Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on April 30, 2011
This is a really great pool float - here's why:

1. It's so comfortable. Depending on how fully you like the back rest inflated you can almost sit right up, or lean back. The arm rests are just perfect too.

2. It's durable : mine has been subject to quite boisterous use - it's been used in pool party "tournaments" with races, collisions and the like, and not a problem!

3. You still get wet. This is definitely a pro (you are in the water after all). I hate when it's just too hot lying on the plastic and you start sticking to the seat. All too common in an Australian summer. But with this one, you can wriggle down and get your feet up to your knees wet, kick around the pool (great for racing!) and get generally wet enough to offset any overheating that may be taking place. It's much better than those rafts where you are truly just baking atop the water. It's also nice to paddle with your arms, kick through that hole and zip around the pool, staying cool generally getting in people's way (usually the people who want to have a turn on your lounge) Depending on the way you lean back, you can also get the water coming up through and around the back rest to keep you cool. Of course, if you don't want to get too wet, you just have to get your angle right and it's perfectly fine.

4. The colors. Just a personal preference, but it screams summer to me.
11 comment|77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 3, 2010
I LOVE this raft! I have 4 of them already and would suggest this to anyone! The cup holder fits any size drink and will hold it in there if you tip. I have hit trees and rocks with this raft and it still has not got a hole in it. I go tubing down rivers all summer so when I got this raft I wasnt sure how it would hold up. But I love it. I also got a blue one but I would take this one over ANY other raft! It keeps your head up so you can see everyone. the backrest really works, it isnt cheap. great buy!
on May 3, 2015
These floaties are our go to inflatable lounge for several years running. They are sturdy, I am a big & tall man and these keep me afloat for hours. Because the price is reasonable I buy 2 or 3 every year. Some for people in the pool and one for our Golden Retriever who likes to float on these also [see photo] I've tried more expensive inflatables for the pool but these are the best I have found for my needs. Th dog has nails that can pierce thinner plastic but these hold up and other brands/styles do not have the buoyancy that these King Kool do, I end up sinking in other brands because they are cheap, I leave them inflated all pool season, after the following winter they get discolored and I eventually toss them in the garbage knowing I will replace in the warm months. I usually buy them at Target in the summer for similar price as Amazon but at retail stores they are only available certain months of the year and they go fast. This year I decided to buy here on Amazon early since its already pool season here in Southern CA and luckily I got different colors which is what I wanted. I like that at the end you can put your legs through the large opening on the end and dangle your feet in the water or prop them up. Our dog likes the opening also, he puts his front paws in the water and periodically he dunks his snout and head in the water, its also a place to keep his tennis ball when I am not through it . for him to swim and fetch... see photo
review image
on July 29, 2012
I bought 4 different rafts for my families vacation. All Intex rafts "Floating Recliner" "Sit N Float" "18 Pocket Suntanner" "63X33.5 King Kool". Everyone liked the "Sit N Float" the best. We took the rafts to the lake of the Ozarks.
* Floating recliner will keep you up out of the water. It's a good raft the only issue was the wind. Any wind will push you around quickly in this raft. You are so high that it's a little difficult to row yourself back to where you want to be.
* Sit N Float will keep you in touch with the water. Comfortable. Sometimes I would flip it over so the handles were completely out of the way.
* 18 Pocket Suntanner will throw you off in a heartbeat. Hard to get on and once you do don't move because it will buck you off. I had to take half the air out of it just to get on it somewhat.
* 63x33.5 King Kool is a good raft. It keeps you in touch with the water but supports you well. The hole at the feet is actually a handy. You can choose to hang your feet a little in the water or keep them up.
By the way I'm 5 foot 11. 220 pounds
on June 16, 2011
I was scared these would be too small because of the other reviews and how Amazon says they're not for adults. I'm 5'11" and a size 8 and these were totally fine. It keeps you mostly out of the water but allows some to splash up occasionally so you stay cool. What's the best though is the opening at the end of the lounger which allows you to prop up your feet!
on July 4, 2011
My husband and I live on a river and were looking for great floating rafts.. this package was perfect for both of us. He is tall and fairly big, but it still held him and we both enjoy them very much! He does have to bend his knees a little to fit on or he just hangs them in the water, which is what we like anyway. They leak air after a few weeks of sitting, but not much at all and it is super easy to fill back up.
on April 17, 2015
You heard it here FIRST: The Ocean is no longer just for urination. Now with my handy Intex King Kool Inflatable Lounge (hereto: IKKIL), I be loungin all day. I bought this item to accompany my Intex Sit N Float Lounge (Colors May Vary) 60"x39" for a trip to Aruba so I could test both products with Mrs. Philyodaddy. Well actually I bought it so I could get my lounge on, but the ability to do a side-by-side comparison was a nice byproduct.

I carefully selected both floats because I wanted to enjoy the pool's refreshing/cooling waters (rather than just lying on top of the water on a stando float) while reading my Kindle. Obviously, I used New Version TrendyDigital WaterGuard Waterproof Case for Kindle 1, 2,3 (First, Second and Third Generation Kindle), Kindle Fire and other 6" or 7" Android Tablet (Blue) for the Kindle reading. Philyodaddy isn't taking any chances. Mrs. Philyodaddy loves being refreshed. It is known. IKKIL is as refreshing as it gets.

My IKKIL worked marvelously. I sat reading my kindle with my size 13's in the water and was not bothered except when Mrs. Philyodaddy needed me to do some mundane task like applying the lotion to the skin or get her another glass of champ. It was very comfortable. Even better than my spot on my Bob's couch. My favorite part was the jealous looks that we got from all the amateur hour vacationers who didn't bring their own inflatable floats. Being better than everyone else is certainly not a new thing for the Philyofamily.

My favorite part about this product is the name. The KING KOOL. k-squared. Love Intex being so krazy with the names. Love alliteration. Love everything about it. The King of Kool is Philyodaddy.

NEGATIVE: I had to re-blow it several times because it had problems maintaining maximum inflation level (that's what she said?). Additionally, the drink holder doesn't work very well (which is something I've noticed in other entry-level inflatable rafts). They tilt to the side and you cannot be sure that your (adult) beverage is safe from spilling into the (murky) waters. Work on it Intex. That gets you one full star deduction. I take my drinking very seriously.

Lastly, at $9.65, what a steal! Send me some more of these bad boys. Pool party at philyodaddy's nonexistent pool! I might just sit in one of them in my apartment.
on July 16, 2011
I had one of these loungers when I lived near the ocean. Our beach had a lagoon and it was fantastic to take one of these and just go out a float for a while. I love the hole near the feet, it lets you dip your feet in the water while keeping the rest of you out of the water. The armrests and back make this a very comfortable lounger too. I'd recommend it for pool or beach use.
on September 17, 2010
We have had a pool for over 15 years and have gone through lots of floats. This float is the best!!
on September 4, 2012
This would be great if it lasted. It was not poked or stabbed or squeezed. Just floating in the pool and within days it died. I read reviews that said this and disregarded it thinking something must have happened to deflate them. Apparently not though. We were very careful with this. At first thought it was wonderful. Comfortable and relaxing but only for a few days. Very frustrating to waste the money.