Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: HP - IMSOURCING 593554-001 LI-IO 6CELL 2.55AH 55W BATT
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 23, 2013
Waited 3 weeks from the date I received the HP 593554-001 battery from the seller before making this review to give time to test out the battery sufficiently in hope of helping others. I use my laptop approximately 6 to 8 hours every single day so the battery has had plenty of use before making this review.

After 2 years the original battery which came with my HP Pavilion dv6 wore out so the laptop had to be plugged in at all times in order to run. If unplugged the original battery was to to the point it would die in less than 15 minutes. That was the purpose of buying this battery as a replacement for the original battery which had come with the laptop.

The HP 593554-001 battery purchased fits perfectly into my HP Pavilion dv6, and lasts at minimum 2.5 to 3 hours before needing to be recharged for my use which is spreadsheets, word processing, and heavy internet usage. I keep the screen of the laptop at full brightness at all times and do not use any power saving settings/functions which can effect the time before needing to be recharged. Additionally, I have removed and reinstalled the battery several times since receiving the battery and each time it removed as well as reinstalled very easily being a perfect fit for my HP Pavilion dv6.

Prior to buying this battery my HP laptop had been overheating leaving burn marks on my leg as well as the fan was constantly running. I have NOT had any problems at all with the laptop overheating or the fan constantly running since installing this replacement battery. The battery I received from the seller was a HP battery as described on Amazon. Have to give 5 stars to the seller since I have not had any problems with the battery whatsoever, and my laptop now runs exactly like new once again. Just wish I would have purchased this battery sooner.

Thanks, my HP Pavilion dv6 laptop now functions exactly like it did when it was brand new.
1010 comments|342 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2013
I ordered in the early spring of 2013. The battery was manufactured in early 2011. These sorts of batteries are only good for about 3 years at best, but this one didn't even make it that far. Brand new out of the box and the HP Support Assistant said it needed to be replaced. It wouldn't charge at all. Others said that their batteries had poor life, but this one wouldn't even take ANY charge at all. Worthless.
11 comment|182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Don't believe the reviews!! It is NOT an HP original battery even though it says it is. It is a cheap Chinese piece of crap imitation. If I wanted one of those that's what I would've bought and I wouldn't have spent $40 on it!!
review image review image review image
22 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 25, 2013
The shipment was ok, quick delivery time, good price, and the battery works properly. But it is NOT an original HP brand product, as it is informed in the product information. Even though the product appearently has no problem or malfunction at all, I think this is a lack of respect with the customer.
22 comments|99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2013
The battery was just fine but it was the wrong one for the HP G62X-400 model, dispite having the same 593553-001 as on the original battery. Be sure to search according to the lap top's full model number not the numbers on the battery itself
on August 1, 2012
BATTERY I NOT AN ORIGINAL, THE HP LOGO IS NOT ON THE BATTERY, THIS BATTERY IS GENERIC, I'M DISAPPOINTED IN THIS PURCHASE.
77 comments|131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 5, 2013
I have an HP G72 laptop that started complaining about its battery. This unit appears to be original HP equipment. The original battery had "Replace with HP spare 593553-001." This unit was described as being a replacement even though it is a 593554-001.

This battery fit perfectly. It appears to hold a charge as well as the original. If performance holds up, this is an excellent value for the price.
on February 6, 2013
I was scared I was going to get a fake battery because I seen other reviews for other sellers about them sending another brand of battery but advertising an HP. This one is the real deal. It came sooner than I expected and works great. It gives me a good 3 hours of power after charged. Just remember to leave your laptop off and charge it first for 8 hrs. then drain it completely and then charge it again at least once a month to keep your battery working good.
55 comments|58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 18, 2014
After doing a little compare/contrast on multiple batteries for my HP Pavilion g7-1310us, I came across this one. Here are some of the concerns multiple people had, that I am here to testify against.

1. The battery was old.
---The battery that was just send to me, infact, was manufactured just 6 weeks ago (02/2014). While it is possible to get an old one (some say as far back as 01/2011), I would like to assure others that this is not always the case. And if you are indeed able to acquire an older manufacture date, Amazon will cover the replacement and will send a new one (it is in their buying policy) so long as you return the old one - which Amazon again will pay for the return shipping. So rest assured.

2. The battery doesn't stay charged.
----With new batteries, you MUST NOT charge them during the first use until it is absolutely dead. You first install the new battery, check the charge (mine started with 54% freshly installed), and use your computer like normal until your computer literally dies. THEN you charge it and DO NOT use it until the battery is 100% charged again. To keep the battery life at its longest, never use the computer while the battery charges. The input vs output strain is enough to rob your battery of precious life very quickly. This is the absolute best method to save your battery - however, some batteries may be faulty and some reviewers may have done this method and still had a problem. But I'm willing to bet the majority of purchasers do not know the proper way to charge the first battery and this makes up the majority of issues. Please remember that electronics are made in bulk - just like baking a batch of cookies - some will turn our excellent while a few may have been burnt.

3. The product itself is worthless and I should have looked at the low review.
----There is never a 100% consumer acceptance, everything has a chance to be the 1% faulty item and mad consumers are statistically 80% more likely to vote [AGAINST] a product, shifting the #star rating in their favor. How many times have you bought an item, any item, online or in the store and it worked like advertised so you went immediately to customer service and left a great review? How many times have you bought an item and it blatantly sucked, broke, didn't live up to expectations so you ran to the computer to make haste of your fingers and slam the product? See? Not so fair.

4. This is not an HP product/does not work with my computer.
----Firstly, we the consumer are 100% responsible for our purchases. I do not see a remote for sale and purchase it without first checking to make sure it is either: A) Universal or B) compatible with my TV. If I do impulsively buy the remote and it does not work, why would that make the seller or product a "bad product" for my lack of knowledge before hand? Also, HP is the only manufacturer of the 593533-001 battery. To say it is not the same manufacturer would be like saying Ford now makes a Buick LeSabre.

Overall, this battery has a long life - which I'm guessing is the #1 reason for buying a new battery and reading the reviews, yes? My old battery, after a good 3 years, started to warn me I had 10 mins (15%) left and would then die immediately after seeing the message. It would charge in under 10 minutes (yikes) and last maybe 30 on a good day if I didn't watch any YouTube videos. Fully charged, my batter would say 45 minutes (100%) remaining. ---------- Now, with the new battery, I've been using my computer heavily with multiple windows open, skyping with classmates, and writing my Term paper for over 4 hours now with little drain (4 hours left with 64% charge). Is this battery worth the risk? Yes.
on June 6, 2013
** Buyer Beware ** I purchased this battery from seller "Fine", the battery did not fit in my laptop. To make matters worse the battery was not an HP Original Battery, it did not even have a manufacturer's name listed - a no-name battery, without any manufacture date markings. I returned the battery 1st class USPS and requested the buyer to properly advertise the battery he is selling an a nameless generic battery. To date he still continues to advertise with the claim of "HP Original Battery - 593554-001 - MU06".