Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

100%
Format: HardcoverChange

on November 15, 2006
I recently ordered "52 leadership Tips" from amazon I have been visiting the weLEAD site for a few years and enjoy the writings of Greg Thomas. Simply put, I found this book to be outstanding. For those of us interested in practicing servant leadership, it is always difficult to find helpful ways to develop real servant leader skills. Most of what I have found and read in the past seems mushy and nebulous. People talk about the "philosophy" of being a servant leader, but most books lack specific skill development. This has caused some to criticize servant leadership as merely soft and "touchy-feeley."

This book written by Mr. Thomas is really different. He gives specific ways and skills that should be used by modern leaders. For example, in one tip titled "Correcting a Co-worker", he gives 5 specific points to consider before you even attempt this difficult task. I wish I had known these years ago, as I would have avoided a lot of grief and problems in my career.

52 Leadership Tips is easy to read and each tip is only a couple of pages long, but jam packed with good stuff for leaders. He also has some nice quotes at the end of each tip, from famous people, that tie in nicely with the topic. I found this book to be a nugget of leadership wisdom and I recommend it for anyone who wants to become a better leader either on the job or at home.
on December 24, 2006
Greg Thomas's 52 Leadership Tips is a thorough and useful guide to success for the modern-day leader. I have been following Mr. Thomas's work through the weLEAD web site, which he founded, for a number of years. This book takes many of the best suggestions for effective servant leadership from weLEAD and incorporates them into a helpful and easily applicable format. Unlike many "warm and fuzzy" servant leadership materials I have read, Mr. Thomas's writings are sharp, concise and witty. In an approach reminiscent of the self-improvement program Ben Franklin outlined for himself in his autobiography, each short chapter presents the reader with a valuable leadership tip for each week of the year. Each suggestion offered is clearly explained and reasoned for the benefit of the reader, and the practical approach of focusing on only one new strategy a week makes it more likely that the reader will be able to successfully incorporate the strategy in his/her leadership style. I believe that the successful application of each of the fifty-two strategies, will better equip any modern-day leader to guide and mentor the new generation. Whether you are in corporate management or coaching a little league team, there is something in this book for everyone.