Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 5 Rituals of Wealth
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on June 23, 1999
Easy and fun to read, and very inspirational. Tod's book not only got me on my financial feet, it spurred me to reawaken my dreams--in my religious life, my career, my marriage. Tod's book is not as chock full of the tactics of making money as you might perhaps expect or desire. That's because Tod's money advice isn't nearly as valuable as his message--that the quality and depth of your life and your dreams is what really forms the five pillars of your wealth. PS. If you're a Tony Robbins guy, buy this book. It's like a syllabus from one of Tony's master trainers--many of the same ideas, but said yet one more, different way that might get you to take action at last. It could be the start of something big for you.
on November 28, 2001
I like this book, I really do. I think it teaches some important lessons that no other book does as far as I know. He really explains in detail, much more so than Tony Robbins does. Sure, his philosophy comes from Tony Robbins ideas but I think he is more focused to some few ideas whilst Tony has millions and millions of tips and ideas.
The book has a diffrent approach to money, it teaches you to understand that you dont have to be ashamed of being rich and that you really deserve being rich. I love this book to tell you the truth. The books begin quite silly and I almost stop reading it after the first chapter but after the third chapter I Understood what the book was about. THIS BOOK WILL CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE TO MONEY, and it will unlock your power to become rich!
This book is good as a complement to other financial books I think and the excerises are really good too. But if your searching for mathematical stuff and figures this book is not it, this book talks about who you are and what you can do to devolop in to a millionares attitudes, mindset, values and beliefs!
A GREAT BOOK, BUY IT!!!
Here's a truly excellent book on wealth. What most people aren't aware of (as a student of Tony Robbins Wealth Mastery Course) is that the power of belief precedes all planning and action. So to the average person there may not appear to be enough advice on what to do. But the most leverage really comes from the financial mindset and the wealth blueprints.
The highlights of this book include: great quotations, clear charts and tables, and a thorough understanding of wealth unconsciousness (taught by Tony Robbins).
I guess Tony won't be writing a finance book because this one tells about all there needs to be said at this level (belief and planning).
For those who are looking for stock market advice (since the author is a stockbroker), his simple advice on buying the 10 highest yielding Dow stocks is really great. And if that's too much for investors to comprehend, then just buy an Index fund of the Dow (DIA). The key here is long-term passive investing in the highest-quality American companies. Active investing is a full-time job for pros. Daytrading is for dummies.
There are too many gimmicky books on finance (too simple, for women only, Rich Dad's, etc.). This book is one of the truly great ones.
on November 7, 1998
I have read countless books and listened to many tapes as I work towards my goal of financial independence. Tod Barnhart's strategies work. I have used them to turn a disasterous financial situation into a very envious one.
I could have saved myself a lot of money on books and tapes had I read Tod's book first. Buy it today and act on his strategies - you will not be disappointed.
on December 12, 1997
This book is very good for people who don't have much experience or perhaps success managing personal finances. It stresses getting out of debt and getting into investing. The sections on these topics are very good, concise, motivational language that won't lose the reader's interest. The section on personal, almost spiritual motivation is a bit of a waste, I think. I was looking for financial, not personal, advice from this book. Luckily, the good parts come first, and it is "ok" to put the book down once it gets too gooey for you. Overall, very valuable read, especially to get psyched about getting financially independent and laying the groundwork for future success, including retirement.
on December 29, 2003
I liked this book. The concepts it contains are simple to understand, in fact, sometimes too simplified. This book is almost completely about finances, which is an imperative subject to understand, and follow, if one is ever to have financial stability or wealth. I hoped this would have been more of a feel good motivational book, along the lines of Tony Robbins, but it isn't that kind of book at all. This book does show its age, as it was written in the mid nineties, however, with the current resurrgence of the stock market I can look back and see some of the financial mistakes I've made since that time. When I began reading this book I felt the author lacked a deep understanding as a financier, however, by the time I'd read about half the book I was convinced that He is concerned about the welfare of those he teaches and inspires. In comparison with a book like Rich Dad Poor Dad, well, this book blows that one away. Hopefully you will read this review and skip that one.
on November 30, 2001
Sure they teach you all the math about money in high school. But this book is the "real deal" on setting up an attitude about your money. If we all could just go back in time and use the tips in this book. ahhh.
on February 8, 2009
A logical, pragmatic blueprint for lifelong financial security. Any person, regardless of his(her) circumstances, can benefit by utilising the information contained here. It will not only increase your wealth, it will change your life. It reveals the wealth-building techniques of the prosperous and show you how to increase your financial status tremendously. Modest income needn't be a hindrance if one is practising the "5 rituals of wealth", which involve deploying resources - even scarced resources - frequently and with a long-term perspective. This book should be retained as a guide through each stage of your financial development. You should master each section, before going to the next, and refer to the text often when you feel that your skills need improvement. So often in life, people want to change the financial results of their lives but they fail to address the real cause. We need a clear plan which Mr Barnhart addresses in his five-step strategy: (1). Pay yourself first; (2). Seek your dream; (3). Maintain a plan; (4). Employ your resources and (5) Act with impact. This book holds within it the key to unlock whatever has held you back in the past by giving you a methodology to follow that is clear, simple and precise. Life changes only when you act on what you learn. Take Mr Barnhart's insights, knowledge and the strategies he offers and act on them. If you do take action, this book will be your first step in achieving the level of wealth you desire and deserve.
I am not big on lifestyles of the rich, but investing is essential to retire, or if you have tastes you like to indulge. For some it is classic cars. For me it is a massive music library.

Bernhert tells you how to get where you want in Five Rituals Of Wealth. Basically, start as young as possible, pick a few funds you like across asset classes, buy shares regularly, and hold. That is it.

I know people have been burnt this past year, thrid degree. But Bernhert stresses a long time horizon-30-40 years. Look at any period this long in market history. If you followed his advice, you made money.

He also talks about the psycholgy of wealth: why we want money, and what we want out of it. He also makes you see, getting rich is about saving, not spending. Contentment, not flash.

I like this guy's attitude. Early on, he includes a story about a homeless man he befriended outside his office, and how much the man has to teach us. Bernheart is a humanist. He sees wealth as a product of self-actualazation. His modal is the guy in blue jeans who drives a 79' Bronco which probably has the origional tires. A far cry for the condecending pond scum we see on Trump's Apprentice or Real Housewives of...........wherever.
on May 7, 2007
This seemingly great book has a fatal flaw - it doesn't say when (at what time of the year related to what criteria) to put into practice what Mr. Barnhart suggests.

I've written him about this but never got a reply.

Did i miss something it the book?

Aside form this point, it's a five star...

MB