on January 30, 2007
I read this book all the way through, did all the problems that I actually had answers for, and, if not for Transcender's exam questions, there is no doubt that I would have failed the 70-290 exam. This book provides questions at the end of each chapter for you to review what you just learned, sadly though, the answers are in the teacher's edition, which you just don't have access to. The section "What You Really Need to Know" does provide answers to the questions, but, some of the answers are wrong, which drove me nuts. As a reference book, this one is great, but as a test prep book, I would have to say find another one. I cannot recommend it for the actual exam.
on December 21, 2006
This text is a great initial or supplement to additional texts about Windows Server 2003. The various discussions and hands-on sections at the end of each chapter enhance understanding about the Windows Server network operating system. Clearly conceived and well done. More concise than the first version.
on May 3, 2011
I order this book on a Thursday evening, and received it Monday afternoon. Only reason giving 4 stars, instead of 5, is the book binding is pretty beat up. Other than that, book is exactly how described in description. Certainly would buy again from this seller, and encourage others to do the same!
on June 30, 2011
I ordered 5 books at the same time, from different sellers. This one came first in about 3 business days on an expedited order, so I would have to say they are fast. They were faster than a shipper that was 3 hours away from my house. I will order from them again.
on May 6, 2007
This is a great resource for understanding the inner workings of Windows Server 2003. It starts with the very basics, but touches on advanced options as well. It is well written and easy to follow. The review questions at the end of each chapter are great for making sure you understand what has been presented.
on May 10, 2010
As student in the Computer networking field, I find this book really easy to read and understand. It comes with practices to test your knowledge and understanding of the material.
Even though the semester is over, I will keep it for review and reminder.
on August 28, 2007
If you are buying this book for a Server 2003 class, be advised that it does not have the LabMentor disk or the passcodes required to log on to the Course LabMentor site.
on November 18, 2009
Required textbook for Computer Class. Everything that my instructor needed to convey Server 2003.
on October 2, 2009
it look better i though it would.....good condition/// I would do business with them again.
on October 20, 2008
Teaches you nothing. Fell apart in my hands before I even was finished reading. Very poor editing and writing for that matter. If it was 1/3 of the price would probably give it three stars, for that much money one could expect much more than that.