5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rifle bag. Pricey but worth it.
Published on March 15, 2010 by BDiZzlE

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok quality, but good storage area
Not a bag bag overall, but not what I expected after reading all the great reviews. I was expecting more of a "Maxpedition Quality"

The material seems ok but not real heavy like Maxpedition products, The YKK zippers would be nicer if they were a bit larger, as they feel weak when prerssur is put on them loading the bag up ,

It does have good...
Published 12 months ago by Midcenturyman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case, but worth the extra $?, May 6, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical® 42" Double Rifle Case (Misc.)
Here are my comments on the case (I'm trying not to overly duplicate all the other reviews)

After lots of on-line research, the primary reason I chose the 5.11 tactical over other available options was the molle straps on the two inside rifle compartments. The molle allow me to secure my firearms with included hook & fastener (i.e. Velcro) straps. I found this a nice featue. Especially if you want to put multiple hand guns in one side of the case, or try to squeeze two smaller rifles in a single side. All the other widely available soft cases did not have the molle.

The question is: does this feature justify the higher price of this case? That's a personal decision. Also note that this case is made in China. It would have been much easier for me to justify the premium price had the case been made in USA. Sadly, none of the rugged double rifle soft cases I found were made in USA.

That aside, the case is plenty roomy, to the point of almost being too bulky. I did not mind this since I'm using this as my primary range bag. There is plenty of room for guns, ammo, targets, stapler, etc.

Quality is good, but I'm certain it is in-line with other comparable rugged products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Rifle bag. Pricey but worth it., March 15, 2010
Holds my AR-15 (16" barrel, scopes and Front grip) and my 10/22 rifle with scope, and even a handgun or 2. Molle straps holds everything securely in place and you can configure the straps any which way you want. Also has enough side pockets (x3) to put your magazines, extra ammo and some basic tools for the range. Little pricey but worth it. You can also carry the case like a backpack quite comfortably. Overall good rifle case with good padding to protect your babies.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, but no secure pistol storage out of the box, May 11, 2011
D. Kreft (Kirkland, WA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical® 42" Double Rifle Case (Misc.)
My case just arrived at my door yesterday, but initially I'm pleased with the overall quality of the case.

The one hit I have on the design is that it's not terribly good for pistol transport as is. The demo video I watched on 5.11's website demonstrated how pistols can be stored in the outer compartment, under a snap-secured flap. So I loaded up my bag with an AR-15, a Ruger 10/22, a full-sized 1911 and a Crosman 44 pellet revolver, zipped everything up and gently stood the bag up on end a couple of times. When I opened it up, I discovered that the pistols had migrated towards the middle of the bag and were almost touching--*shudder*. So I would recommend *against* storing pistols under those flaps--it's just not secure enough. A better bet for pistol transport would probably be a Molle holster inside that same compartment, on the top of the flaps, or attached to the outside of the bag.

Each side of the main rifle compartment comes with four velcro straps that you can move around on the Molle "grid" to secure your weapons--you should have no problem finding an arrangement that keeps things nice and snug.

Also, if you're considering this case, you should also probably pick up some Molle magazine carriers to slap on the outside of the bag for easy access (e.g. 5.11 Stacked Double Mag with Cover, Black). Other than perhaps that "mystery flap" area, there really isn't a place to put your mags in this bag.

If this bag had a good, secure storage area for pistols like the video led me to believe, I'd have given it 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok quality, but good storage area, July 19, 2013

It does have good room and lots of molle

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent case, January 4, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical® 42" Double Rifle Case (Misc.)
i tried two other cases before i found this one. this is a quality case and i am glad i spent the extra money. no more fuss and the case perfectly stores a benelli m4 with trijicon and pws ar15 with eotech opmod mpo-ii in (somewhat) staggered config.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5.11 Double rifle bag, August 18, 2012
This 5.11 bag is made very well. The YKK zippers are awesome and easy to open. Pleanty of space and mounting options for your weapons. I also have the single 42 " rifle bag, and when you have time to take multiple rifles to the range the double is perfect. These bags have pleanty of mollie mounting options, if you desire to customize the bag more to suit you needs. The compartments are well padded for optic and weapon protection.
I looked at the other rifle bags. The 5.11 has a little more vertical clearance for optic protection, and these 5.11 bags don't seem to color fade like other brands I've seen. I will stick with 5.11. It has many storage options, protection and is made very well!:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price.. 5.11 Quality Bag, March 27, 2014
Best Price online.. Can't beat 5.11 Quality, Fits an AR 15 and AR 10 at the same time, added slick stick mag pouches and range or mission ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars A worthwhile investment on gun case, March 8, 2014
I rarely write reviews. This bag provide good protection for two long guns and two handguns maybe plus some magazines. It is made in China but quality is as good as some Swiss-made baggages. Perfect for AR-15, Remington 870 or Mossberg 590.

3.0 out of 5 stars quality looks good, but not enough for 2 scope rifles, February 21, 2014
Mr Putt Putt (Silicon Valley, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
First, the quality looks very good and seems to be a durable bag. It's parallel to the quality of my Galati. This bag can hold 2 rifles but both can't be scoped. It will work best if one is scoped and the other is not. Even when I put one upside down, or one rifle's barrel pointing one way while the other rifle pointing another way, the bag is not deep enough to close the zippers. Maybe one shotgun and scope rifle will work. Definitely won't fit if both scoped. You do have to keep an eye on the thickness of the long guns you're putting into the bag. I'd rate it higher but the main reason I got this was for 2 scoped AR-type rifles. My condor drag bag has more space and can fit both of what I tested, but is of lower quality/build.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what the Doctor ordered!, February 3, 2014
Very happy shopping on amazon, it really almost to easy to purchase thing you need with out having to run all over town to try to find it!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›