Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 16, 2007
Fisrt off, I do not condone piracy. I tested the unit with games that I actually OWN. Support your developers so they can keep making fun games for you!

*** What's good about this product:

This card is 512 Megabits which is 64 Megabytes. For a GBA, that's a lot! For comparison, most of the latest GBA games are around 8 Megabytes, and some of the older ones can be as small as 2MB.

That means this card can hold between eight and thirty-two games!

The menu of games appears when the GBA is powered up.

One nice surprise is that the savegame info for each game is somehow stored seperately. I don't know how they did it, but it works pretty well. (Not perfectly though, so read on!)

Another nice thing about this device is that it transfers data pretty quickly. It takes less than 15 minutes to fill up the whole cart with games, music, and movies.

I've gotten it to work in Windows XP on a new PC (USB 2.0) and Windows ME on an older PC (USB 1.0).

*** What's bad about this product:

The manual is in such bad Engrish that it's impossible to understand. Don't even bother. :)

The software is buggy and poorly translated, so it takes some experimenting to figure out how to get it working right. It crashes a lot, but keep trying.

It is possible to lose savegame data! I have this problem when a certain pair of games is on the card: Namely, Squaresoft's Sword of Mana and Konami's Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. When you save your progress in one of these games, you lose your progress in the other game!

It's not such a big deal though, because out of the ten games on my card right now, those are the only two that have this problem. I just don't play Sword of Mana anymore. :)

All in all, I'm happy with it. I just wish I had bought my card here instead of on ebay. (I paid 30% more! ;-)