Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
asked by rochu168 on October 23, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
The 920 cartridges can be refilled running on HP6500. I have done this since May 2010. Just do before it run of ink or giving you warning. I have also bought the aftermarket emptry cartidge and it works too. You just have to move the little computer chip to the new cartidge. A relatively simple job using a razor blade to remove it. The left over glue on the chip is good enough to stick to the new cartridge.
V. Wu answered on September 8, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for the information. I don't print too much but have always refilled the cartridges for many years. I did not upgrade my two old HP printers because I suspect the newer cartridges cannot be refilled. The manufacturers want to sell ink cartridges (can't blame them, it is liquid gold). I bought this printer already. Hopefully the ink cost isn't too excessive.
rochu168 answered on October 28, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Welcome. Having the 920XLs refilled is more expensive than your home refills, but it's cheaper than buying HP-Gold". The big XL black is rated around 1200+ pages. I set the software preferences for "grayscale", "fast draft" and "light ink" coverage, and it looks great for everyday use and quite economical. Color is turned on only as needed. Excellent printer -- have not seen any delays in printing that others have mentioned. Really like it. Best of luck!
x answered on October 28, 2010

A
My 6500 Model E709A has a 920XL black cartridge and regular 920 cartridges for color. That's all the room there is for them in the cartridge carrier. I don't see how the color XL cartridges could possibly fit in it. The black XL is twice as wide as the regular 920s. Are the color XLs just taller, maybe?
PolarMan answered on June 24, 2011

A
Printer error when installed brand new cartridges;
Cartridges are missing or damaged.
HOw can this be fixed.
Lisa R. Romie answered on June 27, 2011

A
I can't confirm that it's an ink-sucking pig. I do know that commercial ink cart stores (like Cartridge World) will refill the 920 series carts for a reasonable price, much cheaper than buying new carts. The larger "XL" sized carts (color and black) are very economical per page. Finally, you can set the software to print in draft and low-ink economy mode to conserve ink and save money.
If you do high volume work look for a cheap laser with a reloadable toner unit.
x answered on October 27, 2010
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product