4.0 out of 5 stars Workbench
I got this table from the different retailer, quite chipper...
For the price, I expected something very basic. Boy, was I wrong. First, the assembly was easy and fun. You NEED to read the instructions (very straightforward).
Published on December 11, 2011 by Leonid Litinsky

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Workbench if you are willing to work at assembly.
Received package promptly. Slight damage to the thick cardboard packaging but no damage to contents.

Published 19 months ago by Joe Rafferty

4.0 out of 5 stars Workbench, December 11, 2011
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
I got this table from the different retailer, quite chipper...
To my surprise, the quality of the wood is great, (solid oak). Yes, I have made some improvements. I used glue for all the joints, fill up all the screw holes, apply better finish, put better drawer handles, etc.
It took my about 8+ hours to complete the assembly and finish all the improvements, but it well worth the time and effort. The result, is fine solid worktable, that is in pair with much more expensive benches on the market.
If you have time and some basic skills, don't think twice...
I'll post the photo in a few days.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Workbench if you are willing to work at assembly., December 17, 2012
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)

Overall the workbench was worth the purchase, especially at the additional off on the sale pricing. I don't think that I could have purchased the wood alone for that price. Fit and finish of the major pieces is better than you would expect at this price point. However, some of the smaller pieces did not fit well or easily. Had to go to the chop saw and power sander to get things sized up. Still, the main bench was well worth the price.

One big negative is the drawer slides. They are virtually worthless. There are no bearings in the slide so the fit is basically a cheap dovetail design channel bar that has no adjustment. The fit was so poor that I took apart the drawer case, removed the glides from the drawers, installed new glides I purchased and then built a new box for the drawers to fit into that rested under the bench in a little different design that on the picture. The glides supplied only allowed about a third of the drawer to extend out; the new ones are full extension so I get to use what are pretty solid, good drawers.

If you are looking for a solid but inexpensive workbench and are willing/able to modify for fit and function, this bench will do nicely. I rate it only 3 stars because of the fit of the drawers and the work I had to do to get them functional.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice table, January 7, 2012
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
they sell the exact same thing at harbor freight for about 170 just check the web site for your self

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Love It, February 24, 2013
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
I too Bought the one that is just like this workbench only mine came from Harbor Freight & Tools. Being the only difference is the handles and the wood vise end's on the handle other than that it is the very same workbench so I will try to review this one also. I put mine together by my self and took my time, three hour's. So first thing I did was to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ALL THE WAY THROUGH AND VERY CAREFULLLY (CAREFULLY). So I started by makeing the drawers first all four of them. Now I also did one thing that is not talked about in the directions GLUEING, yes I glued all the drawers together useing a well knowen strong (APE) glue and at first I did one drawer with out glue and it was not solid or sturdy at all so I took it apart and glued it and WOW it was like night and day so tight and solid also I used 1" 1/4 wood screws on the drawers and it really also helped make them more solid. Now you Do not have to do the over kill that I did I'm sure the #8 1" screws would do fine I just like over kill. BUT I DID NOT USE MY 1" 1/4 SCREWS ON THE CENTER BRACE THAT IS SCREWED TO THE UNDERSIDE OF THE BENCH TOP THEY WOULD COME THROUGH THE TOP IF I DID, SO DO NOT!! Now as I built the rest of the work bench I also glued it as much as I could and that really made a difference in the solidness of the bench. I think the reason they do not recomend glueing is if a person does not like the bench once it is built you can take it apart and return it but if glued you CAN NOT return it!!!! I really like this work bench I think for the money it is well built and really well built, also it really is solid when it is put together and I have it in my office/bedroom/workshop and it fits in nicely very nicely with all other office furniture. I also ordered a steal work shop vice and a magnafying ajustable light you know for the tiny work ( I'm 54 my eye's. LOL) and small parts it's also very nice to have felt lined drawer's and the wood vise is a nice thing too. BUT the holes on the bench work top that are for the vice if you do not use tape or some kind of a plug the dirt and saw dust will fall into the drawer's now tape will only last for awhile so I'm going to the hardware store and find some sort of a plastic or metal plug that can tapped in with a hammer on the underside. they shouldn't have drilled the holes all the way through the top peice, other than thoes things I can not find anything Wrong with this workbench. Now I am very picky and I mean picky when I spend a lot of my money I want a good product and while I feel this is not a $2000.00 bench It better perform like one for me. and I feel It does comes very close it is also sanded very nice and smooth and all joints are well joined and glued. When I find the plugs for the holes on the underside of the work bench top I will Come back and list where I found them. OK I FOUND THE PLUGS at the orange hardware store they are 5/8" white nylon plug made by Crown bolt part # 14958 PUT THEM in from the bottom and you can still be able to use the steel anvil in the hole it just wont go as deep but still works or just push it out and reinstal again hope this helps you guys BACK AGAIN. i JUST FINISHED PUTTING ON CASTERS on my workbench and it raised it up by 4" 5/8" and they swivel to i got them from hand trucks and casters (Swivel Caster with 3-1/2" Maroon on Gray Polyurethane Wheel w/ Total Lock Brake and they are one well made wheel very tight no slop or wiggle at all only $9.99 each now my bench is at a very nice hight of 38" and thats a lot better. this company is on ebay or [...] if you want wheels these are it I bought them in a set of four. next I am puting on a ajustable light more later and pictures!!

4.0 out of 5 stars useful bench, January 28, 2012
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
From the Pictures shown, this is identical to the workbench I bought from Harbor Freight including the shown hardware. It cost me 149$ on sale reg price 199$. It is very sturdy and was built in 1-2 hours. Very happy except drawers are a bit shallow and only pull 1/2 way out. (So they don't collapse with heavy tools). I'm building guitars and do repairs/remodelling around the house which means planning and sizing wood and also use it for auto repair. The comparable bench from Woodcraft and Rockler is from Europe and is 499$ without the vise. That one is knotty pine and the scantlings weren't as good. Some of the knots had actually dropped out! This one is good and solid. If you're a beginning woodworker who wants to become serious, I would strongly suggest this one to work with as you decided which ideal 1500$ workbench would really work for you. If you are a beginning woodworker and never expect to become more than that, then this would be ideal forever. Harbor Freight is notorious for sometimes poor workmanship....this however is offset by their good return policies. (This workbench is excellent so don't worry.) People complain but I know one person who bought a 7x10 metal lathe...had to take back 4 times but the 5th has lasted him for years.

By the way, think 10 times before you buy the "extended warrantee" particulary if it's more than 10% of the original cost. These almost always are ripoffs and is how a lot of discount companies make there money back. The original warrantee usually lasts 1 year....if a product has lasted that long...it will probably last forever.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievably Poor Product, December 2, 2012
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
Where do I start? Item was packed with finish still wet so the styrofoam and cardboard packing materials were adhered to the wood pieces. Had to be scraped off with a putty knife then sanded, not on one or two components, but on all but a single leg assembly. Holes for leg hardware were not aligned properly. I had to fabricate my own hardware and drill new holes to attach the legs. Drawer guides were INSTALLED BACKWARDS on the center panel of the drawer case assembly. I had to completely disassemble the panel and reattach the guides before installing the center panel. Drawers work, but just barely. Very hard to open and close. I would have to install all new guides for 4 drawers to make it workable. Bottom line, the first workbench I ever built using leftover 2x4's and MDF is head and shoulders better than this piece of crap. For this price I did not expect a Sjoberg, but I did expect something workable. If it was not such a pain to butt to repack, I would return this thing. Nothing but moderately expensive kindling. Oh, and the delivery company did not deliver on the day they scheduled, after I took the afternoon off to accept the shipment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workbench, but assembly could be better, November 25, 2012
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
Bought this bench from Harbor Freight. With coupon it was $139. Overall, this is a good deal if you are ok with a bench that has a poor finish (not a big deal for me). The bench is solid hardwood (not sure it's oak, but may be some semi-exotic Asian wood -- same stuff they make pallets out of). Once you get it together, it's very solid. However, the one I got was missing a couple of small dowels that are used to position key parts (left leg and the center drawer partition). I tried assembling it without the positioning dowels and wound up with the drawers not fitting. I took it all apart, found a couple of dowels in my junk hardware collection and reassembled it. Drawers now work fine.

Just a couple of caveats that you need to know about this. While I was assembling it, I cursed it. The screws seem to be #6's and in many cases, if you even slightly over-torqued them, they would strip out. I replaced a lot of them with #8's and they worked better. If you get frustrated with assembly and want something that goes together easily, this will be a challenge. Most of the small screws are Phillips, but the larger, heavier hardware is Torx. Get a Torx bit instead of using the supplied Allen-type wrench and the assembly will be easier. I suspect the factory that cut the parts had a pretty dull blade on the day(s) they cut the parts for my bench. The wood definitely smelled and looked burned and that smell is with me today.

The enclosed vise is usable, but nothing to rave about. It fits loosely and like everything else about this bench, its fit and finish is poor. However, it works. The bench also includes 8 bench dogs -- 4 flat, square metal ones that fit into pre-drilled holes in the top and in the top of the vise and 4 peg-type bench dogs that also fit well and work fine. The bench dogs are a very nice, unexpected plus.

Bottom line, this is a sturdy bench with some limitations. Be careful assembling it and you will be fine. Just don't expect top-notch fit and finish.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality Control, January 10, 2013
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
Like many others I purchased this through Harbor Freight for $120, which is a heck of a steal and why I didn't rate 1 star.

Material quality is great for the price. Mostly solid wood and nice looking. The problem was the craftsmanship. First, one of the leg cross supports broke for no reason. Returned just that piece to the store (1hr round trip) and got a good replacement. Next, one leg piece had a hole about 1/2" off. I would have redrilled but then it would have been 2 overlapping holes which I didn't like. Another trip to the store. Installed the rest of the bench and everything fit great and looked good. When I went to put the drawers into the slides, the first one caused the slide to fall apart and bearings went everywhere. Then I managed to get 2 others in properly but they were completely out of alignment. The drawers were VERY crooked. Since it is all predrilled, it wasn't due to my screwup. After this I decided to just return the entire bench which was a royal PITA. I could only take so much. If I wanted to spend $20-30 on new drawer slides I could have MAYBE made due with a few more modifications, but I just didn't want to bother. I wouldn't bother for the money, even though it can be found for well under $150.

4.0 out of 5 stars All the Woodworker's Workbench Most of us Need, December 3, 2012
E. Halpern (West Virginia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
If you can honestly make yourself believe that you are going to become an expert woodworker (in this lifetime...) save up your money and treat yourself to a fine bench that costs thousands of dollars. If your expectations run towards a more modest level of skill, run down to Harbor Freight and pick up one of these for just $127 (with a 20% off coupon good until the end of December 2012.)

Earlier reviewers gave this item some really bad reviews because of poor fit and holes not drilled in the right places. Since then, somebody has obviously travelled to China and got everything straightened out at the factory that churns these out. My workbench went together smoothly, included extra hardware in a specially marked baggie (which I did not need) and resulted in a pleasant very experience.

I actually used to assemble knocked down drawers for a living. Don't ask. I would have thought I was in heaven if those drawers went together as perfectly as these. The four drawers on this workbench work very smoothly and glide on their tracks neatly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Workbench!, July 23, 2012
This review is from: 60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers (Misc.)
Picked one up at my local Harbor Freight for $144 with a coupon from Wood magazine. Well made and very solid. Nice materials and the instructions even made sense! Took about an hour and a half to assemble. Well worth the price!

60" Hardwood Workbench with 4 Drawers