Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong (Elvis' Gold Records, Vol. 2)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

100%
Format: Audio CD|Change

on August 14, 2008
Released in late 1959 while Elvis was still in the Army, the second installment of the Gold Records series was only a modest hit in the US. While it only reached 31 on the US Billboard album chart it would eventually be certified PLATINUM by the RIAA. Its failure to make a bigger splash on the chart is due primarily to the fact that Elvis had been away for nearly two years and was not available to promote it. Also, the fact that it only included 10 songs at a time 12 or more songs were the norm for an album probably did not help either.

While it is not nearly has good as his first Gold Records album, this is still a solid collection. It includes two number 1 singles (Don't and A Big Hunk O'Love), six top ten songs (I Need Your Love Tonight, I Got Stung, One Night, I Beg Of You, A Fool Such As I, and Wear My Ring Around Your Neck which also hit number 1 on the R & B singles chart), and two other top 30 hits (My Wish Came True and Doncha' Think It's Time). This release has become better known for its ostentatious title (50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong) and cover which has been copied numerous times.

While this was a great release in its day, it has since been superseded. There are better greatest hits collections available now, such as the outstanding Elv1s: 30 #1 Hits or the 3 CD HitStory collection.
on June 6, 2013
There are great songs on the cd,as I am a big Elvis fan,and he is the King of Rock 'n Roll.
on October 25, 2014
Originally released on vinyl in 1959, "I Need Your Love Tonight" immediately shocks you with a bolt of lightning from the get-go! By now, Elvis had definitely perfected his unique style of music as you will hear in every track of this electric album! RCA proudly displays Elvis on the cover (several times) in a solid gold lam'e suit to guarantee that every note of every song in this collection delivers nothing less than pure gold. After all: 50,000,000 Elvis fans CAN'T be wrong!

The music is raw amd dangerous, which is so classic of Elvis. His voice had gotten stronger, deeper and more pronounced, too. Not to take away from the digital quality, but I recommend to any Elvis fan, as a bonus, to buy it on vinyl if you are ever afforded the opportunity. In my viewpoint, the dynamics are spread out more and pervade your senses in such a way that the listening experience feels incredibly "live", in a manner of speaking. I've listened to both: vinyl and CD; Elvis used a lot of reverb in those days, and my appraisal is that the digital reproduction is just a little "too" compressed. Maybe I'm slightly prejudiced, but when I listen to the King, I want to feel like I'm in the same room with him.

Tracks include:
7) A BIG HUNK O' LOVE
8) I BEG OF YOU
9) (NOW AND THEN THERE"S) A FOOL SUCH AS I
10)DONCHA' THINK IT'S TIME

You'll enjoy listening to this album over and over! My top picks are: "I NEED YOUR LOVE TONIGHT", "I GOT STUNG", and "BIG HUNK O' LOVE", because of the sheer hair raising static they fill me with. Maybe it's time for RCA to rename this album to: "6,000,000,000 ELVIS FANS CAN'T BE WRONG". It has gone platinum several times over since his death in 1977 and still continues to sell worldwide. It's defiitely worth adding to your valuable music library!