5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!
I purchased this bag in August of 2012 (this review is written on May 12th, 2013).

In short, this is a great bag, even with it's hefty price tag.

Published 11 months ago by Mitch

2.0 out of 5 stars Bag couldn't even handle a flight on Southwest
Published 8 months ago by John

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bag!, May 12, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)

In short, this is a great bag, even with it's hefty price tag.

I use this bag to haul loads in the 50-70 lb range on a weekly basis to and from the office for a distance of several hundred feet over paved and rough terrain. I do not use it for air travel, so I can't comment on possible airline or TSA issues.

The bag has held up perfectly despite my abuse. The cleats on each end do a good job of keeping the bag upright if you tilt it on its end, and there is no sign of wear on the bottom or the wheels. The nylon parts & zippers have help up perfectly, and the interior is spacious for everything I need to put it. I admit I was a bit worried about the brand having never owned any 5.11 gear, but the quality and design of this bag has exceeded my expectations.

My only con for this item is that I wish it had a telescoping handle to put some distance from my legs to keep it from bumping into me when I tow it. After a long day it's a bit annoying to have the bag nudging my ankles all the way home.

I would buy this item again if i had to do it all over again.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bag couldn't even handle a flight on Southwest, August 18, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
I purchased my CAMS 2.0 bag for an upcoming deployment, as my last 2 deployments have completely destroyed my luggage. I just bought the bag and thought I'd try it out on a Southwest flight home. While it made the trip there in one piece, on the return trip one of the corner reinforcements was sheared off of the bag and the material underneath began to tear. While I understand that the airlines don't exactly handle luggage gingerly, if a bag is advertised as being designed for the rigors of military operations then it should be able to handle a ride on Southwest just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Strong and well designed gear bag, November 13, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
Great bag, strong wheels and frame, has lasted throuh three airport trips with over 70lbs of gear with very little wear and tear. I use it for hauling clothes and climbling gear. The only thing I have noticed is that bag is large and not light, so if you fill it with clothes it will be over 70lbs and airlines will charge you a bundle to check it. So if possible fill it with your lightest gear and use a smaller bag for heavier items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing Bag, April 5, 2014
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
I bought this bag to replace an issued ForceProtector Gear padded rolling duffel bag. For what it is, this bag is great! I do miss the padding of the ForceProtector and the carbon fiber poles in the CAMS are kind of a PITA to put in, but the exterior pockets (that all have locking zippers) and the lightweight frame of the bag more than make up for it.

It remains to be seen if this bag will stand up to my constant deployments, but so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge, February 12, 2014
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
I knew it was big but seeing this in person will almost shock you at its size. I use this for long car trips. I believe it is too big to be checked at an airport so if air travel is your thing, you should get the SOMS 2.0.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, February 2, 2014
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
Meets my needs, the pictures are good and the descriptions were good. I went on YouTube to get a full comprehensive look at the product. Good price too.

5.0 out of 5 stars great duty bag, January 3, 2014
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
Perfect duty bag. Fits in the passenger seat of my patrol vehicle. Stores all my gear with room to spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really can Carry All My Stuff, December 19, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
This bag is rugged, though, and it is huge! I can fit two Rush 72 that are full of stuff into the main compartment and still have some stuff space in there not to mention the side pockets and underneath compartment. Awesome bag, I haven't put it through an airport experience yet but, I use it often on road trips. Great bag, can't say enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5.11 = awesome, September 18, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
Great bag, huge pockets, took the family on vacation for a week. I fit all of there stuff and mine plus my 5.11 rifle case in the bottom with enough ammo and gear to get us out of any situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rugged, September 13, 2013
This review is from: 5.11 Tactical CAMS 2.0 (Sports)
Very Well built! Exactly like the way I expected it be, tones of room and functions, Awesome for the price! Great Design!

ARRAY(0xaa34b69c)