Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 50 Best Jobs for Your Personality
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 20, 2010
What I like about this book is that it gives a ton of careers at the end and explains what the work will be like and other necessary information, like salary and whether promotions are likely. However, if you are looking for exact careers based upon your personality type, this book is more a general overview of what would be good based on whether you're conventional, realistic, artistic, ect. For people who have absolutely no idea what career they might enjoy, buy this book.
on June 2, 2010
I found this book to be too technical, too much information that really does not help a job seeker drill down a new or existing career.
on January 18, 2014
She thumbed through it and may, or may not, have used the info. I looked through it and was surprised that chose some just the opposite from what I would have suggested. I think it was worth it just to obtain some insight.
on January 15, 2016
Great book and fast shipping!
on May 9, 2011
I had the opportunity to peruse this book last week. I have to point out to a couple of glaring errors.

On page 260, under Interpreters and Translators, AS (Artistic Social) is the personality code assigned to this field. The conceptual error I am referring to is that interpreters and translators are treated as one and the same, or as two expressions of the same profession. Nothing can be more inaccurate! Interpreters deal with the spoken word, whereas translators work with the printed or written word. The skill sets for each career track are very different and go beyond a knowledge of foreign languages. Interpreters are not always required to write well, like translators are, but an interpreter has to be quick on his feet and have the power of brevity -mainly, to express in as few words as possible what the speaker is telling his audience. Conversely, a translator has to be concise but comprehensive in his delivery: he has to pay attention to all the meanings because there's more time to write them down, unlike an interpreter, who has higher time constraints.

Another error is in the education/training required. The authors put "long-term on-the-job training". That may be true for some interpreters. Most hospital interpreters have to undergo and pass a certification examination, although many health care interpreters work for years without any kind of certification or formal training. Many universities (Boston University, College of Charleston, Florida International University, New York University, to name a few) have courses in community and court interpreting. Sadly, interpreters for the deaf are lumped together without much regard to the intensive training they have to undergo.

The basis for my critique is my 18 years as a professional translator in the United States and my network of translators, interpreters, editors and translation company owners.

The damage caused by these very serious inaccuracies is immense and perpetuates many stereotypes about interpreters and translators. If I didn't know any better, anyone with high school French or Spanish could say "I can be an interpreter! I don't need a degree."

As for personality types, the authors probably haven't interviewed many translators.