5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning about green screen and chromakey
Published on September 24, 2009 by Will Kalif

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent backdrop
I would have gladly paid more for shipping to get it rolled rather than folded - the creases just don't want to come out.
Published on April 27, 2010 by Brandon G. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for learning about green screen and chromakey, September 24, 2009
This review is from: 6'x9' Chromakey Green Screen Backdrop Background Fancierstudio (Camera)
If you want to dabble in the video art of chromakey or green screen this is a terrific low cost way to get started. The fabric is great and the color is very uniform. Nice way to get started without spending too much money. The picture shows stands for the green screen. You don't actually get stands. It says this in the description and I mention it just so you can be sure. I rigged up my own stands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Chromakey Backdrop For Post-Video Editing, March 27, 2012
After reading some of the negative reviews, I was a bit skeptical to buy this product. Some said their backdrop shipped with stains and wasn't a true chromakey green color.
Being only $20 dollars, I thought I would take my chances and see for myself if this was a worthy chromakey green screen for my videos.
Shipping was flawless, and it arrived in the standard Amazon box and the backdrop was nicely secured inside. No problems there.
And after unfolding the backdrop and hanging it inside of my studio, I found this product to be exactly what I paid for - A perfect/inexpensive green screen that wasn't torn or stained, and was the perfect size to fit against one of my studio walls. The backdrop was bright and vivid green and didn't give off that horrible reflection/glare that plastic or paper green screens give off.
And just to test it out, I shot a mini video clip with my DSLR and imported it into iMovie using the "green screen" function. Absolutely no problems whatsoever.
Overall, this was a good buy for me. Maybe some are into this kind of stuff more professionally than I am, but this chromakey does everything that I want it to do, and for a good price.
Just as some advice, be sure to have a sturdy frame to hang your backdrop onto, and some good clamps so you can stretch out the backdrop to reduce wrinkles. And of course, some REALLY good lighting to give your backdrop a nice even color.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent backdrop, April 27, 2010

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised., October 1, 2010
First off the dimensions were not the 6x9 that they said it was, it was more like 8.25x5.5. One of the sides was sewn so it could hang on a bar, which was not advertised. It was folded instead of rolled meaning you have to iron it, and some of the creases are still very visable.

It looks like someone orders these from their home and cuts them themselves. the cut ends were a little frayed.

Bottom line: You can only hang it one way because of the sewing, and if you hang it the other way the doubled over fabric makes that area darker than the rest, and for chroma key you need even thickness. The fabric is too light making me question the fact that it is muslin cloth (which is heavier), when it is draped naturally like it should it wrinkles and doesn't fall flat.

I have yet to shoot in front of it, but I forsee editing problems like I did when I used a common bed sheet.

2.0 out of 5 stars This isn't so much a Chromakey screen as it a damn green sheet., September 6, 2010
While it does serve "A" purpose, it still isn't a standard issue Chromakey screen. This is something someone is capitalizing on and probably making out their home. The plus side is it does come with two heavy duty clips for holding up the so called "SCREEN" -- But the truth is the truth. I actually have sheets/curtains that have worked just as well, and since my "REAL" Chromakey screen is ripped in an area and stained in another with some fake blood -- This will have to do for now.

Still, people, beware and know that you will be getting a pretty shoddy sheet/curtain with a couple darts along the 6 ft in seam. Yes, you can not hang the "sheet" the 9 foot way, which many would need, as they didn't dart it as such. It begs you to use stands "Sold separately". You could, in theory, pick up one of these from Wal-mart if you wanted to.

1.0 out of 5 stars way darker than in pictures, May 29, 2012
not sure if I was sent the wrong product or if the picture shown for this backdrop is indeed the wrong color. mine is totally dark green and looks nothing like the light bright green in the picture. is that normal?

4.0 out of 5 stars A good low-cost solution, March 23, 2011
As another reviewer noted, this product comes folded, not rolled, so you have to iron it, and it was also for me somewhat resistant to actually being ironed.

In using it, however, the wrinkles were not as much of an issue as making sure it is evenly and well lit. If you have good lighting on the subject but the screen is full of shadows (i.e., not lit well), it's tougher to key.

I'd recommend going to your local Home Depot or hardware store and getting a six foot piece of wooden dowel -- the type you'd use for a closet rod -- and attaching it to one end so that a) you can roll it to store it and b) you can use the dowel as a weight on the bottom. (That won't work so well if you intend to use it in "landscape" mode.)

I'd also recommend getting some clamps (I used clothespins) and string to stretch it across whatever kind of frame you decide to make or use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad., December 26, 2010
Unfortunately, it's not as green as the picture might lead you to think. It is a standard darker green, not really as lime as some other green screens. It comes really wrinkled, so I would suggest getting a steamer to get the wrinkles out. Also, make sure you have somewhere to hang it and a three way lighting system so that it works properly!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars It is as advertised, October 26, 2010
Kevin Tisdel (Springfield, MO United States) - See all my reviews
Yep. It's a big green piece of cloth for shooting chromakey photography and videography. It does have some fold lines in it as shipped, but after a run through the dryer and a light spray with a wrinkle releaser and it was smooth as if it had been purchased on a roll.

5.0 out of 5 stars great customer service, January 17, 2010
This product came on time and my son loves it. The only problem that I had was a stain on the muslin. Yes a "stain." It looked like a blood stain about the size of two quarters.
We called the company. They requested a picture, we sent it via email. No questions aked, they sent another one. They were very apoligetic and helpful. We washed the stain, now he has TWO. Other than that , this is an excellent product.

6'x9' Chromakey Green Screen Backdrop Background Fancierstudio