Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: 52 People: Connecting with life through strangers
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 20, 2011
This book really touched me. Mr. Krause had his life profoundly changed by love and trauma, and out of that found a source of real hope. But what I loved about this book is that he didn't just write another "Look at me and what I have learned!" book. He reached out and found others who had similar life altering experiences. And through telling those stories he created a work with depth, shading and texture. Not only inspiring, but you will leave feeling like there are a group of new kindred souls in your life.
on January 15, 2012
What an inspiring project! The author does a great job of gathering information for his experiment, but at the same time it seems he learned much about himself and human nature along the way.
I have long felt that the age of e-mail, text and other modes of electronic conversation are cold and can easily be taken out of context. Face to face conversation allows the participants to see and feel the expressions and nuances that help to guide the direction of the conversation. It seems people actually like to talk about the person they know best, themselves. Of course strangers would no doubt be more guarded about revealing their feelings until there is a rapport built between the conversants. The author must have been quick to build rapport in order to get the participants to open up to the very personal "10 questions". He also does a fine job of evaluating and commenting on each interview and does a masterful job of putting it together in an entertaining and informative compilation.

Myself and my wife found the electronic version of the book so interesting we bought numerous hard copies for friends and family as gifts.

This book is a must read for those that wish to be closer to family and friends and thus improve their relationships along the way!
on December 14, 2011
After being exposed to the 52 people project a couple years ago I was so inspired I went out and started my own! The connections created and lives shared through the 52 people project were simply amazing. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in knowing and gaining more intimate relationships with their friends, family, spouses, or the guy next door:)
on December 15, 2011
I have not read all of the book yet, but wanted to share my opinion so far. 52 People touches on issues we have all faced and helps the reader reflect on the experiences and situations in their life that have shaped who they are today. Jayson has produced a very well written story that is thought provoking, insightful and most important motivating!
on December 14, 2011
This is one of those books that parents will keep on the shelf for their kids to read. It's timeless and in a world of texting, IM's and e-mail this book is more important than ever. It thoughtfully written and will inspire you to renew your closest relationships. 52 people belongs in your collection next to Dan Millman and Paulo Coehlo.
on January 23, 2012
Excellent book that touches on some great experiences. I love the journey that Jayson took to create this masterpiece. In one way or another, the stories shared and courage it took to approach perfect strangers and ask these questions can be relevant in all of our lives. Awesome work Jayson, I look forward to another...
on January 6, 2012
I found the book very refeshing that in todays world the author has realized the importance of having a relationship with family and friends through actual conversations not by e-mail,twitter, facebook etc.
Well written Jayson
on December 14, 2011
52 People reminds me when we use to talk to people and get to know them. I learned the hard way who my actual friends were and this book reminds me how important it is to talk to people again. Forget face book, talk to people.
on December 16, 2011
Really interesting concept. It certainly reminds us all that we've gotten away from connecting with people and really getting to know them. This will make a unique present for the "hard to buy for" people on my shopping list
on July 22, 2012
I had ordered 52 People on the recommendation of a friend, as I was looking for a book to take with me on vacation. It arrived at my office the next day and I thought I'd just read the prologue at my desk. Powerful stuff and it immediately made a connection. I haven't been able to put it down.

This is real life stuff, real people, real feelings, real insights, and in many ways speaks to my life.

That first evening I was a third of the way through the book and had this strong urge to follow through. Going out for for a bike ride I used some of the questions in the book to learn more about my dinner companion, not just talk about the weather, motorcycles, work, and how good the Thai food was.

The best complement a book can recieve is not that it was a good read, but that it inspired it's readers to follow through, use its example, and in this case delve deeper into our relationships with family and friends. I am excited about what will be learned about those in my life as I use the example of Mr. Krause.

Now I need to find another book to take on vacation as this one has already provided its inspiration and is being passed on to a friend to share the many lessons contained within.