Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 12, 2013
I got this because I want a true fisheye lens but wasn't sure I was ready to commit to the price of it. This is inexpensive and fun to use, although not the same as buying a fisheye lens (which would also cost about 10x more).

The best photos i have taken with it are essentially macro, and I have played with the distortion and lens flare for effect (take the negative aspect and have fun with it rather than expect the lens adapter to do something it just can't do).

Does it really replace buying a fisheye lens? Not really. Does it work for dabbling in fisheye photography? Absolutely.

One big gripe i have is that the silly lens cap is worthless and it simply falls off it, so i walk around using it with no lens cap. At least it is inexpensive so if it gets damaged, no big loss!
on October 30, 2013
This is a pretty cheap little extender, we are returning it because it only works within a very limited range on my the Nikon d300 my wife owns. It has a large black border around the picture if you stray too far from the sweet spot.
on January 6, 2014
I gave this a five because not only did it attach right on, with the provided adapter, it worked like a charm. For the price and the photos I am able to take, I am extremely happy with the product. Remember, this is just a simple lens attachment, so if you want a true professional fish eye lens you will need to fork over some cash. But for its simplicity as an attachment, along with delivering the photos I wanted to take, I would recommend this to anyone on a budget.
on January 26, 2014
Optically, I would give this five stars. Mechanically, I was disappointed by the need for a 49-52mm step-up ring. Maybe that sounds petty, but I was searching specifically for a FIFTY-TWO MILLIMETER lens so that I wouldn't be faced with the current situation: either cart around (and eventually lose) a step-up ring, or have a useless back cap. Neither of these is ideal, which is why I was looking for a 52mm system. But optically, it's great. And the pop-out hood is nice. Just list it for what it is and your ratings will no doubt go up: This is a 49mm, .4x Wide Adapter With a Bunch of Free Step-up Rings.
on October 7, 2014
This is a really fun lens that can give you some unique shots. Keep in mind you definitely get what you pay for and this is NOT a professional lens. While my photos have that cool wide angle / fish eye effect, they tend to be VERY blurry around the edges.

Overall I would recommend for the amateur photographer who is just looking to have fun.
on March 31, 2014
I use this on the 35 1.8 and it works okay but to get anything descent you must step to 5.6 or higher with increased ISO Depending On your Shooting Situation at 1.8 ist Very soft center focus and almost smoothed outsides this is a neat lens to play with the macro is great aswell but why the step adapter!?
on December 18, 2013
The lens works very well. Very satisfied. It gives a different look to similar pictures.will recommend to my friends. A a a
on December 17, 2013
It isn't a true fisheye, but is fun to play with. I break out when I want goofy pics of the kids.
on January 8, 2015
I honestly would not spend the money if I could go back in time. It was a present for my sister, and she doesn't really know what to expect from a fish eye, but in all honesty they should call it something else. It barely, if at all, warps the picture to the iconic globe like shape. It pretty much just blurs the outside of an image and focuses on the middle giving the illusion of a slightly spherical shape. I read similar reviews and ignored them because people said it gets the job done, but it really doesn't.
on July 8, 2014
Fisheye Lens should never be used with this product! It is great for a wide lens, that being said-if you know anything about a fisheye lens you know this is not it! Ordered a fisheye lens from 47th photo, and those people know what a fisheye lens is. So I was not pleased when this lens arrived-thinking of getting some great shots with the dogs playing with the "Fisheye lens".

You can't beat the price for a wide lens. If they said wide eye lens I would have given it a 5 star.