5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase
Published on December 23, 2010 by HappyCamper

3.0 out of 5 stars Dim bulbs?
This bulb, GE Energy Smart, 10 watt, 520 lumens, "lasts 5 years", is a lower-brightness bulb compared with the similarly-named, more expensive GE #85382, which is 580 lumens, 10 watts, and "lasts 8 years":GE 85382 Energy Smart 10-Watt T2 Spiral Compact Fluorescent Bulb

Published on November 27, 2011 by shep

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, December 23, 2010
This review is from: 6-Pack GE Compact Flourescent (CFL) Light Bulbs 10 Watt = 40 Watt Equivalent
These do exactly what they are supposed to. They're the smallest watt I've found that fit into a standard light socket. Yes they're definitely more dim than a 13-watt or higher watt...that's the point. You pick the wattage you desire for the amount of light necessary in a particular situation. For an accent lamp or a not-too-bright light to read by these are more than sufficient.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dim bulbs?, November 27, 2011
shep (Princeton, NJ, USA) - See all my reviews

Choose with care. If you don't care about real "40 watt" equivalency, choose this 6-pack, although some reviews object to the low output.
If you want better lumen output, choose the 85382.

GE shouldn't market different bulbs with the same name.

1.0 out of 5 stars light is good but all the bulbs hummed making it useless, March 18, 2011
I was looking for lower powered bulbs and I thought this was a good deal.

Now i have to replace them all because they all hum when switched on making them completely worthless.

5.0 out of 5 stars All bulbs work, no complaints, August 30, 2011
I've got these bulbs in the fixture just over tubs and showers in my home and in small lamps. They're for those small fixtures for which I'd otherwise continue using incandescents. All six of my bulbs are working fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 watt CFL light bulbs, May 27, 2011
These are hard to find in stores. Thanks to Amazon, I can get them. These fit well in ceiling light fixtures since they are small. But the light is bright and long-lasting!

3.0 out of 5 stars One bulb broke right after installation, December 7, 2012
Overall, the bulbs have been serving me well, except one of them broke right after I put it in. I turned the light switch on, it went on for a second, and cracked.

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall I'm satisfied, warm light but does hum, December 26, 2011
V. Swope (East Lansing, MI) - See all my reviews
These lights turn on quickly, and do provide the equivalant to a 40 watt lightbulb. I would call these a warm colored light. As others have noted, there is a slight hum when they are on. Overall I am happy with their performance. They are shorter than most compact fluorescent bulbs, so should fit in existing fixtures. All the other common wattage CF bulbs seem to be getting down around $2 a bulb. Why are these so expensive at about $3/bulb?? I'll wait until the price falls to purchase more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lowest Wattage Standard Socket Bulbs I could find at an affordable price., October 9, 2013
We installed vanity lights, one with 5 sockets and the other with 4, that have standard size sockets. I wanted small bulbs that would not be too bright, since we have a total of 9 bulbs in the fixtures. These bulbs are the right size for the vanity fixtures, and at 10 watts per bulb, these were just what we were looking for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Energy saving light bulbs., November 18, 2012
Thanks Amazon for the fast delivery. We did have one problem. The first bulb we inserted in a lamp did not light. We tried it is several sockets with the same results. We have used two others since and they preform as expected. WE did not return the bad bulb as the price was still far below other retailers it was not a factor.The cost was approx $1.00 each. Having lost one bulb raised the price to approx $1.11. That is still a great value for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brighter than convetional 40 watt bulbs?, July 16, 2013
I bought these as a replacement for incandescent 40 watt bulbs and these seem brighter to me. Also I was an early adopter of the CFL bulbs and I just replaced some old Sylvanias (after 10 years!!!) and these seem/feel better in quality.

They are certainly brighter than I expected...

Rate and Discover Movies