5.0 out of 5 stars Fits easy and collects most of the chips
It took me about five minutes to put this on my planer. It gets about 99% of the dust and I'm using a 6hp, 18.6 gallon shop vac.
Published on March 20, 2002 by Daniel S.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not fix modle of Planner it said it could
it does not fit, and can not return. Got it for my Planner as it said it would fit my modle but it does not to narrow holes do not match up, and airflow for motor was blocked.
Published 19 months ago by Michael Akkerman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits easy and collects most of the chips, March 20, 2002
This review is from: DELTA 50-445 4-Inch Dust Collector Chute (For Models TP400LS, 22-565 and 22-560) (Tools & Home Improvement)
A hint for you if you plan on using a shop vac with this. You will need a 4 - 2 1/4 reducer. This will fit your shop vac just fine, all you need is a 2 1/2 splice and I found this at my local home center with the shop vac accessories. The 4" part of this is another story. The end of the chute is 4" and the reducer end is 4", they don't fit together they just butt up against each other and I couldn't find any kind of 4" splice. The solution for this is to use a dust collector hose but they are expensive so I bought a dryer vent hose. Normally that hose would collapse but since I'm only using to keep both of these parts together there is nothing to collapse. It works great and will save you from having to buy 20' of dust collector hose to only use 3".
PS Don't forget to get two 4" clamps to hold everything together.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must!, June 15, 2000
D. Carver (Burnsville, MN) - See all my reviews
After getting the planer (model 22-560), I quickly realized the dust hood was needed. While the planer handles oak with no problem, the chips and dust were a problem.
I received the dust hood in 3 days and was off to a nearly chip and dust free planing.
Adding the dust hood will slow down blade changes, but the same tool supplied with the planer (used for blade installation) will also remove the hood.
-Dave

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't Forget This!, June 22, 2000
Planers create a lot of sawdust/shavings. Get this and hook it up to a dust collector. Only the smallest amount of shavings coming out after that. It really helps keep the shop and your projects clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Ya gotta have this", February 6, 2002
KRASSEL (SPANAWAY, WA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a must have, if you are using the Delta 22-560 planer. It not only collects the dust, but a good 90% of the chips as well. The fit is excellent and only takes a couple of minutes to install. If you are using a wet/vac for dust control it may not work as well, but if you have a 4" system this is the cat's meow.I'm going to two stage my collection system so the chips fall into a "can", because you can really fill the bag on the vac quickly when you are planing a lot of material. Delta got this one right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delta 50-445 4" Dust Collector Chute (For Model 22-560), February 8, 2002
"yelsob" (Marshfield, WI United States) - See all my reviews
This Delta Dust Collector Chute is a must! No directions for installation, but installed easily once figured out. The chute must be removed to change planer knives ... a minor inconvenience. I had concerns about how to connect the 4" chute exhaust to my 2-1/4" shop-vac hose. Problem solved at my local plumbing store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, March 25, 2006
I think that less than $20 is a great price for this attachment. It doesn't come with directions because you don't need them. Installation is only a couple of minutes. It will fit perfect with a dust collector. I use a 4" quick disconnect for mine with a delta 1200 cfm dust collector with pre-seperator. I highly recommend doing this because it is so easy to dump all of the shavings. One problem: the hose is directed straight up in the middle. This design is very poor. The 13" inch planer has an angled port which guides the hose easily to the side. Because it is in the middle you have to tie your duct to the side to keep it from hitting your board as it exits the planer. This is not a problem if your hose comes from the ceiling. It is for me because my ductwork was designed in the floor so that it would not be seen. Works good, but could easily be better like the 13" model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dust collection accessory, May 18, 2007
The thing works spectacularly, I couldn't believe how little shavings there were on my work table because of the dust collector. I was shocked because the planer was attached to about 10' of 4" hose on a 1 hp dust collector, so my expectations were pretty modest. Instead of having to sweep up half a trash can of shavings they were all in my dust collector! There were a few shavings that kicked back on the infeed side of the planer but that was all!

My only complaint was the directions, or lack there of! There was nothing in my box other than the dust collector chute and two knobs, absolutely no directions. I went to the web-site and that was fruitless. I tried several options to install the dust chute and nothing seemed to make sense. Until I removed the plate over the cutter blades and realized that the dust chute replaces that cover and allows for dust collection. It took seconds to install once I made this discovery. The point is they could have had a simple one page direction and possibly the red letter warning lable about the cutter blades that is on the factory plate. But then I would have had to rate the tool as a 6 on the five point scale! If you own a dust collector and a 22-560 planer this accessory is a must!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great part - should ship standard, October 10, 2005
This is a much needed part. Using a 4" to 2 1/2" adaptor, you can hook this up to your shop vac. It picks up most of the dust and chips. I used the planner without this part and it was a mess. The only reason this part did not recieve 5 stars is that I felt that Delta should include it as a standard to their planner as it is a much needed feature.

I wish that the web site for the planner had a link to this part. I initially ordered the wrong part and had to return it. I had to research for the part number via the Delta web site and then order it. But worth the pain as it is a great addition to a good tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much needed Part, January 8, 2005
Bryan Pepin (Worcester, MA USA) - See all my reviews
I didn't purchase this item at the same time as I purchased my planer. What a mistake. This makes the operation of the planer so much cleaner and more effective. (I don't have to stop and clear chips out of the way.) The adapter goes to a 4" hose for a regular dust collection setup. However, with an adapter, you can use a shop vac. I used both systems and they both work extremely well. Setup was a breeze and took under five minutes. Very simple and very useful accessory.

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not fix modle of Planner it said it could, January 15, 2013

Rate and Discover Movies