Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 30, 2012
My hubby is fairly hard on his work clothes. They wear out quick, and often, we spend the extra in hopes that they last and provide comfort longer. He's on his feet for 12 hour shifts, so this is vital. When I first bought these socks, over a year ago, I was skeptical. They're cheaper than a lot of the other brands per pair, and they're not from a major player like Dickie's or other workwear names. But I'm so glad we tried them.
After a year, these socks are still going. They haven't flattened out, worn thin, or gotten so funk-ified that they can't be used (like other socks did). They still offer good cushion for his steel toed boots, and he has never complained about the comfort lacking.
In fact, the only reason I bought another bag recently? All the other brands of work socks are pretty much rags. Now, these are the only ones in the drawer. Give them a try, they may surprise you, too!
11 comment18 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2011
I am a full time paramedic working in a rural setting. These are the best socks I have ever owned for work and everyday wear. They are warm, but breath very well. They are just about as perfect of a sock I have ever owned.
11 comment14 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2011
I have to wear steel toe work boots all day at work for 12 hour watches. These socks make my job much more bearable. I am planning on ordering more already.
on April 16, 2011
These are some of the tuffest socks I have ever owned. I wear them with my steel toed boots at work and the boots are much more comfortable with these socks. The only complaint about them I have it the thinkness when trying to wear these socks with other shoes. If your current shoes/boots fit snug now, these socks will make them too tight and uncomfortable to wear.
on February 10, 2010
well i got these socks for my step father for christmas, well since i live an ocean away from anyone in my family, i send all gifts to my sister who distributes them throughout the family. well needless to say, dad went snooping and called me asking if he could have these socks instead of the intended recipeant. The review from my step father is that these socks are a blessing and he does not want to even take them off. he gives it 5 stars!
0Comment17 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2013
Review/comparison of several kinds of cotton socks:

Hanes Crew (Comfort Crew?) - Walmart, ~2012
Uniform thickness but thin, especially after a few months of wear. Wore holes in heel too soon,: after about 1 year. Not satisfied with durability. Would not buy again.

Wigwam Men's King Cotton Crew Length Crew Sock, Sweatshirt Grey Lt., Large - Amazon, $10 for 1 pr. May 2013.
~18" long after washing. Thick. Uniform thickness. Upper seems slightly on the loose side, but doesn't droop down. Not owned long enough to comment on durability. Thicker than Hanes "Double Tough". Had sticker shock when only 1 pair arrived; I had been looking at Wigwam Super 60 Crew which were $12 for 3 pr, then switched to these not realizing it was only 1 pr for $10. My oversight.

>>> Guide Gear Xtreme Steel Toe Work Socks White - Amazon $18 for 6 pr. June 2013.
Boot socks (not really the same category as crew socks for sneakers). ~17" long after washing. Thick. Uniform thickness. Upper elastic is firm. Not owned long enough to comment on durability. Thicker than Hanes "Double Tough." In VERY limited tests walking on wood floors, seems about as cushiony as the Wigwam. Seems warmer than Hanes Crew "Double Tough," maybe too warm in hot weather. I may use these for snow blowing in the winter.

Hanes Crew "Double Tough" sole - Walmart, July 2013, $8 for 6 pr. July 2013.
~15" long before washing. Sole ~2x thicker than top of foot. Not owned long enough to evaluate durability. In VERY limited tests walking on wood floors, seems less cushiony than the Wigwam or Guide Gear Xtreme. Cooler than Guide Gear Xtreme. Available in crew, low cut, white or black. Will probably try these as my new standard summer sock for sneakers.

Evaluated on shoe size 11 feet. All above socks >= 75% cotton and made in USA or North America, I believe.

Other socks:
Military issue, Army boot socks. Green or black.
Sole ~3x thicker than top of foot. Very durable (I have some 30 years old that haven't worn through the sole. Ok, I didn't wear them that often all the years because I was trying to save them, not knowing how I could replace them, but still. Very durable. High nylon content. Warm, knee length. My original inspiration for a more durable pair of commercial crew socks.
on August 16, 2012
My husband works with concrete and needed some extra toe cushion and such. These socks are the real deal. They are holding up when I wash them and other than the typical dirt stains, they arent falling scrunching or balling up on him. He says they are making a huge difference for toe comfort. Make sure you get these before you buy new boots cuz they are thick and may be too snug if your boots are pretty fitted. Or just hope you can break in a lil more stretch to the leather on your existing boots.
on March 17, 2012
Comfortable and keeps my feet from feeling tired as I walk on concrete floors at work! Not sure I will able to wear them this summer down here in Texas because they are so thick. Cooler weather they are great!
on July 18, 2012
I have had these socks for months now and cannot say enough good things about them . I work on my feet 9 hours a day 5 days a week and these socks really help . VERY cushioned . I have used Thor Lo socks in the past but didn't want to pay the big bucks for them . Got these socks and am very happy with them . After lots of times thru the washer they haven't changed a bit still very soft and cushy.
on September 24, 2011
My boyfriend loves these socks so much he has already ordered another pack of them. He works long hours on his feet in steel toe boots so comfort and durability are very important. After comparing a lot of brands, I felt the price was very good for the quality of this sock. I was pleasantly surprised after placing my order to learn that the customer service from the seller was outstanding.