Polk Audio RM6750 5.1 Channel Home Theater Speaker System (Set of Six, Black)
Used & New from: $189.00
7.1 vs 5.1 w/ RM 6750 I have the Polk Audio RM 6750 hooked up to a Sony STRDG 720. For the first week I used the 5.1 system, but decided to drag out to Sony SS MB 350 H speakers I had to convert it to 7.1.

I have read some posts that said there was not a huge difference. I tend to disagree. For the price, these speakers are outstanding. I notice a huge difference from 5.1 to 7.1.

I have read some posts that the sub sounds better hooked up through the L/R speaker wire as opposed to the L/R sub "jack". Is this true?

Can not go wrong with these ($234 on Amazon and the Sony receiver for $299 on Amazon) as a speaker system, I think they sound outstanding.

Transformers and 300 never sounded better!
[UPDATED] asked by Slater0239 on July 14, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
votes
Hey Slater, I pretty much have the same setup you just described, got the Son STRDG 720 last week and just purchased these speakers today. Which speakers do you think would be a good purchase to convert this system into 7.1? I have two large polk bookshelves at home although they are a bit old, what do you think?
T. Lugo answered on December 3, 2008

A
votes
I have the Polk 6750s, a PS3 and an Onkyo 606. The receiver and PS3 are 7.1 capable, but I just don't think 7.1 is necessary. I mean, with 5.1 you have two in front and two in back, so you're getting surround. And there's also the concern about the running the additional cables. Perhaps in a room much larger than mine it would be worth it, but since there just aren't that many movies that take advantage of 7.1 (even though many games do), I personally don't plan on making the upgrade any time soon. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it though.

I love the Polk 6750 system. Great size/sound ratio, not to mention the killer price. But I saw them somewhere else (hint: egg) for $179.99.
Peter DeMars answered on December 4, 2008
‹ Previous   1   Next ›