5.0 out of 5 stars finally!!!!!!! a plain and simple oil recipe book!!!!!!
there are heaps of books about aromatherapy, history, explanations.....etc. and if you are reading this then like me, you have at least one already.
Published on December 5, 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a recipe book, not a book on aromatherapy.
If all you're looking for is a book of combinations of essential oils, with little or no explanation of aromatherapy or why the various oils are used, this may be the book for you. If you're interested in learning aromatherapy, I'd recommend books by Valerie Ann Worwood, Valerie Cooksley, and/or Jeanne Rose instead.
Published on March 16, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars finally!!!!!!! a plain and simple oil recipe book!!!!!!, December 5, 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: 500 Formulas For Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use (Paperback)
but sometimes you just want a quick and sinple blend without reading through 100 pages first for a relaxing bath, to help you fall asleep,to make your house smell nice or keep your guests from snoring even.....this book is it!!!!
all recipes,every page, no frills. straightforward, quick and simple.
the best!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT FOR THE BEGINNER, August 30, 2000
RAZZbeREE (CITRUS HEIGHTS, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is the first book I bought when starting to use essential oils. It's perfect for a beginner! It has more than enough recipes for everyday uses for a person to start out with. Once I started using my oils and the recipes in this book, I began developing a better sense of what I liked and what oils went together better. The only thing it needed is a better list of substitution oils for more expensive ones. GREAT TO OWN if you are just starting out in the wonderful world of aromatherapy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Easy to Understand, August 19, 2002
Sharon Davis (El Paso, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book through another company which sold bottles for my new aromatherapy business. I refer to it with each and every customer who seeks information on my essential oils. I previously only sold perfume oils, but now I'm finding a boom in sales of the "real deal". I simply use the reference section to 'cure what ails you' and let the customer blend their own concoction. So Simple, Its Fantastic! I plan to buy more copies to replace my oil stained, and dog eared one. If you are new to the world of fragrance, Cedarvale has excellent products to use with this book. Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book for those who are new to aromatherapy., September 27, 1997
By A Customer
This book is excellent for those of us who are new to the concept of aromatherapy. It explains the essential oils, how to blend them, what to blend them with, and what the cautions are of the oils. Many formulas are also given for bath oils, massage oil blends, and even household helpers.

5.0 out of 5 stars What I Was Looking For!!!, January 7, 2002
"craners" (Kent, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I for one do my homework before I buy a book. What I wanted was a book of recipes for beginners in aromatherapy and that's what I got. For those who rate this a 3 or lower you probably didn't do your homework. There are a lot of books which can be more helpful for what you need/want but this particular book was one that a lot of us needed. My criticism is not for the book but for some of the reviewers who think every book they buy will automatically fill their needs. DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars a wonderful book with many great ideas, May 8, 1998
By A Customer
my mother bought this book for me when i first became involved in aromatherapy. it has been a wonderful addition to my herbal library, easy to read and use, with some excellent ideas for other uses for essential oils. would recommend this book to anyone starting out in aromatherapy as an inexpensive but worthwhile investment

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book!, May 8, 2000
By A Customer
This is an incredible book. The formulas are excellent and there is such an enormous selection to choose from. It takes the guessing work out of blending. I never thought that I could make so many wonderful formulas with essential oils. I recommend it highly to anyone either starting to use essential oils or already using these great oils.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book!, March 24, 2005
Margaret Jackson (Montreal, Quebec, CANADA) - See all my reviews
Not to be contrary or rude, but I've noticed that several reviewers have lamented the fact that little information is provided on the properties of the various essential oils. Newsflash people: this is a "recipe" book and therefore the assumption is made that you are familiar with the various essential oils and their properties. There is nothing wrong with this at all. The author provides a huge collection of blends and it's up to the user to know their stuff. I love this book and refer to it often. If it's a reference book you want, try Julia Lawless' Encyclopaedia of Essential Oils.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a recipe book, not a book on aromatherapy., March 16, 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars The title says it all, August 25, 2000
Lisa M. Loss (Scottsdale, AZ USA) - See all my reviews
This book proved to be exactly what the title said. It provided exact, practical formulas for everyday use. The layout gave very easy to follow recipes for everything from chapped lips to insect repellent. This book should be saved for those with some familiarity of aromatherapy, as it did not offer a great detailed explanation of the practice. As a hands on manual, though, it was excellent!

500 Formulas For Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use
500 Formulas For Aromatherapy: Mixing Essential Oils for Every Use by David Schiller (Paperback - June 30, 1994)
$12.95 $7.51