses. I really could go on and on about these boots, they are that good. Will be buying a second pair to take to Selection.

5.0 out of 5 stars most comfortable boot - EVER, November 25, 2012
This review is from: 5.11 Men's Taclite 8" Boot (Apparel)
I've been wearing these boots five days a week, some weekends, for about a year now. Im in a PD office mostly, though i am in the field and on the range frequently. This is hands down the most comfortable boot i have ever worn. My feet do not get sore after a long day and they are almost as comfortable as my running shoes. They dont have the ankle support of a traditional boot, so keep that in mind. The only negative i can think of is that the boots offer zero water resistance. I understand that this boot wasnt designed for that, just letting you know. I wore the boots to the range one morning when there was a lot of "dew" on the grass and ground, and my feet got pretty wet. If this same boot was offered with gortex, i would own it. I've thought about getting this boot in black, but reviews say its not as good as the coyote boot. To sum it up, this is an extremely comfortable boot that you can run in, thats best suited for warmer dry weather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots., February 27, 2013
These are the most comfortable boots I've ever owned. No need to break them in, just put'em on and go to go. Qualithy construction and the sausage link laces are great. They never come untied. I highly recommend these boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Boots, November 1, 2013
Great boots, shipped fast, thanks
I am a 1SG so the boots had to look like professional army boots and be comfortable

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome boot, July 16, 2013
These boots are so comfortable, I normally buy 11.5 4E (extra wide by some brands) the 11.5 Wide are perfect. Absolutely love these boots.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, March 14, 2013
This boot is comfortable. I had it shipped to Afghanistan because my Blackhawks broke down in 4 months. So far these have held up well. The ankle support is more than I like, and takes time to break in. Overall the boot has a nice ride, and great support.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love'em, May 7, 2014
I was a little concerned about buying boots I had never tried on, but in this case it worked out well. They really are very comfortable and they look really sharp with BDU's. After walking around for a few hours my feet did get a little sore, but I think it may have been the arch supports I put in. (I have flat feet).

1.0 out of 5 stars fell apart in under 3 months, and 5.11 refuses warranty because i bought on amazon, September 4, 2013
I purchased these boots because of the reviews , at first they were comfortable but at 3 months they are rapidly breaking down , sole seperations , hole developing in suede , stitching coming apart and holes in the linings. I tried to get warranty through 5.11 was just told im out of luck because i purchased them on amazon who is not an authorised dealer. I expect more from a boot that costs $135 . Do your self a favor and DONT buy these over priced china garbage. And steer clear of a company that doesnt back thier products.

1.0 out of 5 stars SORE FEET, March 29, 2013
The quality of these boots seems good and they look great but the arch support is to high for my comfort zone after 2 hours of wearing these arch killers I took them off and boxed them up to send them back to Amazon these are the most uncomfortable boots I have ever worn!!! Also the knife pocket on the boots is way to shallow it needs to be much deeper I carry a Kershaw Leek in my ATAC"s I tried it in the Taclite and it seemed like it would fall out quite easily. I have a pair of 511 ATAC boots that are extremely comfortable and after reading so many reveiws where Soldiers stated they ran PT in the Taclite I decided to try them out what a mistake that was they are on their way back to Amazon for a refund and I will be ordering another pair of 511 ATAC"s I definitely would not recommend these boots to anybody.

5.11 Men's Taclite 8" Boot