Back to Business Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chi-Raq Bose SoundTouch 130 Amazon Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on June 2, 2014
This lens hood fit neither my stock 18 – 15 mm lens nor my more expensive 70 – 300 mm telephoto lens snugly. They are both Canon lenses as I own an EOS Rebel SL1. The lens hood was very loose.
on February 20, 2014
I had a lens hood like this once before but lost it while moving. After purchasing this one, it came in handy while I was outside taking family portraits as well as inside where the lights above cast a glare on the lens, the hood blocked majority of that glare and my pics turned out amazing!58mm Digital Tulip Flower Lens Hood For Canon Digital EOS Rebel Digital SLR Cameras Which Has Any Of These (18-55mm, 55-250mm, 55-250mm, 18-250mm, 18-250mm, 75-300mm, 50mm 1.4 , 55-200mm. 70-300mm) Canon Lenses + More!!
on February 24, 2014
This product fit the way i expected and works well. You can't go wrong. Would buy again for sure, do it!
This hood is a rigid flower or tulip-style hood. The cut outs are to prevent vignetting at wide angle lens lengths. The hood doesn't fold back. The lens cap keeper is very handy--ask me how many times I've dropped a cap in some brush and then, well, it's gone. This is going on the wide-to-normal lens. I have a folding hood for the telephoto, where the wide angle doesn't present an issue for a round lens hood.
on February 3, 2014
It fits well on all my lens and with a circular polarizer or a filter. The plastic is harder than most which I perfer anyways. The only draw back is it's not reversible and cannot be used with a lens cover (which i have adapted to by utilizing it with it on at all time and a polarizer or filter for lens protection). It vignettes wide open with a filter and none without. I recommend it.
on September 27, 2015
Had bought a different brand didn't work or fit had to send back. I picked the company and bought one for my camera and my daughter's camera. The flower lens hood fit's perfect and we love the inside cover for the lens cap which fits it to a T. The shipping was super fast and the price could NOT be beat. Thanks for making a great item.
review image review image review image review image review image
on December 11, 2013
I ordered this for my Rebel T2i Kit lens 18-55

I have to say Its Okay, because well it is okay its a 2.5 product.

It can be a real pain to attach to your camera and the lack of instructions is incredibly frustrating but I am going to fix that for you with a very simple tip: It attaches cleanly to a filter. Especially with a filter with slightly more space threaded surface area.

It is a complete pain to attach it to your lens directly.

Also do not use this flower hood with your lens at complete wide angle It vignettes with a nice dark ring around your images (that you won't see until you are processing) I would say only zoom in at least 28mm (85 since its a crop sensor)

It does not give your lens 360 degrees of lens flare protection so be mindful of that when attaching it make take a few attempts at screwing it in before it sits right (get the flowered point on top and below lens)

Tips that were not on the instructions: If you were holding the lens with the filter end pointing up

Make sure there is a filter on your lens (uv or whatever you plan on using)

Take Lens hood, screw the ring that is on the lens hood completely flush to the top of the ring (clockwise)

Apply to lens filter by screwing filter in (clockwise)

Once you have the lens positioned carefully twist counter clock wise the filters (compression) ring (plastic ring around lens hood) until it gets low and close to your filter. It adds a slight level of protection.

This took a few tries to figure out but once I figured it out the lens hood stayed on

The keys are attach to threaded filter and be slow and methodical or it just keeps falling off and does not latch.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2015
The hood seems to be of decent quality, but reversing it is a chore. Not quick and easy. The screen protector and lens cleaner seem to be just throw ins. If you can get the same hood for less money without the other stuff it would be wise.
on May 12, 2014
Not bad, but not great either. Fit one lens but loosely on another. Both were 58mm thread Watch lenses Have 2 Prime lens that are 50mm thread so not necc. for just EOS Rebel camera, it depends on the lens.
on November 14, 2014
It looks great ... but I don't know what us the black strip for? If someone know pls let me know.