Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now May4th

Size Name: 1 Pack|Change
Price:$3.98+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on February 26, 2010
I do random electrical work, and a lot of electrical and mechanical work with cars and motorcycles, stereo installs, whatever comes up, etc. I haven't used cheap electrical tape for at least 12 years since I first found how much better the higher quality tapes are.

I now only use scotch 33+ tape, or the Scotch 88 if I need a thicker tape (I usually use the 88 on my motorcycle and auto work since it's thicker and more protective against both moisture and heat/cold.)

When wrapped correctly I've never had it come off, it's simply excellent.
on November 28, 2010
I was planning an alarm/remote start installation in my wife's SUV and decided to buy a quality tape for the install. I typically use heat shrink tubing as much as possible since it's a very permanent insulation and tape has never lasted too long and especially comes undone in heat and over time. I found that this tape was rated really highly and cost quite a bit more than my $1 rolls of tape from radio shack or Home Depot. I learned a valuable lesson; quality tape is much better than economy tape. I didn't think there would be a big difference but there is. This tape is very flexible, sticks to itself well, and I have great confidence that it will last for years to come. Pay the extra few bucks to get this tape, it's really worth it.
on November 19, 2013
As a Telephone Repairman in the 1970-80's I have literally placed hundreds of rolls of vinyl tape on electrical wire. The Phone Company used a tape they referred to as "F-Vinyl Tape". I thought that stuff was good tape however this Super 33+ tape is several levels better than the Telco tape. The tape is thin, strong and stretches well onto whatever you're trying to insulate.

This tape is actually a standard used by the radio communications community on coaxial connectors placed on towers.

One tip: If you cut the "tape end" with scissors rather than stretch it until it breaks, the tape tends to not retract and come loose on the end of the splice after a few months. Other words; stretch the tape on to the splice as required EXCEPT right at the end of the tape run. If you use the "stretch cut" at the end of the tape, the "stretch tension" placed in the tape will tend to pull itself off the tape run and you get a loose piece of tape hanging from your splice which will only get longer over time. The last few inches should be placed gently and thoroughly after being cut with scissors.

Anyway, this 3M Super 33+ tape is good stuff.
on July 17, 2013
Technical Info:
If you want the best chance of Quality, unlike most "CCS" Cheap China Stuff) products, 3M is always the best quality and bang for the buck.

Per 3M techs: This Super 33+ is identical to the Super 88 Electrical Tape - Except the Super 88 is thicker by .023 mm which may not seem like much but you can definitly feel the difference when stretching a wrap on. The extra thickness means longer UV life.

If you want to seal out moisture and rain - 1st seal it with the 3M Scotch 2228 Rubber Mastic Tape, which basically bonds together when wrapped, then wrap the Super 33+ or the Super 88 (prefered all weather tape). This is why I gave this a 4 star and not a 5 star for UV applications

One other tip with the electrical tape application - don't stretch the last 2 or 3 wraps because the tension will give a better chance for it to come loose.

Hope this helps the all you DIYers (Do I Yourselfers)
on October 1, 2011
I've been using this stuff for almost ten years. Its expensive for what it is but there really is no alternative.
The adhesion does break down after a few years but it still holds better then the rest.
on December 28, 2011
This stuff is the real deal. I have used a lot of electrical tape around the house for electronics and most of the time, it does not last. I have also used it for my masonry job for replacing and fixing conduits that I destroy because thats what masons do; if its in the way, break it and get it out of the way.

Anyway, most of the time we use the cheaper walmart or homedepot brands but I decided to try a higher grade tape. It is completely worth it as it lasts longer and sticks to seemingly everything. It also seems a lot thicker and harder to rip than the average e-tape. This is definitely a good thing, especially when using it outside where it is exposed to the elements. This stuff wears like iron and stays stuck to what you want it to.

It is easier to have a knife or scissors to cut this as it is very tough tape. I have not tried it, but it is also flame retardent and provides a water-tight seal when pulling it tight enough, taking advatage of the stretch ability of the tape. For the price, it is completely worth it as one roll will last quite a while for everday chores around the house. It is absolutely second to none when using in the out-of-doors. Great stuff, I highly recommend over the cheaper tape.
on December 23, 2013
Electric tape is a necessity in every home. In my case, I use a CPAP machine to help me breath at night. One night I woke up to a busted outlet on the machine. It literally melted and was leaking air so bad it made it impossible to go back to sleep. Black electric tape to the rescue. 100% seal produced in seconds. And then few weeks until you visit your doctor, get a script and have the new part shipped to you. Meanwhile the tape never wavered or got loose or anything. Did I say life saver, literally.
In this order I received Scotch 3M tape (3/4 inch wide and 66 feet long) in a plastic storage container. I attached a photo of the tape and the container which can be found by following 'customer photos' link under the main photo.

I always have electrical tape in my tool box. Electrical tape does a nice job preventioning shorts, which can start fires as well as stop electrocutions if the live wire is touched by someone. I use it on various wire-related small projects I do at the house.

Electrical tape can too old. How can you tell? I noticed that my old tape became tacky on both sides and lost some of its elasticity. I purchased this new tape and was quite pleased that it came in the plastic container. I already used the tape on a project, and it is nicely tacky and holds well.

Electrical tape is applied to a wire by rolling the tape the wire in a coil-like fashion. It is important to overlap each layer so there are no gaps to ensure good insulation and to keep moisture or condensation from reaching the wire. While wrapping the tape I pull on it slightly so its elastic property is engaged. The tape's elasticity helps keep it tight and snug to the wire.

Electrical tape comes in several colors. Black electrical tape is most common, it does not indicate any color code. It can be used outdoors as it impervious to ultraviolet radiation, which can damage colored electrical tape. White or grey used to indicate neutral wires, green or yellow/green stripe indicate grounding wires.

The tape works well, I like the container, the price is reasonable. I am very pleased with this purchase.

Ali Julia review
review image
on August 23, 2010
This is an excellent quality electrical tape. It is very sticky and doesn't come undone even in cold weather. The lesser grades of electrical tape will unravel off themselves or won't even stick to itself to being with. I have the Scotch electrical tapes in every color so I can color code taping in my projects. For connections that will be exposed to weather, I sometimes use a couple coats of liquid electrical tape then cover with this excellent Scotch 33+.
Technical Info:

Hope this helps the all you DIYers (Do I Yourselfers)