Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 46 questions
vote
Allan, yes it will work perfectly with the D5200. It is an very good lens that has sharp, fast focus throughout the f-stop range. I just came back from two weeks in Africa and it was almost the only lens I used day and night because it is so fast (f/2.8). Very rugged pro lens construction that has successfully made three Africa trips, Nepal, Morocco and the Sahara, Patagonia and Cape Horn all without any issues including internal dust from the zoom mechanism. The only negative is the weight. For me, it is worth it for the confidence that I will get the shots. Hope that helps.
Mar 29, 2014 by R. Frew
votes
This IS most likely a VRII lens. It does picture the original VR lens but I tried to get a VR I from them a few months ago and they sent me a VRII. I let Amazon and Electronics Basket know about the error but it seems not much was done about it. Here is a link to my review.... http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-70-200mm-Nikkor-Digital-Cameras/product-reviews/B00009MDBQ/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_pop_hist_1?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addOneStar&showViewpoints=0
Nov 24, 2013 by Mark Richardson
votes
I had just purchased the SB800 when the 900 came out. Always happens that way. I have used the SB800 and it works somewhat well but understand that a lens with this focal length will require a flash that really brings it! I use this lens for landscape and sports photography, daylight shooting, because that 2.8 glass really lets the light in. I might suggest going directly to Nikon and asking them to show their hand on this one. I am going to try it as well. Are you shooting in Aperature and Manual modes? this will also let you control the amount of light you will need for your pix to really come out nice.
Jun 16, 2014 by Bonnie Jaimes
votes
is this an fx lense Jan 29, 2014
This lens will work on both DX and FX cameras. Even if your DX camera doesn't have an auto focus motor, the lens has (IF) which means internal focus. On an FX camera the focal distance is 70-200 but in a DX is 105-300 due to the crop factor of the DX sensor. I use this lense on a D7000 which is a DX and love it. Hope this helps
Jan 29, 2014 by Luis
votes
Yes, absolutely. I used this lens with a d300.
Jan 31, 2014 by Andrew Finnestad
votes
Yes
Nov 29, 2014 by Nav3000
votes
Definitely not! This, by far, has been my best lens purchase. I bought this for my D3100, & it works wonders. I've used it for a wedding & several shoots. It's never let me down. I use it witH my d7100 & it does just as well. Great first glass purchase.
Jan 16, 2015 by Cody Bachinski
votes
Yes, this lens will work great with a D3s.
9 days ago by bbb
votes
YES! I use a d7000, and its a great combo! http://www.flickr.com/photos/93243062@N05/9441546218/
Aug 4, 2013 by Joshua Birge
votes
Yes. This lens would be a great addition to any kit.
Jan 2, 2014 by J. I. Foster
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers