Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

Length: 6 ft.|Style: Displayport|Change

on February 8, 2011
I bought Premium 6ft Displayport Male to HDMI Male Dual Tone Cable for my new ThinkPad T410 (2522W7N) with NVIDIA NVS 3100M hoping to have an all-in-one cable for video and audio to connect to my tv (Panasonic TC-L32X2 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV with iPod Dock). However, when I got the cord, I could only get video to work. After much frustration trying to determine whether my computer or the cable was at fault, I saw several forums suggesting trying another cable. I got this cable, which worked perfectly. As other reviewers have noted, make sure your computer/DisplayPort actually supports sending sound through the port, and be sure to change your default audio device to your TV (or other device connected with the cable) through the Sound control panel in Windows once you connect your device.
33 comments|35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2010
I use this cable to hook a Dell Mobile Precision M4500 to a 42-Inch LCD HDTV. The audio didn't work at first so I had to go into the "Sounds and Audio Devices Properties" and change the sound playback device to NVIDIA High Definition Audio. Once that was done, the sound came through.
The picture looks great when I am streaming video which was my primary reason for purchasing this cable.
on September 23, 2011
I purchased this so that I could connect my Dell e6410 laptop to an HDTV. My goal was to get both video and sound through this cable. When I first connected this to the TV (Viewsonic) I did not have any issue getting a video signal, but there was no sound. I discovered that the video driver on the Dell (Nvidia NVS 3100M) was out of date. I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the NVidia website, then tested the connection again - perfect! I now have a good quality video signal and sound using this cable.
This is a heavy gauge and well-shielded cable that has a DisplayPort connector on one end and a HDMI connector on the other.

If you have a Samsung Chromebox (Samsung Series 3 Chromebox), which was just recently introduced in late May, you need this cable in order to connect it to a HDMI monitor or TV. The Chromebox is a computer running Google Chrome OS that can boot in 8 seconds and shut down in 1 second.

Because there are more than one kind of DisplayPort, those reviewers who indicated that this cable did not work for their applications may like to read the following description which I referenced from Wikipedia:

"Compatibility with HDMI, DVI and VGA

Dual-mode DisplayPort can directly emit single-link HDMI and DVI signals using a simple passive adapter that adjusts for the lower voltages required by DisplayPort.[3][23] When dual-mode chipset detects that a DVI or HDMI passive adapter is attached, it switches to DVI/HDMI mode which uses the 4-lane main DisplayPort link and the AUX channel link to transmit 3 TMDS signals, a clock signal and Display Data Channel data/clock. Dual-mode ports are marked with the DP++ logo; most current DisplayPort graphics cards and monitors support this mode.
A notable limitation is that dual-mode can only transmit single-link DVI/HDMI, as the number of pins in the DisplayPort connector is insufficient for dual-link connections; an active converter is needed for Dual-Link DVI (and analog component video such as VGA, since it employs digital to analog conversion). Active conversion can be powered by +3.3 V wire in the DisplayPort connector, but some active adapters require external power.[24]
VESA foresees that all HDMI and DVI conversion will eventually be handled by active adapters which act as DisplayPort Sink devices, in order to facilitate easier updates to latest HDMI and DisplayPort specs, and support dual-link HDMI, DisplayPort connections with either fewer than 4 lanes or different data rates, and multiple DisplayPort streams. It should be noted that DVI 1.0 spec was finalized in 1999 and the DVI industry consortium has since disbanded, so future updates to DVI specification are unlikely; also, although dual-link HDMI Type B connector is defined in the HDMI specification, it has not seen any practical use as of 2012."

The Chromebox has two dual-mode DisplayPort ports that are labeled DP++. This cable does work for this computer.

If you want to move the computer or the monitor, it is best to disconnect both ends of the cable, so as not to cause excessive stress on the connectors.
on October 23, 2011
Bought this cable to connect my laptop to my TV. I have a 46" LCD Samsung and a Dell Latitude. The laptop has a Displayport output. Just plug this into the Displayport on the laptop and the other end into the HDMI on the TV and you are done. Works great without needing any other adapters.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on February 10, 2015
Great video and audio quality. The DP end was very difficult to get out of the computer because the button you push to release it rarely worked first try. The plastic housing actually came off one day (revealing the wires and board) when I was trying to remove it from my computer, didnt use any excessive force, it just stripped right off. Not the highest of quality but if youre just looking for a cheap cable to do the job, this is your guy.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
The manufacturer commented on this review (What's this?)
Kyle, thank you for your feedback. The 582-006 cable ships in a poly bag with the Tripp Lite logo. If you think you didn't receive a genuine Tripp Lite product, you should alert Amazon and return your product to the third party seller. The most reliable way to guarantee an authentic Tripp Lite product is to order a product sold and shipped by Amazon. If you received a defective authentic Tripp Lite product, please reach out to our Chicago-based Tech Support team at 773.869.1234 (M-F, 7am-6pm CST) so we can send you a replacement since the P582-006 comes with a lifetime warranty.
on September 22, 2011
I was looking for a Displayport > HDMI cable to replace the VGA connection from my Lenovo T410 to my 32" HDTV. I read some reviews that said not all cables supported the audio output of the Lenovo T410 but a prior reviewer of this cable indicated it worked with his T410 with Nvidia graphics. I used it on my T410 with Intel integrated graphics and it worked as well. I just wish it came in a 12' version as I had to buy an HDMI coupler as well. That said, this is also working fine with said coupler connected to a 6' HDMI cable.
on January 25, 2014
Ordered the listed Tripp Lite male Displayport to male HDMI adapter cable (Tripp Lite p/n P582-006). I received an unbranded generic cable marked with part number X00JL8K03. It did not match the product pictured in the listing, and failed side-by-side comparison to a genuine Tripp Lite cable. Add to that, the "new" cable arrived with signs of previous use and corroded connectors. Returned it to Amazon for refund because product shipped was definitely not the new, genuine Tripp Lite branded cable being advertised.

Very disappointing experience with this purchase.
on February 24, 2012
I needed to connect a Lenovo T510 to my Dell 24" monitor. The monitor has an HDMI connection and the laptop has a DisplayPort connection. I was using the standard VGA connection and even at high resolution the images were fuzzy. I purchased this cable to improve the display.

The images are much crisper and cleaner with this connection and I can finally take advantage of the high resolution monitor. I spend a lot of time on my computer for both work and home so it is worth it to purchase and the price was great too. I could not even find this type of cable in the retail big box stores.

I have had a few occurrences where the monitor resolution changed to a different resolution after closing and opening the laptop lid. Slightly annoying and I have not seen this with the old VGA connection. But this is not a deal breaker for me. Overall I am happy with this purchase.
on October 31, 2011
Works as represented in the description. Both the video and audio was transferred from my Lenovo T420 to my 1080p LCD TV. As another reviewer pointed out, I wish the cable was 8 or 9 ft long instead of 6 ft. long.

See 1 answered question