5.0 out of 5 stars CD Bubble mailers
I mail many, many CDs in hard jewel cases, both to the USA and internationally. These are perfect to mail and protect the CDs. I usually cut an extra inch off the inside and fold over the sealing flap, so they are a bit bigger than needed. Extra protection.
Published on September 15, 2009 by Bluefish

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Value
This is what it claims to be, the color is a little more orange than the product image suggests. Also, it's difficult to remove the strip that covers the adhesive. It tears midway through or leaves bits behind. Kind of a PITA, but just a nuisance considering the value you get.
Published on December 23, 2012 by Lindsay Fontaine

5.0 out of 5 stars CD Bubble mailers, September 15, 2009
This review is from: #CD 6.5x8.5" KRAFT BUBBLE MAILER PADDED ENVELOPES-100ct (Office Product)

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, low price., December 30, 2009
I bought these a bit skeptical of a CD mailer that was MUCH lower in price than the others. I can say that so far I can't tell the difference between these and the ones I paid 5x as much for. Great product. Keeping this bookmarked so I can buy more after I use these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cozy Comfort for your CDs, October 22, 2009
I. Inc (Sunny California!) - See all my reviews
These envelopes make it easy to mail CDs. If you are selling used CDs on Amazon, these are the envelopes to buy. Buying in bulk makes them way cheaper than getting them at the store or post office. These envelopes are specifically for CDs, so if you are trying a mail a DVD in a standard DVD case, these won't work.

Jewel cases are arriving to recipient all over the country without breaking. What more could you ask? These are the best envelopes, for this purpose, I have ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size for CDs, also cuts postage bills, September 4, 2013
I had been using No. 0 envelopes, which are slightly longer (you can squeeze a DVD into them). But in my desire to cut postage costs, I opted for these smaller ones, which are almost square, but not quite. Indeed, postage fell to about $1.30-$1.50 per shipment, from almost $2.00. So that adds up after a while. Good quality, definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, November 16, 2012
Rebecca (Berkshire County, MA) - See all my reviews
I was paying three dollars for a 5 pack of similar envelopes at WalMart, so this is a great deal. Envelopes aren't packaged very well though. They're just packed into a box as if someone counted out 100 and placed them in a box, and since it's rare that any box arrives undamaged by UPS some of the envelopes were a little beat up or ripped, but not totally unusable.

Overall happy, but packaging could be improved.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Value, December 23, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really 6.5", July 19, 2014
I bought these because of the dimensions they were supposed to have. 6.5 X 8.5. I have DVDs that are in a cover that will not fit into the standard 6X9. The extra 1/2 inch made it worth while.
However. they really are just the standard size, in fact worse for fit.
I'm sure their quality is fine. They just aren't as wide as they claim to be.
I cut them up and use them for extra protection in a bigger envelope.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bubble Maikler, May 20, 2013
The quality of the bubble mailer padded envelopes is perfect. I use the envelopes for mail music cd's. This is the perfect size.

4.0 out of 5 stars loose production tolerances, October 6, 2011
Clinton Labombard (San Antonio, TX United States) - See all my reviews
My only quibble is with one envelope which was too small for a standard jewel case. A slim-line case still had to be pushed in hard, so my thoughts are the quality control at the factory missed that one. Other than that, it's exactly what I wanted: CD-sized padded envelopes. The adhesive works perfectly, I've never torn one (not even the too-small one), it's easy to write on, and no problems with packing tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made despite being inexpensive, honest count, November 1, 2014
First, it's notable that the bubble mailers I got are more yellow than the one in the picture, and they have no printing on the back.

I've been selling beads on the internet for 12 years, and 95% of my orders go out in bubble mailers. These mailers are some of the best that I have ever used. Manufacturers of bubble mailers must strike a balance between weight and strength, and I think the right balance was struck with these mailers. The paper is thin, but not thin enough to be weak. Furthermore, the front-and-back surfaces of the mailers are perfectly flat, instead of being wavy or wrinkled (as I sometimes find), so labels go on flat and smooth. Another thing to look for in a well-made mailer is that the bubble wrap should be perfectly centered within the paper, so that the glued paper edges are the same width on either side -- and that is the case with these mailers. The self-adhering flap works well, but please note that you must always put a piece of tape over it just to be sure it doesn't open (that's true of all mailers).

And for all this good quality, the price of these mailers is the lowest I have found so far.

Another thing to note is that I got exactly 100 mailers (not 95 or 98, as often happens). Since I ship beads in the mailers, I did put a CD in a jewel case into one of them, and the fit was perfect.

For those who use mailers in different sizes, please note that these mailers hold slightly more than #00 mailers, and slightly less than #0 mailers. If you are filling them with many small items, they hold their shape fairly well.

Please note that half-sheet labels are too large to fit on these mailers. However, quarter-sheet labels fit very well. When I need to apply a half-sheet label (for international orders), I have to trim it around the edges to make it fit.

I am a hard-to-please consumer, but I am very impressed by these mailers -- at least, by the ones I got in October, 2014 (if you are buying them two years hence, who knows whether the quality will be the same).