5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement battery for my HP Pavilion dv6
Waited 3 weeks from the date I received the HP 593554-001 battery from the seller before making this review to give time to test out the battery sufficiently in hope of helping others. I use my laptop approximately 6 to 8 hours every single day so the battery has had plenty of use before making this review.

After 2 years the original battery which came with my...
Published 19 months ago by C.L.

1,229 of 1,239 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars OLD battery
Published 17 months ago by Pen Name

1,229 of 1,239 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars OLD battery, March 28, 2013
Li-ion batteries have a limited life that lasts about 3 years from the date of manufacture, even if the battery is just sitting on the warehouse shelf. The issue is that they sent me a battery that is about 23 months old, which I don't think is reasonable, especially given that the battery is intended to replace one that is 25 months old. This wouldn't bother me if they made it clear at time of purchase that the battery is old, but they are just counting on the customer not being educated about batteries. If you find this review helpful, please vote so that others will be given the opportunity to read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement battery for my HP Pavilion dv6, January 23, 2013

After 2 years the original battery which came with my HP Pavilion dv6 wore out so the laptop had to be plugged in at all times in order to run. If unplugged the original battery was to to the point it would die in less than 15 minutes. That was the purpose of buying this battery as a replacement for the original battery which had come with the laptop.

The HP 593554-001 battery purchased fits perfectly into my HP Pavilion dv6, and lasts at minimum 2.5 to 3 hours before needing to be recharged for my use which is spreadsheets, word processing, and heavy internet usage. I keep the screen of the laptop at full brightness at all times and do not use any power saving settings/functions which can effect the time before needing to be recharged. Additionally, I have removed and reinstalled the battery several times since receiving the battery and each time it removed as well as reinstalled very easily being a perfect fit for my HP Pavilion dv6.

Prior to buying this battery my HP laptop had been overheating leaving burn marks on my leg as well as the fan was constantly running. I have NOT had any problems at all with the laptop overheating or the fan constantly running since installing this replacement battery. The battery I received from the seller was a HP battery as described on Amazon. Have to give 5 stars to the seller since I have not had any problems with the battery whatsoever, and my laptop now runs exactly like new once again. Just wish I would have purchased this battery sooner.

Thanks, my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop now functions exactly like it did when it was brand new.

1.0 out of 5 stars Battery was over 2 years old and didn't even work., April 17, 2013
I ordered in the early spring of 2013. The battery was manufactured in early 2011. These sorts of batteries are only good for about 3 years at best, but this one didn't even make it that far. Brand new out of the box and the HP Support Assistant said it needed to be replaced. It wouldn't charge at all. Others said that their batteries had poor life, but this one wouldn't even take ANY charge at all. Worthless.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AN ORIGINAL BATTERY, August 1, 2012
This review is from: 593553-001 - Brand New HP Original Battery - MU06 (GENERIC PACKAGING) (Personal Computers)
BATTERY I NOT AN ORIGINAL, THE HP LOGO IS NOT ON THE BATTERY, THIS BATTERY IS GENERIC, I'M DISAPPOINTED IN THIS PURCHASE.

2.0 out of 5 stars don't trust the label numbers, March 18, 2013
The battery was just fine but it was the wrong one for the HP G62X-400 model, dispite having the same 593553-001 as on the original battery. Be sure to search according to the lap top's full model number not the numbers on the battery itself

2.0 out of 5 stars NOT ORIGINAL PRODUCT, April 25, 2013
Gabriel Soledade (Osasco, SP Brazil) - See all my reviews
The shipment was ok, quick delivery time, good price, and the battery works properly. But it is NOT an original HP brand product, as it is informed in the product information. Even though the product appearently has no problem or malfunction at all, I think this is a lack of respect with the customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Was an authentic HP Battery, February 6, 2013
I was scared I was going to get a fake battery because I seen other reviews for other sellers about them sending another brand of battery but advertising an HP. This one is the real deal. It came sooner than I expected and works great. It gives me a good 3 hours of power after charged. Just remember to leave your laptop off and charge it first for 8 hrs. then drain it completely and then charge it again at least once a month to keep your battery working good.

5.0 out of 5 stars HP G72 Laptop Battery - This is a good value, January 5, 2013
I have an HP G72 laptop that started complaining about its battery. This unit appears to be original HP equipment. The original battery had "Replace with HP spare 593553-001." This unit was described as being a replacement even though it is a 593554-001.

This battery fit perfectly. It appears to hold a charge as well as the original. If performance holds up, this is an excellent value for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed!, January 9, 2013
My battery was so bad that as soon as I disconnected it from a power source, my computer would die. This is just like the original battery, and it works perfectly. I've had it for about three months now, and it works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars oem replacement, January 11, 2013
Battery was a HP direct oem replacement identical to the failed battery. Product shipped on time, tracking information was accurate, received on date promised.

Rate and Discover Movies