5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value!
A few years ago I bought a game for my PSP titled Ultimate Board Game Collection. That should have been a terrific game, but the controls were so bad that the games were unplayable. But 50 Classic Games for the DS (different company than Ultimate Board Games) has done an excellent job!

Some of the games that are included on the cartridge are: Connect Four,...
Published on August 17, 2009 by go vegan

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed
I did not enjoy this game at all. I generally enjoy board games, card games and puzzle games (some of my favorite DS games being Touchmaster 1 & 2, Clubhouse Games, Cradle of Rome and Word Jong to just name a few) but was completely disappointed with the game play of this game.

Published on August 19, 2009 by Jeanine

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome value!, August 17, 2009
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)

Some of the games that are included on the cartridge are: Connect Four, Backgammon, Checkers, Chess, Chinese Checkers, Gomoku, Reversi, Mahjongg, Black Jack, Freecell, Hearts, Klondike, Texas Hold'em, Minesweeper, Simon, Jigsaws, Kakuro, Sudoku, Match 3, Find the Differences, Mastermind, and plenty more. I've spent this much on just a Sudoku cartridge, and here I'm getting so much more. In the Sudoku game, you're even able to put in pencil marks, which are essential for me.

You won't be disappointed if you buy this game!

1.0 out of 5 stars very disappointed, August 19, 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)

I thought the game was horrible. One of my biggest problems with the game was that your progress was not saved. Why waste the time going through each game, beating your previous score, and racking up the black jack "chips" if they weren't going to carry over after the game was saved. It was a complete waste of time to play. In my opinion, if you are looking for a decent "multi-game"game to play, I would try Touchmaster 1 or 2 or Clubhouse Games.

5.0 out of 5 stars something for everyone--very, very well done., October 9, 2009
Hollyberry "Holly" (Elmira Heights, NY USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)
As a caregiver, I spend a lot of my time in doctors offices, hospital waiting rooms, and hospitals in general. 50 Classic Games makes the "wait time" go so much faster. 50 Classic Games is a "wait time buster" and a "cup of tea" relaxer. Thank you Nintendo.

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD VARIETY, February 20, 2010
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)
Many different games to play. It has board games, card games and puzzles.

I specially enjoy playing "Match 3". It is very similar to the game "Bejeweled". I like the sound of musical crystal breaking when you get a chain of matches. Some of the jewels are locked, unable to move. This makes it a little more challenging since you have to free them by surrounding them with two jewels of the same color.

It offers 5 different "Mahjong" games: "10 Seconds", "Countdown", "Match", "Point Race" and "Standard".

The game "Reversi" (Othello) has 3 difficulty levels: Easy, Normal and Hard.

"Superbrain" is a version of the game "Mastermind" where you have to guess in 10 turns a color combination of 6 differentcolor balls placed in a line of 4 spots.

"Peg Solitaire" looks like an impossible puzzle to solve. I have never won it.

It brings several card games: "Freecell", "Hearts", "Omaha Hold'Em Poker", "Texas Hold'Em Poker", "Black Jack" and the typical solitaire, "Klondike Deal 1" and "Klondike Deal 3".

The "Chess" game comes in difficulties of Easy, Normal and Hard. THEY ALL ARE HARD FOR ME. The computerized opponent beats me fast on the Easy level. That doesn't happen to me with the Chess game that comes with the other collection of DS games, "Club House Games"--I have been able to beat the system with this other game. Same with the PC game "Fritz Chess 2", it has allowed me to win in the beginner's level.

"Chinese Checkers" also comes with Easy, Normal and Hard levels of difficulty. THEY ALL ARE EASY FOR ME.

It brings 100 "Sudokus" that allow you to easily pencil in candidates. It also has another 100 of "Symboku" where you play with symbols instead of numbers.

This game collection, "50 Classic Games", has a few other games and puzzles that I have not mentioned:
"Backgammon"
"Puzzle Pieces"
"Puzzle Strip"
"Matchsticks"
"Spot the Difference"
"Music" (A memory game with crystal tones)
"Kakuro"
"Magic Square" (I, II, III)
"5 in a Row"
"4 in a Row",
etc.

2.0 out of 5 stars It Doesn't Save Your Game Scores : (, August 8, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)
I agree with other posts, that it is *frustrating* to play these games for hours, & have your game scores just go to the wind when you shut your NDS system off. Why doesn't it save scores? What is the point of logging in with different avatars & user names, if it never saves it when you're done? What were they thinking................................?????

Also on the downside, I find the pervasive blue & white color schemes throughout most of the games vaguely oppressive. After playing a while, I really just wish I could look at something else. A choice of backgrounds would have been nice. But the real problem is, I logged back in, & I wondered where the heck were yesterday's scores................

On the upside, this game set does present a challenging AI that is hard to beat, if you'd like to work at becoming a more experienced player to take on more advanced players. Though I say this with some reservation, because the dealer seems to get an abnormally high number of Dealer Blackjacks (21s), than any other Blackjack game I play. And you can't split doubles. And there are no Wi-Fi internet matches.......

I only paid $10 for mine in 2010, & now, I know why.......... lol What a bummer.

I have a MUCH better time playing "Clubhouse Games", which saves & ranks your scores across multiple spectrums.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages, February 21, 2010
James De Luca (East Hanover, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)
It is nice for something to do with out going to crazy. My daughter likes the puzzles and checkers as well as the black jack. I will play sometimes before bed to unwind. The family loves the mahjong which was the main reason for the purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 2, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)
So I probably should have known better but alas I didn't see this coming...50 different games...should be described more like 5 games with 10 different versions of each. Most of the games are so similar it feels pointless to play more than the basic/original version.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game for the price, February 5, 2010
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)
I bought this some time ago and I do enjoy it. There is a good variety of games. There are multiple versions of mah jong, memory, minefield, and picture puzzle games. If you like those, then you will like the game. Some games of similar to kind you find on the web. I think there is comfort in playing a familiar game even if you could download a better version. The Ds is convenient. It can go almost anywhere.

I liked the presentation of the games and how the menu works. I do find it fun. Its strength is more in puzzle games than board or cards. Again, depending on what you like, you will like this game or you won't. Club House games has more card and board games. This has more of the type of games you find on the web with some board games thrown in.

5.0 out of 5 stars a group of games, July 27, 2010
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)
What makes this interesting is, this seems like a streamline version of Clubhouse Games. This is enjoyaboe with simple games of Chess, poker, checkers, Mah Jong, etc. It is a great piece of software for children and adults aline. What you need to understand is when you the adult and the child has a DS, you both care play each other..and isnt that what both of you can have fun

Bennet Pomerantz
AUDIOWORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of Great Games!, November 29, 2010
This review is from: 50 Classic Games DS (Video Game)
This is loaded with great DS games. I actually bought this one for my daughter after she tried to take mine away from me. Now she has to buy two more for her kids because it keeps disappearing from her DS. I recommend this for people of all ages. I'm over 50 and love it & my grandson who is 9 loves it too!

50 Classic Games DS
50 Classic Games DS by Destineer (Nintendo DS)
$24.75