A month later in Bay Area spring climate, I've lost count of the number of these worms wiggling about in the soil:

-in and out of the decomposing kitchen scraps stuffed within upright 36" PVC pipes with 3/4" whole drilled throughout the bottom 18" inches burried underground,
-underneath the mulched leaves sprinkled around plant roots,
-and spreading...
Published 18 months ago by greenpinky

3.0 out of 5 stars meh
I thought this would be a way to go in composting, possibly they worked, possibly they didn't. I don't know. All I know is next time I will just use the worms from my compost pile to add to my flower beds.

I can't give it a bad review, but then again, I can't give it a good one either.
Published 18 months ago by V. M. Coniglio III

5.0 out of 5 stars 1 month later, lots of plump and active worms under the leaf mulch & in the PVC worm towers!, May 7, 2013
This review is from: 50 VermiPod Encapsulated Earthworm Cocoons - Easy/Clean Way to Worm Your Garden

-underneath the mulched leaves sprinkled around plant roots,
-and spreading throughout my backyard's rocky-clay soil as soon as I churn it up and water it over night.

My weekly routine is collecting egg shells to soak in a dash of dishsoap & water in a pickle jar. Then, they're rinsed & liquified with banana peels--ends snipped off--in my blender; this pulverized calicium and potassium "smoothy" is poured over the decaying leafy mulch.

Viola: happy worms! Never thought I'd say this, but they're actually kinda cute.

I was thinking of buying more, but I think they'll multiply just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Planting Earthworms, January 22, 2013
William Kreitzer (PARADISE VALLEY, AZ, US) - See all my reviews
What a novel way of re-introducing earthworms into your garden and they can be planted anytime of the year as long as the ground is not frozen.

5.0 out of 5 stars these work, August 18, 2013
I live on the Jersey shore and Sandy wiped out our earthworms. I haven't seen one since the storm. We used to have them coming up onto the sidewalks after rain but now, nothing. Digging in the garden I can find none where there used to be many.

I bought 1 package of these in early June just to try them. I planted the pods in 3 locations in my yard and then forgot about them. A couple of weeks ago I was working in the garden and saw an earthworm. This is the first since last Fall and it was in the area where I placed the pods. It's working! So I bought some more pods and put them in different areas. I will update this review if I start seeing more earthworms in the areas where I put the pods.

5.0 out of 5 stars Came fast, Lasted Long Love It., March 18, 2013
Did not use all right away. Stayed good in fridge for a while. Super helped my garden. Thank you good night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to spread and really work, July 1, 2013
I used these in my lawn and installed them by pulling large plugs out of my lawn and dropping in the cocoons. I wasn't sure it worked until a few weeks later when my sprinklers were running and there were worms everywhere on the surface of my lawn. The soul in the dead spots of my lawn have already started recovering and grass is growing great in those areas now. Under my grass now looks like soil instead of dirt.

5.0 out of 5 stars To worm, or not to worm, May 17, 2013
I am not quite sure how to rate this since I am not even sure if the worms hatched. The worms arrived promptly and well packaged and I buried them, but have no idea if they ever hatched.

Update 6/10/2014
Well many months later I am updating to let everyone know I have worms. :-D There are so many earthworms in my raised garden now I have to be careful when digging so I don't harm them. Great purchase and I couldn't be happier and changed the rating from 4 stars to five stars!

3.0 out of 5 stars meh, May 10, 2013