|Screen Size||7 inches|
|Screen Resolution||800 x 400|
|Max Screen Resolution||800 x 400 pixels|
|Processor||8803 CORTEX A8|
|Average Battery Life (in hours)||3 hours|
VINCI 7-Inch Touchscreen Mobile Learning Tablet (4GB)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- No WIFI. Exclusively designed for young children
- Cortex A8 processor, Android 2.3
- Multi-Touch 7-inch (diagonal) glossy widescreen display. 3 megapixel rear-facing camera. Battery life: up to 3 hours of learning time. Internal storage: 4GB
- Download new apps, update installed apps, and transfer media files using the VINCI Tab Manager software
- Parents can use the built-in camera to capture special moments: snap photos & record videos-store them in VINCI Gallery, or share with family & friends
- Preloaded VINCI Early Learning Apps: Game Series: Explorations; Storybook: Ugly Duck Music Video: Sing-n-Dance (12 songs), Lullabies (8 songs)
- Soft handle for little hands to grip, using safe materials
Top Customer Reviews
1. the handle is nice
alright, now for the cons...
1. even though this thing is built on android 2.3.3, it's less stable than my 2001 windows ce phone. the "video player" will play a few videos in a row then the screen just stays black while the audio plays in the background. give it a minute in this state and try to press the back button and you'll get a nice error and force-close. however, whatever thread responsible for playing the video continues to run and the audio for the video plays until it's complete (or you power-off the device). imagine my surprise when my daughter gets frustrated because the audio for three videos are playing at the same time and they won't turn off.
2. even slight pressure on the back of the tablet causes the screen to turn purple/flicker. (horrible hardware).
3. the camera takes pictures with resolution circa 1998.
4. one of their selling points was the absence of a wifi/internet connection to prevent children from getting to things they shouldn't. well that's fine, except if you're making a custom Android ROM and you leave an internet connection out of the hardware, it might be a good idea to remove all the native android apps like google maps, gmail, marketplace, etc.... honestly, what the hell? it's like they didn't even try. Look at the kindle fire...Read more ›
While I was initially impressed with this item, the screen broke very easily and after initially replacing the item, this happened a second time. I purchased an extended warrantee but was told that it would be $80 to replace. I purchased this item right when it was released, and found that I had to wait several weeks for supporting software to be released before I could even use the item. This was a problem since it was for my autistic son's birthday. I was not able to give it to him for his birthday because operating software was not yet available! I checked the website daily which had messages to keep checking back. Once it was available, and the tablet was working, I found my son did indeed enjoy it. It just is too fragile for a child.
My son has an ipad as a speech device and has not had a problem with the screen.
I also felt the price was way out of alignment being that I paid about $500 for the device and another $100 or so for a warrantee. The warrantee is doing me no good because they want me to pay to have it fixed anyway.
To add insult to injury, only months after releasing the item with no supporting software and with wifi permanently disabled, they got wise to the fact that it was over priced and under performing and cut the price in half and enabled wifi.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I have two kids and I got the 7" and the 5" tablets for them as a black friday deal, so they were discounted. I don't think I would have paid full price them. Read morePublished 22 months ago by S. Mason
Got this for my grandson last Christmas, big disappointment. We got it to charge the first time but no matter what we do it will not charge again. Total waste of money!Published on September 25, 2013 by kristie681
I decided not to buy this item, but rent it from gizmotakeout instead. Thank goodness. Its definitely not a bad product and my kids liked it. Read morePublished on December 18, 2012 by Anju Mathew
The vinci customer service is not responding. I have been told that someone will call me in 24 hours, but it has been already over a month and no one... Read more
So, I was a little apprehensive to buying this after reading the reviews on this. Yes...it is costly but so was my tablet that my 2 year old kept stealing. Read morePublished on May 21, 2012 by kilika182
Got this for my nephew who is 2. He loves to watch and listen to the songs - then it shuts off for no apparent reason. Read morePublished on March 5, 2012 by Amy L
Grandparents bought this for our toddler.
Buggy, bad sound, no wi-fi, overpriced, subscription service needed to update???
Booo to you Vinci.
I wouldnt waste my time on this product they didnt do enough research and the technology is already out dated with New tablets coming out everyday and apple and kindle releasing... Read morePublished on October 1, 2011 by Strophic