5.0 out of 5 stars So many great ideas!
Published on July 3, 2012 by MAG

1.0 out of 5 stars Color me disappointed
I find this book very disappointing. The recipes are very repetitious, can basically be deduced by the title alone and are very high in calories. The "health tonics" are accompanied by claims that have little or no scientific basis. And, how many times do I need to be told to blend for one minute and serve immediately? 500, apparently.
Published on August 11, 2011 by LSS

5.0 out of 5 stars So many great ideas!, July 3, 2012
This review is from: 500 Smoothies & Juices: The Only Smoothie & Juice Compendium You'll Ever Need (500 Series Cookbooks) (Hardcover)
If you're new to juicing and blending this book is great, it's helped me begin my juicing journey with lots of easy-to-make recipes to choose from, it provides many varieties of basic fruit juices & smoothies. However, many of the recipes are high in calories & lack in-depth nutrition info, okay if you're not dieting. But I was looking for a book of smoothies that are healthy, in addition to this book I also purchased Superfruit Smoothies: 50 Healthy Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss, Energy & Optimum Health to use in conjunction for my health regime. Overall, 500 smooothies & juices has good recipes, nice photos, and doesn't disappoint, it's well worth the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Healthy and convenient, October 24, 2012
This book contains quick and easy recipes for making smoothies and juices. The best part is that it contains recipes for easily obtainable ingredients.

1.0 out of 5 stars Color me disappointed, August 11, 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Great collection of basic smoothie recipes, February 28, 2013
L. Hearn (Parkland, FL, USA) - See all my reviews
There is nothing earth shattering here, but you get the basic recipes and many variations. If you are new to creating your own smoothies like I am, it is a great resource. You could probably find these recipes on line but nice to have them all in one place.

5.0 out of 5 stars great recipe book!, January 2, 2010
B. Lycans (Covington, Kentucky USA) - See all my reviews
I gave a copy of this book to my niece for making smoothies. After looking through it, I had to have one for myself for juicing recipes and smoothie recipes. The ingredient lists are minimal for great-tasting drinks.

5.0 out of 5 stars so many things to make!, March 6, 2013
This book has it all. We have tried only a fraction of the recipes in here but the ones we have tried are outstanding. This book along with our new blender make great companions.

3.0 out of 5 stars 500 Smoothies and juices, August 4, 2013
This book does not have a detailed index or a list of recipes so you have to go to back and forth trying to find something. Most smoothie recipes are the same recipe over and over with one or two ingredients being changed. I use a Vitamix so after a while, you really don't need a recipe book, just imagination.

1.0 out of 5 stars 500 smoothies and juices, August 30, 2013
Nothing creative or new in this book Skip it and buy a different one. You could make these without the book or find them free on the Internet

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh..., October 15, 2013
Well, I was hoping for a lot more variety. I suppose it is good for someone just beginning, like me; but I wasn't too impressed by the slight variations of the recipes to meet 500.

3.0 out of 5 stars A few basic recipes . . ., February 9, 2013
JoanD (Fremont, CA United States) - See all my reviews
and several suggestions for altering the basic recipe. Probably good for someone who doesn't have time to experiment. They all sounded pretty good.

$17.95 $13.95