5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great and I am Not a Barbecue or Grilling Chef
I have reserved my judgement on this product until using it several times. Bottom line, it does work great. The neat thing about this grilling device is that you have two options.

Published on June 13, 2009 by El Officianado

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT STAINLESS AS DESCRIBED!
I am really disappointed because is not stainless steel, it is chrome plated.

I would have picked a different product. Please correct the desciption
Published 13 months ago by T. Darkins

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great and I am Not a Barbecue or Grilling Chef, June 13, 2009
El Officianado (Pensacola, Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WEBER 6428 STAINLESS STEEL POULTRY & BEER CAN CHICKEN ROASTER (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Lawn & Patio)

Option One: Insert open beer can in the center of this device (device holds beer can perfectly) and set chicken onto it. Place on grilling grate over large drip pan set between charcoal holders (grilling via indirect heat). Cover grill and cook until done (about an hour assuming you started with hot heat).

Option Two: Forget about the nasty beer can. Set chicken on device. Place a large drip pan between the charcoal holders (grilling via indirect heat), pour beer of choice into drip pan (Samuel Adams Boston Lager works for me). Place the "mounted" chicken on the grilling grate above the drip pan. Cover grill. Cook until done (about an hour assuming you started with hot heat).

As for spices: salt, pepper, crushed garlic cloves under skin, BBQ seasoning over chicken; use whatever is your preference for either of the above two options.

I used Option Two, and even my wife who is as picky as a food critic, if not worse (believe me), said the result was the best chicken I have grilled to date. She actually loved it. Happy grilling to all of you.

Lastly, product made of a solid heavy gauge metal (same finish as Weber grill grates); no non-stick chemical finish to contaminate food (if that is your concern); gives you the option of not using an aluminum beer can; cleanup is made easier when using the holder than when cooking directly on the cooking grate; and you definitely cannot beat the price for a solid Weber product. It is a good deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works good, very stable, May 14, 2014
Karen (Western Mass) - See all my reviews
Weber product name assures quality. Very happy with performance, I like the handles for carrying the unit off the grill. However, those same handles take up additional space on the grill. Overall happy with the purchase, but if I purchase another holder I may consider other brands as well.

Update: I purchased another brand of holder that was recently on sale at a local hardware store. The brand was Mr. Barbecue. That unit also provided a stable base for the beer can chicken, but when it came to taking it off the grill the Weber holder was much easier. I wanted to also add that the Weber holder was much easier to clean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool for beer can chicken grilling., September 10, 2014
John Bruton (Boones Mill, VA) - See all my reviews
It's sad this grill accessory is being discontinued. It is perfect for making beer can chicken as it adds stability to the whole shakey process. You don't get your hands burned, the chicken stays put on the grill, it's easy to take the chicken off the grill without spilling any beer or getting your hands messy, and the can holder holds the can firmly. Right tool for the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, July 3, 2014
I cooked two whole chickens using these on my 18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, and they turned out great. These bases are super stable, and both chickens fit in the smoker just fine. Great for the price, very happy with my choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars makes a mean beer can chicken~, April 29, 2014
I got this to make beer can chicken in after having it at my friends house and this thing really does a great job of keeping the bird up right and in optimal position for soaking up the evaporating beer

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT STAINLESS AS DESCRIBED!, January 27, 2014
T. Darkins (Cincinnati, OH) - See all my reviews
I am really disappointed because is not stainless steel, it is chrome plated.

I would have picked a different product. Please correct the desciption

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for my roast duck, January 15, 2014
Marlin (Mercer Island, WA USA) - See all my reviews
I used it to roast my duck. The duck skin needs to be dry and crispy so it must be erected so that it is not drenched with it's own oil. I used an empty coke can in the middle of the roaster and it held the duck steadily. Very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% recommended!, November 5, 2013
making a smoked beer chicken was one of the summer project that I had.... it took me for ever to actually do it but the out come was definitively worth! the holder is nice, strong and sturdy... worked perfectly!! 100% recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the handles, July 15, 2013
Robert D. McFarlane (Madison, WI United States) - See all my reviews
Works great to lift the chicken on and off the grill. In the past I'd just balance my chicken on the beer can and risk burning myself taking it off. With this I'm able to lift it with gloves and then carefully remove the chicken.

5.0 out of 5 stars You will love it!!!!!!, October 6, 2012
Chicken never tasted so good
Easy to use
Bought one for myself and for my brothers family
They love it also