5.0 out of 5 stars Great little switches
I have these switches all over my house to control whichever device I want electricity going to at the time. I use them to switch on the laptop transformer, miscellaneous music equipment, music room spot lights, Etc. Etc.
Any place you want to control the electric power going to something.
They are made in both the three and two prong configurations and I always...
Published on January 26, 2011 by R. W. Milyard

2.0 out of 5 stars didnt last
Boiught 2 first one died ina few days, bought another it lasted a couple weeks. Bummer too becasue they were exactly what I wanted. I used it everyday to turn something on and off. Maybe it isnt meant to be used that much.
Published on May 31, 2012 by R. Weir

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little switches, January 26, 2011
R. W. Milyard "GearJunky" (Fort Mohave, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
Any place you want to control the electric power going to something.
They are made in both the three and two prong configurations and I always buy the three prong when available, as you can then use them no matter what the application.
If using them on a power strip, they will take up two plug spaces and you can only use one on a two outlet wall plug.
I have only had one switch fail on me, but was able to take it apart and repair it; no problem.
Look around for a better price, as Amazon is not always the best deal on these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i needed, July 7, 2011
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
I was tired of pulgging and un-plugging my light in the garage, now it stays plugged in and it's accessable from the flick of a switch!, i must say it was better made than I had anticipated, will mostlikely order a few more for the house and workshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Plug, July 5, 2011
jjtopel "jjt" (Fort Collins, CO) - See all my reviews
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
This is a Great Plug for Electronics that have broken switches. "Must have" Product. I am using this Handy Switch on my dad computer monitor because the power button is broken.

4.0 out of 5 stars a convenient switching option..., June 7, 2011
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
With this handy device, it is easy to control electrical power from a receptacle located in a wall outlet, or in a power strip. You simply plug it in, and then plug in the device you wish to control. Designed for indoor use, a switch like this works well for controlling lights, powered speakers, battery chargers, power tools, game consoles, small appliances, and holiday lights.

The unit is polarized and ungrounded, and will accommodate only two prong plugs. One negative is that because of the size of the housing and location of the switch, the assembly can block access to an adjacent receptacle, either in the wall or in an outlet strip. If this switch was a little smaller and less bulky, this would be a 5 star product instead of only four. The price at Amazon is a quite high, so you might want to check your local hardware store for a better deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy as Its Name, August 24, 2011
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
I wanted a 3-prong single switch to use in the outlet with my laptop so I would not have to unplug the laptop to conserve energy every time I shut down. This switch is perfect. Now I can leave my laptop plugged in and not have it using energy even when it's off.

I'm using the second switch in combination with the Belkin Conserve Socket. I can reset the Belkin without having to unplug it but, if I forget to turn the Handy Switch off, the Belkin will still shut off the power at the end of its time cycle.

I highly recommend this switch for those looking to save energy with convenience.

2.0 out of 5 stars didnt last, May 31, 2012
R. Weir "BW" (Phoenix, AZ United States) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost OK, September 24, 2013
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
The switch has very good mechanical action so it snaps on and off "soundly", BUT while the switch snaps to the ON position, it doesn't always make the electrical connection so the attached device doesn't turn ON. The switch lever must be "jiggled" to make electrical contact. The first one I bought got to the point where "jiggling" would not always make contact, so Amazon replaced it, and the replacement is slightly better, but still requires occasional "jiggling" when turned on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly., August 24, 2013
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
Used this as a switch for an outdoor fountain. Works great, and has not been adversely affected by weather. Seems sturdy and functional.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been looking for this thing for months..., December 25, 2012
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
These are very handy, especially if you run a computer with Windows. After a couple of updates to the Windows system on virtually every computer I have owned in the past 30 years, they stop shutting down on their own as they should. They go down to the point where some driver is still hung in memory and the only way to get them completely off is to either turn off the hard switch which is always in the back of the computer and impossible to get to, or unplug the power cord, what I have had to do for the past year. By plugging this little monster in between the power plug and the outlet, I just wait until windows has it hernia and won't go down any further, then I throw the switch off, wait for the power light to go out, and flip the switch back on. Next time I want to start the computer I just turn it on as usual. Saves a whole lot of work. Of course, you can use these for trival jobs like turning lights on and off but that would be rather boring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, December 5, 2012
This review is from: GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White (Electronics)
I've been looking for just this for a long time, to turn on/off an outdoor light that just plugs in, doesn't have its own switch. This does just what it says, and (contrary to some reviews) is compact enough that it doesn't block neighboring outlets - I put mine in a quad receptacle, and the other three spots are still accessible. The blade is nicely sized, easy to put your hand on it the dark. I'll get another one for my fluorescent shop light - like many, it also just plugs in, no switch.

GE 52149 Handy Switch Grounded White