Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Style Name: 612UA|Change

on March 12, 2013
No CD and no cassette means no moving parts, so it should last pretty long. One tip, make sure your Mp3s have good sound quality, or you'll have one song loud and another one soft. It installs just like any other unit, and it's light weight. I think it's great!
on August 1, 2015
Solid head unit. Worth every penny. Radio performance can be a little sketchy at times so if you listen to the actual radio, this may not be for you. Everything else works flawlessly. Installation difficulty is going to be determined by your particular vehicle but it fits perfectly in a single-DIN adapter (even if the adapter is double-DIN sized, the unit fits into the space intended for a single-DIN receiver).
on February 20, 2015
I returned the first unit that I purchased because it had a weird power quirk. I checked multiple times to make sure that I followed the proper wiring guide. When I got the replacement, I had the same exact issue. I found that when I started the car, I would have to turn the power off and then power it back on to have any sound output at all. This was a cheap replacement for a stock head unit.
There are a few design annoyances with this thing, mainly with the display. It does not serve much of a purpose at all. It will not simply display the clock. You have to hold a display button to see the time for a few seconds before it disappears, which can be a distraction from driving. The input or FM frequency you're on is the only info normally displayed. It also has an audio spectrum visualization that bounces in behind the outline of a car, but it is a preset animation and just flashes constantly for no rhythm or reason. - all of which I could have lived with for a budget option, but the deal breaker is that it simply doesn't operate without holding down the power knob EVERY time you get in your car. I will be replacing this as soon as I can justify the purchase of a better one.
It gets 1 star for ease of install and serving it's intended purpose, albeit without functioning properly.
the seller earned it's second star for having a great return policy and fast shipping
the negatives: interface is counter intuitive, doesn't sound bad, but doesn't sound that good either
conclusion: My personal advice would be to spend just a tad more for something with a friendlier interface and will hopefully sound better.
on November 6, 2013
First Head Unit I put in after my stock radio. Great because I needed a cheap radio that would let me use an aux cable. That is the main use i have for this radio, its a decent head unit for the low price. I've had it about a year and am now looking for a better head unit. The only problem i can find with this unit is that it (unlike my stock unit) allows a noticeable engine whine and constant whine, pretty much if the volume is at all low, the whine is very noticeable, but I blast the radio anyways, still its a bit annoying and even with 2 noise suppression installed they've drastically reduced the noise/whine but i have never been able to GET RID OF IT! One of the main reasons why Im buying a better more expensive unit. The other issue with this unit is it only has 2 RCA inputs in the back...Caught me off guard when i was a novice in car audio, i had to get 2 y splitters for a total of 4 RCA so i could have all my speakers, 2 front 2 back. the issue tho is i have no/limited control of the Balance and Fade. because the unit only offers left and right RCA's (that i split into 4), and i am going to be adding sub woofers to my audio system, which reqire more RCA plugs...so that is the main reason why i am buying a different unit. LIKE I SAID, THIS IS AN AWESOME STARTER UNIT and the cheap price was very nice. but its time for me to spend some money and get a better Unit.
on July 31, 2015
Does an amazing job for the price. Sounds great and is very simple to use. Not the best looking receiver out there but a lot better than most factory stereos and sounds way better than it looks. Got this for my daily driver car and couldn't be happier. If you're just looking for a nice up to date factory replacement for a reasonable price then you should go ahead and pick this up.
on October 17, 2012
This is a good enough product but the memory card and auxiliary ports sound terrible. Spend an extra few dollars if you want something other than a radio. With that said the sound that is give with this is quit good. If I was selling a car I would buy this for that but not for my own .
on November 9, 2013
I was a bit nervous since I never replaced a radio before this one. It was pretty easy and this radio works as expected. Sound is good and the price was amazing. I was a bit concerned when reading other reviews but this worked right out of the box. I had to installed the new wiring but it was all color coded and easy to connect to the existing system.
on July 17, 2013
For a simple cheap upgrade from stock on my 1997 Saturn SL, This stereo delivered and more, The lack of CD support was only a minor hindrance considering how common SD cards are and how they have a greater capacity anyway. The stereo gave me further control over the output of my speakers, and over all looks better. The only problem is that the stereo doesn't fit properly in the harness the factory stereo had, and will have to be dealt with seperately. Considerring how this was my first stereo installation I am very pleased with the simplicity of the prelabeled wires.
on October 4, 2014
Great Value. 33$ shipped.
Exactly as advertised.
Works 100% as expected (havent tried SD card or 3.5mm yet... just USB)

Good power, good sound.
EZ install - it's light and Very shallow...

REALLY woke up the old factory speakers in my '86 Cougar.

Annoying display featuring dancing music bars which ARE NOT synced to music in any way Lol...
a piece of black electrical tape covered that up, and the stupid 'Bug' icon ..

A Great choice to replace an old cassette deck or CD player to get access to yur MP3 library with good fidelity.
on November 8, 2015
I like it very much. Very good sound. Easy to install and operate. The only thing, I can not set up the view of the time to know the hour just taking a look to the radio. But is not an issue for giving 5 stars.