5.0 out of 5 stars an exceptionally nice battery pack with some great features
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:42 Mins
The Romoss Sofun2, model PH20 is an excellent 5200mAh battery pack. It provides 5V output at 1A and uses high quality Samsung cells.

The batery pack is a matte white finish that I really like. The color makes is much easier to see when it's stashed away somewhere. The matte finish means it's basically fingerprint proof.

A...
Published 13 months ago by M. Erb

1.0 out of 5 stars the product is not original (not authentic)
the product is not original (not authentic)

I will not trust this seller any more my friends he got the same this product but is original.
Published 18 days ago by turki albaz

5.0 out of 5 stars an exceptionally nice battery pack with some great features, March 11, 2013
Length:: 3:42 Mins

A USB to microUSB cable is provided. The cable length is 7.25".

The Romoss Sofun2 PH20 has a built-in LED flashlight capable of 250 hour run-time with fully charged batteries. The flashlight turns on and off with a quick double-press of the on/off button.

The same on/off button allows you to check the battery charge level indicated by 4 LED"s. The battery pack will auto-shutdown after 3 minutes of inactivity. That's an important feature that not all battery packs have and ensures that your battery power doesn't slowly drain away because you forgot to turn it off.

The battery pack can be charged from the USB bus of your computer or from an AC charger with USB output. It is possible to have a device attached to the battery pack at the same time the battery pack is being charged. Not all battery packs allow this and it's a great feature.

Capacity: 5200mAh
Output: DC5V, 1A max
Weight: 4.1 oz
Size: 3.52" x 1.90" x .82"

This is my new favorite battery pack due to it's attractive design, great features and compact size.

I was provided a sample for review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautifully stylish and powerful battery pack that is priced right!, March 9, 2013
Length:: 8:32 Mins

This is one of the most stylish and nicest battery packs that I have had the opportunity to review. It is a great product for anyone who travels or works long days. This powerful battery pack can charge your smart phone or extend the use of your smart tablet. It is beautifully designed, small and portable. It weighs in at 4 and ¼ ounces. It uses two top of the line Samsung 18650 power cells which will provide years of recharging capability, up to 500+ times. These are the same style of batteries used in many portable computer battery packs.

What I like is that the unit is priced well and it is so small and portable but can really carry a lot of power. It easily fits into your purse, briefcase, computer bag or pocket. You could recharge most smart phones from 2 and up to 3 times with this power cell. I have included a video of this review and I hope it is helpful to you.

The output current to charge your devices is limited to 1 Amp. Please remember that after you connect your device to press the battery pack's "On" button one time to start the charging. Make sure to take note that your electronic device indicates that it is charging. This battery pack does have one feature that is not normally available on battery packs. You can plug in your phone into the battery pack and charge it and at the same time plug in the battery pack to a charging source and charge the battery pack while it is charging your electronic device. I recommend that you use an AC powered USB wall charger with an output current of 1.5 to 2.1 Amps to charge the battery pack. The battery pack can charge at 1.5 Amps and this will allow your battery pack to charge while it charges your smart phone. When your smart phone is charged it will no longer draw any current and the battery pack will charge faster and be fully charged the next morning. The next morning both your phone and the battery pack are ready for your work or play day!

Romoss included accessories:
* 1 USB to Micro USB cable 6 inches used for charging the battery pack and it can be used to charge any Micro USB device.
* You may have to use your own cable on some devices. (Like an iPhone)
* Instruction manual
* 12 month warranty

Romoss Sofun 5200 mAh External Battery Pack:
* The power output is 5 VDC at 1.0 Amp from the USB Port connector
* Press the ON button when you plug in a device and that begins the charging process of your device.
* Automatic OFF when your electronic device is charged.
* Uses high grade Lithium-Ion 18650 power cell battery design using high capacity Grade A Samsung power cells.
* The battery pack can be recharged 500+ times
* Warranty is 12 months
* No AC wall charger is included.
* A USB to Micro USB cable is supplied that is 6 inches long. It can be used to charge the battery pack or charge any device using a Micro USB power connector.

Romoss Sofun 5200 External Battery Pack Features:
* Powerful 5200 mAh capacity
* The unit is compact and weighs in at 4 1/4 ounces.
* Very attractive design
* There is one LED that indicates that the battery is on and charging a device
* It has 4 LED status lights located on the side near the ON button that indicate the battery charge level. One LED means less than 25%, two means 25 to 50%, three LEDs means 50 to 75% and all four on and not flashing means 100%
* You can charge it fully with an AC wall charger in about 3 to 4 hours at 1.5 amps. Using a USB 2.0 port it would take 7 or more hours as its current output is rated at ½ amp. Using a USB 3.0 port would take 5 to 6 hours. All of this depends on how dead the battery pack is.
* The unit features a LED flashlight that will operate for over 250+ hours when it is fully charged.

Charging an iPhone 4:
I charged the battery pack fully before I started my test. Start iPhone 4 charge was 81%
* 30 minutes 96% 4 LEDs on the ROMOSS battery pack
* 49 minutes 100% 4 LEDs
iPhone 4 number two started with the same battery pack without recharging it. Start at iPhone at 30%
* 30 minutes 56% 4 LEDs on the ROMOSS battery pack
* 60 minutes 80% 3 LEDs
* 90 minutes 96% 3 LEDs
* 105 minutes 100% 3 LEDs

Charging an iPad 3:
I started charging the iPad 3 at 49 % and the ROMOSS battery pack was used after charging two iPhones. The Romoss battery back had not been recharged.
* iPad at 49% and ROMOSS battery pack at 3 LEDs

* Kindle Keyboard battery 1750 mAh capacity
* iPhone 5 is 3.8 VDC at 5.45 Wh = 1434 mAh battery
* iPad 4 battery is 11,486 mAh 3.7 VDC at 42.5 Wh
* iPad Mini battery is 4490 mAh at 3.72 VDC 16.7 Wh

As you can see the Romoss SoFun 5200 will not fully charge a totally dead iPad 3 or 4 because it only contains 5200 mAh of capacity. It will add to your usage time and my suggestion is to turn off the iPad while charging or start charging very early and use the Romoss SoFun battery first while saving as much of your iPad battery as possible. You have to consider the losses in the charging circuits of both the battery pack and the device you are charging.

Romoss SOFUN Device Charging Real World Experience:
* iPhone 4 or 5 approximately 3 full charges out of a fully charged ROMOSS SoFun
* iPad 2 approximately 63% of a full charge
* iPad 3 or 4 approximately 38% of a full charge
* iPad Mini approximately 98+% of a full charge
* Kindle Fire approximately 104% of a full charge
* A normal estimated usable storage of such a battery pack is 85% of capacity or .85 * 5200 mAh = 4420 mAh charging capacity available for your electronic devices.
* In my testing I was able to use approximately 3500 mAh of capacity or roughly 67% of the 5200 mAh capacity.

I was only able to get about 67% of the rated usable power out of the battery pack and after I recharge it a couple of times the capacity should improve.

This is an excellent product and deserves a 5 star rating.

I received a sample product for evaluation and I promised to provide a fair and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lightweight, compact unit that's perfect for small mobile devices, March 12, 2013
Just about anyone on the go with a smartphone or tablet - especially those devices with an always-on 3G/4G connection - will at some point exhaust the battery and need a portable recharger. These range from about 5,000 mAh to 12,000 mAh. The tradeoff with the higher-capacity units is size, weight, and price. The Romoss Sofun 5200 mAh battery pack is one of the lightest (4¼ ounces), most compact (3½"x2"x0.8") units that I've seen. The solid white, rounded case looks good and is easier than most similar devices to carry around.

The user manual indicated that the battery pack should be recharged with a DC 5V 1.5A maximum input. (Note that no AC wall charger or car charger is included.) I have at least half a dozen AC chargers laying around, and I used a charger for an old e-ink Kindle reader (DC 5V 0.85A), which worked fine.

I used the Romoss unit to recharge a Samsung smartphone and a Kindle Fire HD 7". I did not attempt to quantitatively measure the recharging time, but with the Samsung smartphone, the phone was charging at about 1% per minute for the period I observed, and the phone can be used while it's charging.

Overall, I was very impressed with the Romoss Sofun portable battery. The build quality appears to be very solid. With its light weight, compact size, and price, the unit should appeal to many users of mobile devices who need a battery boost by the end of the day. The built-in flashlight is a bonus.

One note: The Romoss recharger includes a 7" USB/Micro USB cable that can be used for recharging both the Romoss (from a wall charger or car charger) and a portable device (from the Romoss). When you unpack the Romoss from the small box it comes packaged in, don't miss the cable - it's tucked into one side of the box.

I received a product sample from the manufacturer for evaluation and review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive look. Small size, big capacity., March 13, 2013
Nuknuk (Springfield, VA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Love to see this one came from a small recycled box. You got the power bank and a short USB cable to charge it from the wall. It came with around 80% battery remaining, I presumed, as the orange LED indicates.

This is the best looking power bank I have seen; it looks like something that comes out from Cupertino. Very sleek and clean in construction. As a bonus, there is an LED flashlight that you activate by pressing the power button twice. For its size, 5200 mAh is a fairly large capacity. The only minor gripe is the tiny power button which makes it hard to find at dark when you need to turn on the light.

Sample item was provided by the distributor for an evaluation review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Trick, August 30, 2013
This review is from: Romoss Sofun2 5200mAh Portable Charger Emergency Power Bank External Backup Battery with Samsung Cell Inside for smartphones, tablets and mp3 players (Wireless Phone Accessory)
First off, I got the item in 3 days from the day I ordered it. There is something wrong with what Amazon has for their standard shipping. It wasn't due to me for another 14-21 business days. Don't get confused. Email the seller. If they say it is here in the US, then you will get it in a few days. Ignore what Amazon has for it expected delivery date.

It came to me fully charged and it charged my Galaxy S3 very fast. But it only needed a little charge when I first used it. I will use it for real tomorrow night on a boat ride where I know I will need it to charge my phone. I will post my final review later this weekend. Like everyone says, READ the manual. Don't guess on how it works. It is very simple.

Update 9/3/13: OK I used it on Sat night when I was away from DC current for 6 hours. It charged my phone from 50-100% very fast, in 90 mins. The secret to all of these chargers is to not use them unless you really need to. They have a limited number of charges. Most of the time I am near a car charger or an outlet at home or at work. I will only use this when I know I won't be able to charge it at home or in the car for more than 3 hours. I still give this 5 stars and its worth what I paid!

5.0 out of 5 stars Little battery pack with a lot of juice, March 22, 2013
I love small portable battery packs like this Romoss Sofun 2 power bank. While they come in all shapes and sizes, the small ones are the ones I find use all the time. They can fit in my handbag easily, and their light weight makes carrying it along a realistic option. This battery is just a little larger than the palm of my hand (and I have small hands). It's smaller than my iPhone 4s, yet will re-charge it fully multiple times on just one charge of this power bank.

It arrives with a small USB cable of it's own to use with a computer to recharge it. There is a single standard USB port on it that you use to charge any of your devices. The small power button on the side will show you how much battery life is still left, and doubles as a LED flashlight as well, which is surprisingly bright. It's actually brighter than any other LED flashlight I've seen built into a power bank, especially one as small as this is.

The materials feel like good quality. No gloss or chrome added to this to try and mask shoddy workmanship. It's very nice quality, and designed to last. It's extremely handy to have when you have a power hungry smart phone that you need to recharge often, or if you're like me and have kids who's Nintendo DS systems are always running out of battery life every time you get in the car. This battery can be used for any number of things, and because it's so small, it's easy to tuck away to have on hand when you need it.

A sample was provided for reviewing purposes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best charger!, September 4, 2013
Best charger I've ever seen. It will charge my ipod touch (4th gen) and my samsung galaxy nx300 camera and note 2. It's crazy powerful and relatively fast. I love it and so do my co-workers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, May 10, 2013
I am so happy finally to find this great product. It works very well. I highly recommond everyone to buy this one. You won't disappoint with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handsome & very functional external battery, March 16, 2013
The Romoss sofun 2 external battery is a rechargeable power bank with a sleek contemporary design.

It is quite handsome but it is also very functional with a total capacity of 5,200 mAh plus an LED flashlight. Very conservatively figure 80% efficiency so a usable 4,160 mAh for devices. It should provide at least two full charges, maybe three, for most any standard cellphone and a good boost to tablet computers and other larger devices. I lost track of how many times it recharged my iPod Shuffle.

Charging is through the micro USB port at 1.5 A and output is through the USB port at 1 A. It will completely recharge overnight from either a computer port or a wall adapter. A micro USB to USB cable is included for charging the sofun 2 and you simply use the cables that came with your electronics for charging them. There are four LEDs to show remaining capacity in 25% increments plus an LED to indicate that the sofun 2 is actively recharging a device.

The flashlight LED is a nice bonus feature, bright and focused. It will stay lit for over a week when fully charged.

Dimensions are approximately 3 1/2" x 1 7/8" x 13/16" and it weighs 4.2 oz. so it is very compact for a pocket, bag, or glove compartment. With the efficient form, the ample capacity, and flashlight function, it is ideal for traveling and even long-distance hiking.

The frustration-free cardboard packaging is secure but easy-to-open and recyclable, which I always appreciate. It also came pre-charged--which was a nice surprise.

The sofun 2 external battery is very well-designed and I very highly recommend it.

A sample was provided for unbiased review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great external power bank!!!, August 13, 2012
I purchased this external battery for my htc evo 4g and a few other devices since I am always on the go. This product does its job!

Pros:
Huge capacity of power, 5200mah
Easy to use
Portable and durable
Sits well in the hand for using the built-in flashlight

Cons:
Only one color available, white

Overall a great external power bank that relieves worries about running out of battery when on-the-go, especially under high battery depleting cellphone conditions like my evo 4g.

ARRAY(0x9d11a8c4)