Automotive Holiday Deals Up to 50% Off Select Books Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now Tikes

on May 5, 2011
I have an old Harmony acoustic I have been trying to refurnish over the last year. I wasn't looking to spend too much time or cash on it (it has been used and abused), but it still produces a beautiful tone. I was however having a problem with my 1st and 3rd strings staying tuned. My guitar still had the original tuning machines oon it, and they were very worn.

That being said, these were a perfect fit for what I needed. They seem to be of decent quality, and have been holding tuning well, even under stress of a capo. The bushings that came with them are cheap, so I used the bushings that were already in the headstock and that worked out just fine.

If you are looking to get your old guitar playable again, these seem to be the way to go. Definitly not the most beautiful set, or the MOST sturdy, but they do the job.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2011
Great Product. They look amazing on my black Fender acoustic compared to the chrome ones come with the guitar. I used them as replacements because the stock ones broke off when there was to much tension and with the open back they are easily greased. I would buy them again, but the only thing I didn't like doing was drilling the back of the guitar head stock because new tuning knobs were smaller where the screw holes are in comparison to the one already in place.
on August 20, 2011
Delivery was very prompt, and the package arrived with everything as shown. The only thing was I had to drill new holes into my guitar in order to fit them, but that's not the manufacturer's fault. They are relatively easy to install, and they hold the tune for my guitar pretty well! With these new pegs, tuning is much easier, compared to the old and rusted ones I had before. Overall, great product for its price!
on February 18, 2011
You absolutely CAN NOT beat this price. Most Tuning pegs go for $50+ which is sick. I used three of the 6 for my cigar box guitar, and having three more makes me want to build another one.
Awesome fast shipping too.
Thanks Gitty!
on November 23, 2012
It say's "Ecomomy" meaning there cheap. I've got a better term, inexpensive ! And they are built well and look good, There is one set of 3 for the right and one set of 3 for the left just like they should be. If I thought they were a crap product I would not waste my time with a review. And they would have been sent back. Look plain and simple, if you have an acoustic guitar and the tuners are junk or just plain wore out, these will raise the value and make it easy to tune.Great Inexpensive Tuners at a time when bargains are in dire need.

P.S. They look nice too!
on April 1, 2014
Despite reading reviews which assuaged my concerns that they would fit perfectly with my electric guitar, these tuners arrived and I found they did not line up with the existing drilled holes from my old closed gear tuner head.

Not a huge deal, I went ahead and drilled a couple 1/16" inch holes in the head in the only position where the tuning knob would barely clear the side of the head of the guitar, so obviously the tuner I put in doesn't stick out nearly as far as the OEM ones which came with the guitar and it looks a bit awkward. I suppose I could replace them all but that'd be a lot of drilling and work and it's just an aesthetic thing so I don't care that much considering the others all work for now.

Also as someone else said, the screw heads strip easily as I was trying to get them tight in there; and the plate on the tuner doesn't fit perfectly flat against the back of the head of the guitar and was a tiny bit loose. Once you get the string on there and apply some tension it stops rattling and should be fine, so again, not a big deal.

So ultimately this worked on my guitar as a replacement tuning head, but there were a couple of small annoying hurdles to clear to get it to work, hence the 3 stars.

One more thing; some of the older reviews I believe said that all 6 of the heads were the same direction. Mine came 3L and 3R, so 3 for each side of your guitar head. I believe that's how it's advertised, as well, so you can be fairly sure that they've sorted it out and yours will come 3 and 3, as well.

I just added another star (went from 3 to 4) because somewhat ironically enough right after I wrote my review I went to restring a different guitar, a 10 year old Yamaha acoustic electric guitar specifically, and found that one of the tuners was loose in the mechanics and wasn't tightening/tuning. I figured I'd give another one of these tuning heads I bought a shot and while it doesn't fit perfectly in the hole left by the old head (it's a bit smaller but it doesn't affect the sound or tension) and I had to drill two small holes for the screws in the back of the head of the guitar like I did with the other guitar to mount the new tuning head, it works perfectly.

So ultimately I give these tuners another star for versatility as I seems like if you're willing to put a bit of work in then you have a solid replacement tuner head for virtually any guitar when you need one (or six).
on January 22, 2015
I ordered these under the false assumption that tuner post length was standard across guitars (This perception was fostered by the fact that so few sellers provide dimensions on their tuners). As it turns out, *most* guitars will work with tuner posts of this length, but not all. These didn't protrude sufficiently from my 3/4" thick headstock, so I couldn't use them. Nevertheless, the tuners seemed to be off relatively high quality for this type of budget device, and they were delivered very quickly. As long as you can live with a 26 mm tuner post height, you'll likely be happy.
on April 30, 2013
I put these on a cheap acoustic guitar (less than $200) that somehow lost a machine head with time. They have a nice tight feel to them and look wonderful. The guitar will stay in tune for weeks or longer. The small detail in the mounting plate behind the machine is fantastic little detail. The supplied screws were slightly longer than the originals on my guitar, which was helpful because the holes lined up exactly with the holes of the old machines. Shipping was very quick arrived in about 3 days from across the country.
on April 10, 2011
These tuners are just what they claim to be. They have a old time look about them that goes well for my cigar box guitars that I build. Yes, they are economy tuners, but I've had no trouble with them. Also, I received them in less time than was quoted to me. Since the first time I bought them, I have ordered them again and have received the same great service.
on June 8, 2013
My husband asked me to order these for him to use on his cigar box guitar. He had already spent twice this amount on other machine heads locally and none of them were working for him. These worked perfectly, even reordered more this week and he was so excited when he got them in the mail. We recommend this product.

See 1 answered question